The Character Rework We all Need - General Veers

Prev1345
So with the focus on the dark side for February can we please get some love thrown General Veers way?

Why Veers?

Because unlike Grand Moff Tarkin whose arrogance allows the Death Star to be destroyed, Admiral Ozell who is as clumsy as he is stupid, Captain Needa who lost the Millennium Falcon in the Asteroid Field, or Admiral Piett who sloppily lets an AWing crash through the bridge of his Super Star Destroyer, General Veers takes down the Rebels at Hoth like a BOSS!

How is General Veers portrayed in GOH for his success....his basic hits like a limp noodle, and somehow his AOE is even softer. His leadership is ok...until you get Vader who has the exact same offense buff but then gets a chance to remove TM...not to mention his Zeta.

The time has come to improve General Veers and make him a key component to all the new Empire squads floating around in arena. Damage buff, Zeta on his unique, a 3rd skill representing his EPIC take down of the Hoth Shield Generator...YES PLEASE!

The time has come...General Veers. The rework we all need!

general-veers.jpg

Replies

• You have put pen to paper for my deepest desires. General Veers needs his day in the sun. #MakeVeersGreatAgain
  • I don't even know who that is. And I'm not curious enough to look it up.
  • So with the focus on the dark side for February can we please get some love thrown General Veers way?

Why Veers?

Because unlike Grand Moff Tarkin whose arrogance allows the Death Star to be destroyed, Admiral Ozell who is as clumsy as he is ****, Captain Needa who lost the Millennium Falcon in the Asteroid Field, or Admiral Piett who sloppily lets an AWing crash through the bridge of his Super Star Destroyer, General Veers takes down the Rebels at Hoth like a BOSS!

How is General Veers portrayed in GOH for his success....his basic hits like a limp noodle, and somehow his AOE is even softer. His leadership is ok...until you get Vader who has the exact same offense buff but then gets a chance to remove TM...not to mention his Zeta.

The time has come to improve General Veers and make him a key component to all the new Empire squads floating around in arena. Damage buff, Zeta on his unique, a 3rd skill representing his EPIC take down of the Hoth Shield Generator...YES PLEASE!

The time has come...General Veers. The rework we all need!

general-veers.jpg

Hell yes!!! +100000000000000000
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I don't even know who that is. And I'm not curious enough to look it up.

Have you not seen ESB?
  • I agree he needs an update. But Tarkin is a bigger more important character in the SW universe and deserves a rework first.
  • DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The man was confident enough in his victory to tell Vader he could begin his landing before he even had the shield down.

That takes a set of brass ones.

The guy deserves some love.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Klocko wrote: »

Have you not seen ESB?

Sure have. But all those Empire tools look the same to me. They are just random fools blindly following the greatest evil. Why would I care about their names.
  • ApocLFC wrote: »
    I agree he needs an update. But Tarkin is a bigger more important character in the SW universe and deserves a rework first.

While I agree, I don't think Tarkin needs a total rework. His AOE needs to be fixed so it isn't a waste of a turn to use, and possibly add a Zeta on him to give a third choice for Empire leader, aside from that he's still pretty good. Especially when paired with Boba and TFP.
  • +1

You have chosen wisely!
  • Still think there is a more important General that needs a rework. General Grievous

You're joking right? He's iconic episode V. Not like a lot of these turbo powered non-Cannon toons.
    Here's looking at you sun fac.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    edited January 2017

You're joking right? He's iconic episode V. Not like a lot of these turbo powered non-Cannon toons.
    Here's looking at you sun fac.

Sun fac is cannon though, he appeared in Attack of the clones
  • The man was confident enough in his victory to tell Vader he could begin his landing before he even had the shield down.

That takes a set of brass ones.

The guy deserves some love.

To be fair Vader isn't really that strong in this game, at least not on defense
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Didn't Veers lose his legs?

Turn your SW Fan card in now and Exit left.

:(

I'm sorry I'm not worshiping evil like you do. To be fair, though, I also had no clue who Biggs or Wedge were until I looked it up.

