Higher-level Cantina battles.. should I even care?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
Thanks to SWGOHCantina I can now see that there's not a single character shard after Jedi Consular in 3A that I even really care about. Plus the energy costs have now annoyingly gone up from their already-stupid-high 8 to 10.
Is there any reason to even bother going higher? Maybe some sort of high-level gear only drops here in the future?
The energy system is not horrible in this game but it's a little too expensive.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• I'd really only bother to complete them for the first time clear rewards.

I don't think the skill upgrade material drops increase as you go higher.
  • Just hit the change from 8 energy to 10. The recharge rate for all energy is way too slow. Coupled with the low drop rates, it is making the game a bit frustrating.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Do u guys even know what ur talking about ?? There are shards on level 4. FYI Plo koon is a great tank, just under used. He has great abilities, just that at this time his abilities are over shadowed.
  • The Cantina can be farmed as often as you wish, so I wonder why there is a 2nd Luke Skywalker farm place in the 5th level .... which costs even more energy ... why is this an alternative? Is it more xp or cantina cash compared to the energy it uses? I don't get it.
  • Better drops come along with the later level farming, that's something to remember. Ability mats, especially level 3 are somewhat rare to get.
  • But the level 1B Luke also has the purple ability mats as a drop. Are higher drop rates on higher levels confirmed or speculated?
  • I wish people would read the 100 other threads asking the same question instead of making pointless threads.
  • I'm sorry, but it seemed like such a pressing up-to-date question that looking at the first 20 or 30 threads that page 1 shows and not 1 in general having this topic I assumed that it wasn't asked yet.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    ForAiur wrote: »
    But the level 1B Luke also has the purple ability mats as a drop. Are higher drop rates on higher levels confirmed or speculated?

You get better Shipment tokens ratio with the 10 energy cost, so you get faster Daba/Poe that way
  • You learn something new every day thanks!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • You get daka poe boba sooner but luke later cause it cost 10 per battle
  • They are two different Lukes
  • Seeing how this thread is asking a question that's similar to what I want to ask, I guess I'll avoid the trouble of making a new thread.

Concerning gear, should I use my energy to repeatedly do a mission that drops my desired gear, or use energy to reach a later level that also has that gear? Would the drop rate be higher in the later level?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • I haven't noticed any difference in drop rate of anything between lower level and higher level challenges.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Seeing how this thread is asking a question that's similar to what I want to ask, I guess I'll avoid the trouble of making a new thread.

Concerning gear, should I use my energy to repeatedly do a mission that drops my desired gear, or use energy to reach a later level that also has that gear? Would the drop rate be higher in the later level?

There is no difference in actual drop rate for gear. However, according to the Devs there is an increased chance of getting a desired gear drop from a mission with the fewest potential gear drops. So if you have two choices where one has two potential gear drops versus another with three, go with the one that has only two drops.
  • Probably safe to assume the level 5 cantina shards are all placeholders.
  • Drop rate has to increase !!!
  • Why did you revive this dead thread? Don't do that
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks to SWGOHCantina I can now see that there's not a single character shard after Jedi Consular in 3A that I even really care about. Plus the energy costs have now annoyingly gone up from their already-stupid-high 8 to 10.
    Is there any reason to even bother going higher? Maybe some sort of high-level gear only drops here in the future?
    The energy system is not horrible in this game but it's a little too expensive.

+100

I too was disappointed to not see anything of interest there either. For me, I'm farming Biggs and Geonosian Soldier but that's it and I'm happy about this because farming in Cantina is slow regardless. In my mind less Cantina is better, too many crystals to refresh and too little to offer. After I finish Daka, I'm doing Boba only because I have most of his shards to unlock him but after I 7* him, I'll probably never play Cantina ever again except to just play enough for my daily achievements...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'd farm Geo, JC, Kylo, IG86 (so I can use GW for other chars I like there) and dooku. That for now. Cantina also give ability mats. i think it's a great placer to farm if you like to have a deep roster with high level abilities
  • I believe someone from the dev comfirmed that the shard drop rate is same but the chance for ability mats etc. is better in higher level battles.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Just to be clear, I started this thread 6 weeks ago, it is no longer relevant. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.