Tough choice

I have a general question for the vets....today is my 18th day playing, I'm level 57 and bounce around the 50-100 rank in my shard. I've read lots of guides and advice and feel I am doing pretty well. My problem is gear. I have only finished 3 galactic wars because my roster is not developed enough. By default I just got Vader, Wundu, and Ackbar. I have 3 of my 5 arena toons at G7, but they can not GW themselves. If I even built up my 3 latest additions moderately, I feel I could have a much better shot at completing GW and grabbing the much needed last drop. However, as I am now farming mods(here and there), purple gear, and shards for my arena squad, I don't have the resources to give anything to Vader, Ackbar, or Mace. Today my 2 energy refreshes were spent on Lando purples. Burned them all and got 4 of the 20 pieces I need. That same energy could have probably gotten 1 of my new three to gear 5 and the other two to gear 4. Same goes to ability mats. My areana team is looking to level 5 all their abilities so they hog all I get. I guess I could start falling in the arena to develope my bench for GW a bit, but mods n purples are real energy hogs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• If it were me - I would focus on getting your teams through GW - although most often, you'll need a couple of teams to get you all the way through it. Once you can get through it, you can break those teams down into a good arena team and go from there.

Arena gets you crystals and currency to purchase it's shipments. GW gets you crystals, gear, currency (cash), droids, shards and green crystal currency to get it's shipments.

GW is more important IMO. Getting as far as you can in it every day will help you get the other stuff you need to gear up your toons.
  • Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along those lines too as this game has so many team requirements to fully participate that soley focusing on your best five gets you arena and little else. The first 18 days have been easy. I am really dreading my upcoming gear grind. Nodes 6, 10-12 have been killing me lately with the last team being 10+ levels higher than me and fully modded to my patchy mods for the last 4 days straight. I got Leia on my chromium 1st day bonus, so perhaps it would be wise to go for Ackbar since I have Lando and StH too. I just feel bad stopping short of purpling my arena team. I'll be out of the top hundred in a few days I feel.
  • That's alright - you can always climb the arena ladder but just try to hang on to your spot as best as you can. GW has consistent cash & rewards above what arena can offer IMO. I would go for Ackbar since you already have good rebel toons, they play off each other very well. Before you know it, you'll be in a better spot.