CRYSTAL are way OVERPRICED!

Prev1
Timothious
90 posts Member
edited January 2016
I am totally SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED to say the least that the owners and makers of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes would increase the price of Crystals...I have spent and WASTED hundreds of dollars on this game buying crystals and TRYING to get characters. EVERYONE is SICK OF IT and CANNOT AFFORD IT.

The Materials for upgrading characters skills almost NEVER DROP from the Cantina. It is ludicrous offering 100 crystals a day for people that have spent hundreds of dollars and more in this meaningless game and software.

It is seriously unfair and unreasonable because it costs at least 50 crystals for one daily story energy refill and 100 crystals for one Cantina refill it should be at least 150 crystals a day of refills just for one refill per event available!

There should already be VIP level for pricing on crystals for people that have spent 100 dollars 500 dollars and over 1000 dollars and on for crystals because it is simply unfair...

It is ABSURD to think that hundreds and thousands of dollars are blown on a little Mobile Video Game that minimally benefits communities and peoples lives at all in no way either then to relieve a little bit of stress and have a little fun...

I am a VERY UNHAPPY User and overly UNSATISFIED with the rewards presented and how this game runs needs to be FIXED so I will be completely changing my review of the game and will not be spending anymore money filling your GREEDY pockets on this game this is a terribly UNBALANCED system...

My Star Wars USER NAME Timothious I have been a regular faithful customer that has spent way too much money trying to advance and have not been near awarded enough! If there was a way for me the delete the game and refund my money I would gladly do so...I edited this post and made it easier to read...
Post edited by Timothious on

Replies

• Options
    Pro tip,

Don't spend money in the first place if possible wait and let the game run for year or two then decide :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Two things I agree with here.

VIP level related to spending on the account, which is standard in other games of this genre.

Ridiculous price of the daily package, which is far more expensive then other games of this genre.

Beyond that, it's the genre. Freemium, man. If you didn't know it before, I'm sorry you found out this way. The game has a long way to go to match it's competitors beyond having the Star Wars name, but beyond that there is nothing new to see here.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Double post
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Timothious wrote: »
    I am totally SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED to say the least that the owners and makers of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes would increase the price of Crystals... I have spent and WASTED hundreds of dollars on this game buying crystals and TRYING to get characters. EVERYONE is SICK OF IT and CANNOT AFFORD IT. MATS for upgrading characters skills almost NEVER DROP from the Cantina. It's a joke offering 100 crystals a day for people that have spent hundreds of dollars and more in this meaningless game and software. It is seriously a joke because it costs at least 50 crystals for one daily story energy refill and 100 crystals for one Cantina refill it should be at least 150 crystals a day of refills just for one refill per event available! There should already be VIP level for pricing on crystals for people that have spent 100 dollars 500 dollars and over 1000 dollars and on for crystals because it is simply unfair...It's ABSURD to think hundreds and thousands of dollars are blown on a little Mobile Video Game that minimally benefits peoples lives at all in no way either then to relieve a little bit of stress and have a little fun...I am a VERY UNHAPPY USER and overly UNSATISFIED with REWARDS and how this game is run it needs to be FIXED so I will be completely changing my review of the game and will not be spending anymore money filling your GREEDY pockets on this game this is a terribly UNBALANCED system...Star Wars USER NAME Timothious regular customer thats spend way too much money trying to advance and have not been near awarded enough! If there was a way for me the delete the game and refund my money I would gladly do so!

bro i purchased 2 5$ subs and i haven't purchased anything since then. I haven't had any issues with crystals at all. Idk what your problem is, just stop spending as much. I refill 400 crystals worth daily and have plenty left (as long as i at least place 4th).
  • Options
    I think that, next time, you should just capitalize every word to show just how mad you really are!!!!!1111!!!!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    1c96ccf55226534971186d9f7b7ec718f6220b1e32e87588186d22dc1ff89268.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tried to read this but I kept closing my eyes every time you yelled. I never got past the second sentamagraph. :/

Edit: oh.. And Welcome to the Forum.
  • Options
    I am totally SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED to say the least that the owners and makers of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes would increase the price of Crystals... I have spent and WASTED hundreds of dollars on this game buying crystals and TRYING to get characters. EVERYONE is SICK OF IT and CANNOT AFFORD IT. MATS for upgrading characters skills almost NEVER DROP from the Cantina. It's a joke offering 100 crystals a day for people that have spent hundreds of dollars and more in this meaningless game and software. It is seriously a joke because it costs at least 50 crystals for one daily story energy refill and 100 crystals for one Cantina refill it should be at least 150 crystals a day of refills just for one refill per event available! There should already be VIP level for pricing on crystals for people that have spent 100 dollars 500 dollars and over 1000 dollars and on for crystals because it is simply unfair...It's ABSURD to think hundreds and thousands of dollars are blown on a little Mobile Video Game that minimally benefits peoples lives at all in no way either then to relieve a little bit of stress and have a little fun...I am a VERY UNHAPPY USER and overly UNSATISFIED with REWARDS and how this game is run it needs to be FIXED so I will be completely changing my review of the game and will not be spending anymore money filling your GREEDY pockets on this game this is a terribly UNBALANCED system...Star Wars USER NAME Timothious regular customer thats spend way too much money trying to advance and have not been near awarded enough! If there was a way for me the delete the game and refund my money I would gladly do so!

