edited January 2017
    Options
    No!!!!! Maybe it means Rey is the last Jedi. I hope they don't kill luke
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    lol i knew someone would beat me to it
  • Options
    Maybe its just because luke currently is the last Jedi and Rey isnt a jedi yet, im sure I've heard the episode is about luke at what hes been up to for the past 30 years. Also, im sure episode 9 is set for 2019 and thats tbe last episode ever :(
  • Options
    Jedi is both singular and plural. It means nothing.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Jedi is both singular and plural. It means nothing.

Good point !!
  • Maljr1980
    493 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maybe its just because luke currently is the last Jedi and Rey isnt a jedi yet, im sure I've heard the episode is about luke at what hes been up to for the past 30 years. Also, im sure episode 9 is set for 2019 and thats tbe last episode ever :(

I doubt that! Disney bought Star Wars to make a universe like marvel. They did not buy it to make two films and be done. There will be a Han Solo movie, Yoda movie, maybe a boba movie, and we can all keep our fingers crossed for a CUP trilogy
  • Options

I just think it has a deeper meaning and that Luke is the last jedi now and when Rey is trained he is gonna die, so Rey will end as "The Last jedi" at the end.. :/
  • Options
    Rey is a sith.
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    Rey is a sith.

That way Luke still could be the last jedi in the end lol
  • Options
    Reys gonna be a sith. Ben solo is the last jedi
  • Options
    #lukedies
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Recall the title crawl of Episode 7: "Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed"
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Recall the title crawl of Episode 7: "Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed"
    I still don't understand why the republic is called the "resistance" even though they control the galaxy... the First Order is technically the "Resistance".
    So many plot holes in TFA.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    It better be a step up from "The Fail Awakens" that relied on nostalgia and still failed.
  • Options
    Willing to bet (hoping anyway) there will be a trailer during the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    Rogue one smashed TFA in my book. Probably why chaze is so strong and kylo ren sucks so bad
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    I still don't understand why the republic is called the "resistance" even though they control the galaxy... the First Order is technically the "Resistance".

Because the Republic and Resistance are separate. The Republic was secretly bankrolling the Resistance to fight against the First Order. That's how I read it anyway.
  • Options
    So many haters in the thread for the newer Star wars Movies. Just be glad we have Star wars again could never have another Star wars movie or this game for a fact if it wasnt for Disney. Anyways The last Jedi could mean many things I hope its kinda a what luke has been up too since Return of the Jedi and his training of Other Force sensitive types and Kylo ren/Ben Solo and the Birth of Rey.
  • Options
    Maljr1980 wrote: »

I doubt that! Disney bought Star Wars to make a universe like marvel. They did not buy it to make two films and be done. There will be a Han Solo movie, Yoda movie, maybe a boba movie, and we can all keep our fingers crossed for a CUP trilogy

That's a trilogy I could live without. But yeah, there's a bunch more movies on the way: mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disney-planning-10-new-star-7509188
    It better be a step up from "The Fail Awakens" that relied on nostalgia and still failed.

Define failure. consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-officially-the-highest-grossing-movie-in-north-american-history/
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »

Because the Republic and the Resistance aren't the same thing. The New Republic wants no war and doesn't believe this First Order is any serious threat and won't do anything about them. Leia tried to plea otherwise but they don't trust the daughter of Vader to bring them into a new war. Leia forms the Resistance as a separate entity to fight them.
  • Options
    I cannot see them going into episode 9 with no original cast members and no skywalkers. Would just be dumb at that point.
  • Options
    Title refers to Mace Windu. Who is actually Snoke
  • Options
    Title refers to Mace Windu. Who is actually Snoke

I like this.

Maybe because Luke isn't a "real" Jedi? Too old, presumably marries, etc.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Imo Luke is no Jedi. Couple of months on Dagobah with Yoda doesnt make you Jedi
  • Options

Epic fail imo.

• Options
    From now on we call ourselves the Shwartz.
  • Options
    Rey?
    <As yet unamed Kenobi>
    Jar-Jar?

Who knows?
  • Options
    LEIABACCA FTW!
    You really have to appreciate this lore that can go anywhere! :|
  • Options
    Kylo will turn to the lightside and become ben solo the last jedi, along with finn his force sensitive sidekick. Rey will turn to the dark side once snoke reveals his true self, the strongest sith lord ever.... jar jar binks!