Who to gear first for Empire?

DanTastix_1
284 posts Member
edited January 2017
With Krennic and DT I plan to work on Empire. 3 of my toons need very hard gear, but the gear overlaps so I can either give one hard piece to each of Vader and Palp to get them to G9 or just Shore to G9. So who is more important for G9, Shoretrooper or Palpatine and Vader?
Post edited by DanTastix_1 on

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I would say shore, he keeps everyone else alive in the opening barage, at least that's the route I'm going, I plan to gear him first then palp, Vader and tfp after him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shore, or palp is dead.

Also depends on your leader. If you plan to run zader, you want to make sure he survives.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    I would say shore, he keeps everyone else alive in the opening barage, at least that's the route I'm going, I plan to gear him first then palp, Vader and tfp after him.

Ive looked further into it, and its a choice of Vader and Palp or shore. I will update my OP but does your opinion remain?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Shore, or palp is dead.

Also depends on your leader. If you plan to run zader, you want to make sure he survives.

I will be running Palp as I dont have any zetas yet
  • I would still recommend shore, if you face a lot of wiggs teams there is a very good chance your palp dies fast without shore, so imo gearing shore would be the priority, but then again not knowing the kits for krennic and dt, you may want to save for another week to see of that info is released.
  • Vader is pretty easy to get to gear 10 so I would do that if you can also.
  • Robertdd1 wrote: »
    Vader is pretty easy to get to gear 10 so I would do that if you can also.

So Vader, then Shore, then Palp?
  • You can work on all 3 kind of at the same time, Vader if I remember is very easy to 10, but he's slow so u need good mods with him. All 3 are solid, great toons no real mistake on who you choose to gear up quicker.
    Good luck..
  • I run EP (l) Vader, shore, TFP, and Boba, all gear 8 with Vader the exception he's at g9, I'm going with shore to level first so incase I can't stop Lando from his second ae at least maybe shore will live long enough to get crit avoidance up, more often than not at g8 he can take the triple shot but wedge finishes him off with his ae.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    I run EP (l) Vader, shore, TFP, and Boba, all gear 8 with Vader the exception he's at g9, I'm going with shore to level first so incase I can't stop Lando from his second ae at least maybe shore will live long enough to get crit avoidance up, more often than not at g8 he can take the triple shot but wedge finishes him off with his ae.

Where do you place in arena?
  • I just unlocked shore a few days ago, but after getting him in the squad I generally stay between 40-62, before shore was normally between 60-95, so I think for me gearing shore will help out more atm.
  • Shore
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Shore, TFP, Palpatine, Vader.

Shore for the burst damage.
    TFP to get rid of any taunting tanks/DPS
    Palpatine because you only need shock and stun.
    Vader because he needs a few DOTs to do real damage plus he has a ton of HP.