Do you guys still bother farming for stun cuffs?

Prev1
I need at least 4 stun cuffs just to improve my current droid line-up up one gear level. And the drop rates are horrendous. For 10 energy per attempt, I even went 0/24 (2 energy refills) last weekend. Now I'm getting 1/6-8. I only got 20 pieces in a week of daily farming with 2 energy refills.

The rancor raid reward always gives me challenge acquired salvages and not even the 50 pcs syringes we need for a lot of characters.

Did we do anything bad for EA to hate us so bad? =(

Are we really doomed to buy the 1400 cuffs from the shipments?

Replies

• scuba
    14041 posts Member
    I don't farm them. Buy them in shipments.
  • I've generally stopped farming most 50-piece purple gear. Instead, I limit my refreshes to what is necessary to hit my 600 (if you plan it out correctly, you can get by on one refresh every two days for that), and save my crystals to buy gear.
  • Shipments. I may farm to finish off if im at 49/50 but otherwise use crystals for refreshes or purple holos in reg shipments.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't farm them. Buy them in shipments.

Yep, saves the headache. Gave up farming them a while ago and never looked back.
  • Tamonizer wrote: »
    I need at least 4 stun cuffs just to improve my current droid line-up up one gear level. And the drop rates are horrendous. For 10 energy per attempt, I even went 0/24 (2 energy refills) last weekend. Now I'm getting 1/6-8. I only got 20 pieces in a week of daily farming with 2 energy refills.

The rancor raid reward always gives me challenge acquired salvages and not even the 50 pcs syringes we need for a lot of characters.

I recently focused on leveling up my JKA and farmed 100 stuncuffs at gear IX and 50 at gear X. It only took me about 2 weeks using a minimum of 2 refreshes a day (only 100 energy) and up to 4 per day (only 300 energy). FYI I'm totally F2P but hover in the 25-50 and 50-100 brackets so I can tend to focus on energy refreshes just from daily crystal rewards.
  • I'm old school. I farm **** - it's what I do. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • pwnthenubs wrote: »
    Tamonizer wrote: »

I recently focused on leveling up my JKA and farmed 100 stuncuffs at gear IX and 50 at gear X. It only took me about 2 weeks using a minimum of 2 refreshes a day (only 100 energy) and up to 4 per day (only 300 energy). FYI I'm totally F2P but hover in the 25-50 and 50-100 brackets so I can tend to focus on energy refreshes just from daily crystal rewards.

I'm also F2P at the Top 20 on both ships and arena but I refuse to spend past 50 energy for refreshes. So it took you 2 weeks for 150 pieces. Do you still refresh cantina energy in this approach?
  • Not to make everyone jealous or jynx myself but my stun cuff drop rate has been amazing lately. I switched from 7D to 8G and the drop rate is much better. Usually 120 crystals I've been getting 3-7 cuffs.
  • I use my 50/50 refreshes, and all bonus energy, and all daily energy regen to farm cuffs. All day. Every day. Forever. And I've stopped refreshing cantina to save crystals to buy cuffs. Once I get the Zetas I want, and my whole fleet is finally 7* then I look forward to using my fleet currency for cuffs. Everyone I have needs multiple cuffs. I hate cuffs. Welcome to Cuff Wars:Galaxy of Cuff Farming. :s
  • gave up on them, i'll wait for raid and stuck my team to whatever it is.SAME WITH STUN GUN!!!
  • I use to buy them because people said the drop rate was so bad but some others recently said it's much better than people think. I wanted something more exact so started tracking.

Assuming 50 crystals for 120 energy, it's currently costing less than 800 crystals per 50 cuffs. I plan on publishing the exact numbers once I reach 900-1k sims.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    I use to buy them because people said the drop rate was so bad but some others recently said it's much better than people think. I wanted something more exact so started tracking.

Assuming 50 crystals for 120 energy, it's currently costing less than 800 crystals per 50 cuffs. I plan on publishing the exact numbers once I reach 900-1k sims.