• MBL_66 wrote: »
    Didn't Veers lose his legs?

Ummm no. In Legends canon he is sent on a suicide mission by Executor Sedriss after Thrawn was defeated.

In the new canon there is nothing beyond his role in ESB.

I'm sorry I'm not worshiping evil like you do. To be fair, though, I also had no clue who Biggs or Wedge were until I looked it up.

You didn't know who Wedge was... :o
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    I'm all for a Veers rework. Let's go dark sideee

You already dislike me... you're in for a treat:

I don't like the old movies too much. Too few force wielders. Who cares about random dude xyz when we have people with lightsabers and telekinesis running around?

I sure don't.

>.> ... empire and even CIS (seperatists) are more interesting than the power ranger jedi 90% of the time.

lol at worshipping evil cmon its about good characters and fun jeez
  • Klocko wrote: »

Have you not seen ESB?

Sure have. But all those Empire tools look the same to me. They are just random fools blindly following the greatest evil. Why would I care about their names.

Ok then... who is the new imperial officer in the white cape introduced in rogue one? Also, was the commanding officer of the first Death Star who died in its explosion in ep IV? Lastly, who is the creepy blue faced empire guy in Star Wars rebels? If you answered any of those correctly, bravo! You've contradicted yourself! And If you didn't know any of them, you must have some sort of hearing problem and/or vision impairment, because there is no way you didn't hear or read any of their names at least once. Either that, or your Star Wars knowledge is severely lacking.
    @Unimatrix010

I don't like the old movies too much. Too few force wielders. Who cares about random dude xyz when we have people with lightsabers and telekinesis running around?

I sure don't.

avbkm.jpg

I sure don't.

Also, are you saying boba get is lame because he doesn't have the force??? That is, if I'm going by your logic
  • designingsean
    218 posts Member
    edited January 2017

I can give you not knowing Veers. I'll even give you Biggs, because he was a blink-and-you-miss-him character for a long time.

But Wedge is a significant player in both IV and VI. He is - I think - the only rebel pilot to make it out of the first Death Star attack that isn't a main character. And he is also the pilot of the XWing that goes in with the Falcon to take out the generators in the second Death Star.

Back to the original topic, I am all for a buff to any toon whose sole purpose right now is to make the character lineup look deeper than it actually is. #AllToonsMatter
  • Ted
    71 posts Member
    Hang on a minute??? Has some **** claimed that General Veers is unimportant? You should be ashamed.
  • Ted
    71 posts Member
    Oh. Can't post C r e t i n.
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Klocko wrote: »

Have you not seen ESB?

Ok then... who is the new imperial officer in the white cape introduced in rogue one? Also, was the commanding officer of the first Death Star who died in its explosion in ep IV? Lastly, who is the creepy blue faced empire guy in Star Wars rebels? If you answered any of those correctly, bravo! You've contradicted yourself! And If you didn't know any of them, you must have some sort of hearing problem and/or vision impairment, because there is no way you didn't hear or read any of their names at least once. Either that, or your Star Wars knowledge is severely lacking.
    @Unimatrix010

Haven't seen rogue 1 yet :(

Edit: Oh, the blue guy is Thrawn. I'm always having trouble understanding him, he mumbles a lot. He certainly seems like a formidable opponent for a change. Not your usual random Empire dumdum.

I sure don't.

avbkm.jpg

lmao.
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

I sure don't.

Also, are you saying boba get is lame because he doesn't have the force??? That is, if I'm going by your logic

Yeah, I really don't like Boba. Or Jango for that matter. Both are talented and BA, I give 'em that.

I did like how Mace pwned Jango, though. Although I found it rather harsh, could have disabled him.
  • I like the idea where Veers gives a boost to every Empire unit that has Trooper in its name.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    General Veers is one of the few competent Empire leaders from the movies. The Empire loses so many battles (Yavin and Endor particularly). But not Hoth. Why? Veers. All Tarkin did is lose.