What country are you in?
    There's been adjustments in several countries for currency fluctuations, in Canada where I live our dollar is low due to global commodity prices so converted to USD, the price of crystals has gone up. Think before you fly off the handle.

Can anyone in the US confirm it's still $20 for the 2800 crystal pack? I'm guessing it is.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I live in Canada but that shouldn't make any differences in prices they are giving us more software for money it costs them nothing to make crystals or deliver them to us physically crystals are worthless and have no value in Real life...it's jumped up almost 30 percent in prices sickening!
  • Options
    Yes you are right, the price is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Wow just checked after seeing this post, as I was to spend another 20$ since it's payday, but prices went up roughly 30% here in Canada and I went back on my descision, maybe next time
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I live in denmark and there are no changes in the pricing here, still 799 kr/ 117$
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I live in Canada but that shouldn't make any differences in prices they are giving us more software for money it costs them nothing to make crystals or deliver them to us physically crystals are worthless and have no value in Real life...it's jumped up almost 30 percent in prices sickening!

Calm down...EA/CG did NOT raise the price. It is still the standard price in the US. Like Jabberwocky mentioned, it is because you live in Canada.

It costs them nothing to make crystals? This is a business. It's about PROFIT. And that has value in real life.
  • Options
    Mine did not change in the US.
  • Options
    Exactly! Ridiculous and stupid charging more money for an email of crystals that do not guarantee any definite rewards just a "chance" poof there goes your bank account!
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Can anyone in the US confirm it's still $20 for the 2800 crystal pack? I'm guessing it is.

Yes, in the US it is $19.99 for the 2800 pack.
  • Options
    Wow just checked after seeing this post, as I was to spend another 20$ since it's payday, but prices went up roughly 30% here in Canada and I went back on my descision, maybe next time

Pretty sure the increase was related to itunes and not the game itself, I got a notice in like 5 different games I play about prices increasing in certain countries
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Timothious it's not only game provideres there are greedy here it's also your(and mine) goverment that are greedy, taking taxes for us giving money away
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Well the exchange rate is about .70 to the $ today and the CIBC just downgraded the economic outlook in Canada. It looks like they are making adjustments.

It still is pretty close to $20.00 USD.

Sorry this happened.
  • Options
    Reasons I try to keep myself as FTP as possible. Actually I was feeling the urge to get a crystal pack lately. Thank you.

Though I didn't read the whole post. Too much capitalizing and wall of text. Try separating things in paragraphs for better readability.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    One word "Greed" brother! At least when I played World of Warcraft there was much more value playing that game then a mobile game that easily rakes in thousands of dollars from users with no guarantee of anything in return these aren't even console games they are "Mobile Games" a law should be pass on how much companies can charge these types of things are what can bankrupt people around the world if not carefully monitored! Just my thoughts! I'm an adult in my thirties that plays this game but about young people they can't afford to be spending hundreds of dollars on nothing just to try and have fun and be a little competitive!
  • Options
    Why is this a surprise? Don't you watch Terence and Philip?

242s7zn.jpg=

• Options
    Do people not know what an exchange rate is?
  • Options
    One word "Greed" brother! At least when I played World of Warcraft there was much more value playing that game then a mobile game that easily rakes in thousands of dollars from users with no guarantee of anything in return these aren't even console games they are "Mobile Games" a law should be pass on how much companies can charge these types of things are what can bankrupt people around the world if not carefully monitored! Just my thoughts! I'm an adult in my thirties that plays this game but about young people they can't afford to be spending hundreds of dollars on nothing just to try and have fun and be a little competitive!

You act as if someone is forcing you to pay. I think saying these games will bankrupt people is a little ridiculous. If you can't control yourself and how you spend your money you won't make it very far in life. It's just a game, the sky isn't falling
  • Options
    vangoh wrote: »

You act as if someone is forcing you to pay. I think saying these games will bankrupt people is a little ridiculous. If you can't control yourself and how you spend your money you won't make it very far in life. It's just a game, the sky isn't falling

This. You don't NEED to spend hundreds of dollars. The company isn't forcing you to spend your money. Just like a credit card isn't forcing you to use all that credit. It is YOUR responsibility to use your credit wisely.
  • Options
    Of course everyone's responsible for their own spending! Even if I was a millionaire it still wouldn't validate the high costs of crystals and getting at the end of the day they are getting something and we're getting nothing in exchange as well as the low drop rate of items materials and characters...just because we can do something doesn't mean we should right?
  • Options
    I think crystals are fairly priced. What kind of pricing are you wanting?
  • Timothious
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Whatever country you live in I think crystals should be pricing should be adjused and more rewards given based on VIP leveled ranking according to the amount of money a user has invested in the game and crystal packs pricing should not be increased due to world exchange rates based on currency.

Also PvP players should not be baited to spend 50 or more crystals in between matches and have to wait several minutes between matches to play the next opponent what other mobile game does that Marvel Future fights doesn't do that Injustice God's among us doesn't do that, WWE immortals doesn't do that...There is no question that the makers of this game are more money hungry then other Mobile games...
  • Options
    Whatever country you live in I think crystals should be pricing should be adjused and more rewards given based on VIP leveled ranking according to the amount of money a user has invested in the game and crystal packs pricing should not be increased due to world exchange rates based on currency.

No.. Just because you spend $$ the only thing you should be entitled to is to say you spent $$.

As far as exchange rates go, you really think you should pay less than other because your currency is weak? That makes no sense at all.
This discussion has been closed.