I probably buy them more because of the frustration level of the low drops. just hurts doing 24 sims and getting 5-6 cuffs
  • scuba wrote: »
    I use to buy them because people said the drop rate was so bad but some others recently said it's much better than people think. I wanted something more exact so started tracking.

I probably buy them more because of the frustration level of the low drops. just hurts doing 24 sims and getting 5-6 cuffs

I tend to farm to completion instead of all 50. I had 37 cuffs from raid drops and needed one for TP. Before I'd just wait thinking it was a big waste to sim but seeing they aren't as bad as I thought, I finished the cuff in 1.5 days. Before I'd wait a week or two praying it would drop in Rancor again.

When simming 20 and getting 3, I can just look and see that I've gotten 6-20 quite a few times and that the mean is what counts. Not having written evidence, all you do is stare at the 3 cursing.
  • I use to buy them because people said the drop rate was so bad but some others recently said it's much better than people think. I wanted something more exact so started tracking.

I'd like to see the numbers sneekypants! Im willing to spend my refreshes on it but the number of days will for 50 pieces will depend on my decision to farm or to buy. It may also be prudent to just buy the cuffs and farm other purple salvages with better drop rates like the seiner holo projectors.

There's some poor psychological effect on failing to get them after 30+ tries.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    I spent so much farming those non stop that all I have left is toons where it's require for the holoprojector mk IV if I'm not mistaken. Now it's the list of toons that need stun guns that depresses me.
  • pwnthenubs wrote: »
    Tamonizer wrote: »

I'm also F2P at the Top 20 on both ships and arena but I refuse to spend past 50 energy for refreshes. So it took you 2 weeks for 150 pieces. Do you still refresh cantina energy in this approach?
    I always spend 50/50 refreshes each day to farm gear. On guild activities days where it's Light Side/Dark Side I use 50/50/100/100. On average when F2P and top 100 you should have 200+ crystals a day from login/dailies/arena & more if in higher payout tiers.

If only spending 100 per day (5 times a week) and 300 on LS/DS (twice per week), plus two 100/100 cantina refreshes a week for cantina battles guild activities, you should be able to actually make a weekly profit on crystals. In total if I follow this and log in each day I am only spending a total of 1100 crystals on energy refreshes a week and 400 crystals on cantina refreshes per week, so a total of 1500 crystals a week.

Since jumping into the top 50 recently and maintaining this for payout I have actually managed to turn around a profit of a few hundred crystals a week (plus any extra made from daily rewards completion bonus).
  • I'll also note I plan to go slightly P2P soon and will stock up on some crystals to be able to farm both energy and cantina a lot faster, which at the moment is unrealistic seeing as I am more or less just breaking even on my current energy refresh schedule of 100-100-100-100-100-300-300 and cantina 0-0-0-0-0-200-200.

What I plan to do is to purchase two vaults and three monthly energy packs (is that what they're called? The 100 daily crystal packs).

What it will allow me to do is to farm with energy refreshes of 50/50/100/100 per day, seven days a week; as well as 100/100 cantina refreshes per day and two 100/100/200/200 on cantina battles guild activity days. This will allow me to effectively farm for 3 months (given I maintain just top 100).

This should allow me to farm my Jawa and Resistance squads for Mod Farming, as well as my Jedi and Droid squads for HAAT and focus on a few other select toons to help in arena/ships.

I may digress from the original point of stuncuffs a little but as you can see, just farming stun cuffs per se is easy to do as F2P top 100/top 50, but to really catch up to an ever improving P2P top 20 you really need to join 'em to beat 'em if you're not already matching P2P as F2P.
  • On average, you're still better off farming them: assuming a conservative 20% drop rate (a guildie tracked it for a long time and got ~22%), and using only 50¢ refreshes, you're still paying 1000¢ per full piece rather than 1400 from the store.
    But the 400¢ might be the price of the frustration that you'll inevitably get from bad days at the farm.
    You're actually much better buying Projectors Mk3 (300¢) and all prototypes (750¢) and farm the cuffs than the opposite.

