Future Pilot and Ship Suggestion

UlicQ
198 posts Member
edited January 2017
So I was thinking it will be difficult, logistically, to get all of the iconic ships in the game since many of them don't have named pilots. Tie Bombers, Tie Interceptor, A-Wings, B-Wings, and Y-wings for example.

So why not let us use a generic pilot to fly multiple ships. I.E. a tie pilot could fly all generic tie fighters. This way the devs could add ships without having to add a bunch of nameless/generic pilot. This would also work with the other side by adding a Rebel pilot.

Thoughts?

Replies

• As the Seal Team 6 of Stormtroopers, I think it's reasonable for Deathtroopers to be trained in flying. They could take Tie Interceptors, while somebody like Veers could fly a custom Tie Bomber. For the A-Wing and Y-Wing, I think HRSc and HRso could become pilots. A lack of manpower meant that Rebels probably had to use the same men as both pilots and foot soldiers depending on the situation.
  • Kabitoe10
    184 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Well. If they did this they could add all the cannon tie variations, the a-wing y-wing b-wing. I think the should also add naboo star fighter and a naboo pilot, then release a vulture droid ship. Which I feel would be pretty cool.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    I'd love for the naboo pilot and fighter to be added, but my suggestion for 1 pilot in multiple vehicles was to keep the devs from creating a bunch more generic pilots with insane skills.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »
    Well. If they did this they could add all the cannon tie variations, the a-wing y-wing b-wing. I think the should also add naboo star fighter and a naboo pilot, then release a vulture droid ship. Which I feel would be pretty cool.

The only problem I see with the vulture droid ships is that they don't have pilots
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »

The only problem I see with the vulture droid ships is that they don't have pilots

What if the vulture droid crew power was based on your capital ship captain? I.e. It would change based whichever ship you use.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Ummm, slightly off topic but if you're going to move this discussion to the "ships" page shouldn't we be able to access the "ships" page? There is currently no option to get to this section.