I just made a quick tally of the gear I need to gear up a few of my most-used toons (Arena, raid, pilots). A few stun guns, a few furnaces, a couple of the crazy new raid gears, and ... a good dozen stun cuffs!

And those rats just hide in every possible hole: BlasTech Mk9? Stun cuffs in disguise! Comlinks Mk4? More stun cuffs!! Projectors Mk4? A few assorted pieces and mooooaaaar stun cuffs!!!
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't buy Stuncuffs/Stunguns in the shipment store. They are to expensive. With 2 refreshs per Day you get mostly 5 or more pieces from 8-G LS. I've tried this many times and finished the Gear every time in 9-10 days. The refreshs costs me 900- 1000 kristalls for this. In shipmentstore you pay 1400.

I only buy tankraid gear or fully craftet furnances in the shipment store.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm old school. I farm **** - it's what I do. :/

The fact that your profile picture is of a tatooine moisture farmer makes this comment gold.
  • I would like to buy stun cuffs in shipments, but can't justify the 1400 it costs. I did the math one time and found it's way more cost effective (though frustrating) to farm them using nodes. Plus you get small bits of other things by farming nodes. Soooo unfortunately the grind will continue for me.
  • I farm and buy from shipments. If I'm desperate, I'll use ship tokens to grab a few whenever i need them. Just you guys wait until you see the two other pieces we need that uses these annoying cuffs when the next level boost happens.
  • If you don't farm them, where else are ya going to get em?? Shipments yes, but that's crystals. Rancor? Lols I haven't gotten any since August (quite literally).

If I had like 20 sets of cuffs, guns, and holos, I could gear every one of my important toons to g10. That's how much other gear I have. And that's how little of these items I have.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    If you don't farm them, where else are ya going to get em?? Shipments yes, but that's crystals. Rancor? Lols I haven't gotten any since August (quite literally).

If I had like 20 sets of cuffs, guns, and holos, I could gear every one of my important toons to g10. That's how much other gear I have. And that's how little of these items I have.

You can find them in the fleet shipments, 600 for 5 Stun Cuffs. Just bought them today.
  • shipment 1pcs of stun cuff cost = 28gem

with only 50+50 gem energy refresh you get 240 energy;
    %5 drop rate 1pcs of stun cuff cost= 83,33gem
    %10 drop rate 1pcs of stun cuff cost= 41,66gem
    %15 drop rate 1pcs of stun cuff cost= 27,77gem
    %20 drop rate 1pcs of stun cuff cost = 20,83gem
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    shipment 1pcs of stun cuff cost = 28gem

Just a small edit - 1pcs stun cuff does not cost 28 gem - there are another gear in crafted. I think just 50 stun cuff costs a little over 1200 which means 1pcs cost about 25 gems
  • I stopped 6 months ago since my drop rate was 5-6% and now i'm only short about 2k cuffs 4 my current toons. Have about 15 toons fully cuffed though and i still buy them from shipments
  • ForceMondeo
    86 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    pargame wrote: »

Just a small edit - 1pcs stun cuff does not cost 28 gem - there are another gear in crafted. I think just 50 stun cuff costs a little over 1200 which means 1pcs cost about 25 gems

50pcs stun cuff is 1400gem
  • pargame wrote: »

No. Stun Cuffs' only ingredients are 50 stun cuff salvage. So 1400 crystals / 50 = 28 gems per salvage.

The actual drop rate of stun cuff salvage is somewhere 20 and 25%. Conclusion: don't buy stun cuffs with crystals. The 300 crystal farmable gear is a lot nearer to being worth it. I don't think you can get, on average, a full holo projector with 6 refreshes (although it's very close).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i farm and buy them, depending on how much i want/need the cuffs. When i'm not in a hurry I use my arena crystals on non-farmable gear. I refresh normal energy 2 x 50 crystals, farming whatever I want/need most, whether it's cuffs or something else. it's slow, but cheaper.
    1400crystals = 28 refreshes = 336 sims = break even at a 7.32% droprate. tbh, i haven't tracked my droprate, but i assume it's higher than 7.32%.
    Save water, drink champagne!