Special Operations Event Discussion

The Special Operations Marquee Event series is starting soon! Please leave any feedback about these events here.
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• Looking forward to it!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Anyone know what chars is needed to play this event?
  • It's any characters.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Anyone know what chars is needed to play this event?

The third tier of the event will require you to use dark side only characters.
    Empire Relic
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I was disappointed.I am an near end-game players (scoring 5 million damage in heroic tank raid).

First of all, rewards are not really valuable (although everything which is free is welcomed): because of gear gate and also the tank raid requirements, any resources on toons that can not be leveled to 7* is a wasted allocation. A good example of reward are Yoda and EP event granting you 7* characters if you have a given set of faction.

Then, you probably you have noticed on Reddit, there is a serious lack of gear, so any purple low level gear would have been welcomed.

Concerning the event itself, I expected a somewhat challenge, but it was nowhere near it: I autoed all the battles and could not see why Krennic would have been useful.

An idea to improve this: make an event similar to to GW, but designed with specific teams and nodes: players would need to think how they beat nodes and all. Obviously, any player could restart from the beginning and rewards are dispatch at the end of the event based on last node reached.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So it looks like Death trooper will be unlocked and playable after event 2.
    If that is the case I would suggest with a double character event with synergies that you have the one that unlocks at lower level go first that way player can use in the squad for the second character and see some other their synergies in actions.

Level 1 abilities are about useless unless level 1 has a 100% chance of applying an effect.

Haven't seen Krennic land tenacity down or stagger yet.
  • So personally I really enjoy the try before you buy method a lot, however I do think that the rewards could be a little higher to encourage me to spend money. Say if by the end of the tournament Death trooper and Director Krennic were 5* this is close enough in my mind to being useful for raids, GW and other aspects of the game and worth my money to invest and finish out the character. Another idea I would suggest is possibly rather than a pack that was for shards (release the character at 7 stars) but a pack of the most common gear required by the characters. Like both Krennic and Death trooper require 100+ MKVI syringes and 200+ MK 8 Electrobinoculars maybe make the pack with say 10-50 of these specific high quantity gears that are required by the characters because if I see that I now have this viable character but no gear I am more likely to spend my money on the gear to make them viable whereas I am a lot less likely to spend money when I see I need to not only pay to get them usable but also to get the gear required to make them usable, on-top of that the gear can be used by plenty of other characters making it more valuable to a wider base of players. Also I would love to see the addition of repeating the game modes, I only got Krennic to go twice in all four game modes as I was more interested in making sure I completed it the first go round than to really test out the character, if there is a way to allow us to repeat the challenge, for no additional rewards or cost, I think this would be a great help as now I can tailor a team to really test out Krennic and later Death trooper knowing both the difficulty and characters I will be facing.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    So personally I really enjoy the try before you buy method a lot, however I do think that the rewards could be a little higher to encourage me to spend money. Say if by the end of the tournament Death trooper and Director Krennic were 5* this is close enough in my mind to being useful for raids, GW and other aspects of the game and worth my money to invest and finish out the character. Another idea I would suggest is possibly rather than a pack that was for shards (release the character at 7 stars) but a pack of the most common gear required by the characters. Like both Krennic and Death trooper require 100+ MKVI syringes and 200+ MK 8 Electrobinoculars maybe make the pack with say 10-50 of these specific high quantity gears that are required by the characters because if I see that I now have this viable character but no gear I am more likely to spend my money on the gear to make them viable whereas I am a lot less likely to spend money when I see I need to not only pay to get them usable but also to get the gear required to make them usable, on-top of that the gear can be used by plenty of other characters making it more valuable to a wider base of players. Also I would love to see the addition of repeating the game modes, I only got Krennic to go twice in all four game modes as I was more interested in making sure I completed it the first go round than to really test out the character, if there is a way to allow us to repeat the challenge, for no additional rewards or cost, I think this would be a great help as now I can tailor a team to really test out Krennic and later Death trooper knowing both the difficulty and characters I will be facing.

Please never ever suggest that those be added to any pack anywhere!
    unless you are talking about the component and not the salvage
  • The event was ok a bit disappointed that I am only half way to unlock, but then again since gear is my biggest need an extra character would not matter.

I like the idea of buying gear packs for characters as I am unlikely to buy a character as Im stuck in the gear bottleneck.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The event was ok a bit disappointed that I am only half way to unlock, but then again since gear is my biggest need an extra character would not matter.

I like the idea of buying gear packs for characters as I am unlikely to buy a character as Im stuck in the gear bottleneck.

3 more events to get krennic
  • I enjoyed both Krennic and Death Trooper events. The 'try before you buy' thing is a great idea, but in practice we didn't really get to see what they can do. Though I'm not sure how that can really be improved.

At least we now have some more Dark Side toons from Rogue One. Plus, they snuck in a new ship while we were busy playing. :)
  • @ CG_CapGaSP
    Really good stuff, but till tier 3 of the first 2 events was a ridiculously easy for me, I run a really weak squad. But tier 4 suddenly got super tough.
    Hope your team can balance this out for any other future character marquee events.
    P.S. Could you please add a event which gives tough gear or any new droid's shards to level 68-75 kind of players?
    Gear which are required to get to g8, BX-Droid Commando shards for eg.
    Thanks
    CF_Jedi1234
    I have made a BX-Droid Commando idea
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • This event is pure TRASH.

When an event says 80+ It should mean that 80+ can complete it, not geared/modded 85's...this game has become P2W trash and is no longer the fun casual mobile game I can play while taking a dump on the clock.
  • Seems impossible to me despite far exceeding the requirements, not impressed again. This game takes up far too much time.
  • Are you all serious with Tier IV ****!?! I autoed through 1 thru 3 and then Tier IV which says 80+ is impossible with my strongest squad. Why are you all trying to destroy this game. Star Wars fans are loyal but you all are making the game annoying to play. I am very close to deleting this.
  • Came here to b**** about tier IV too... 7-star GIX Palpatine/Vader/RG and 7-star GIX IG88/86, all with 4-5 star mods, get half my team wiped out in the first attack on stage 2 with all the gd synergies. Tier IV should be moved to Tier V, a bonus for extra shards, and replaced with a completely rebalanced tier IV that actually fits the recommendation.
  • @ CG_CapGaSP
    Really good stuff, but till tier 3 of the first 2 events was a ridiculously easy for me, I run a really weak squad. But tier 4 suddenly got super tough.
    Hope your team can balance this out for any other future character marquee events.
    P.S. Could you please add a event which gives tough gear or any new droid's shards to level 68-75 kind of players?
    Gear which are required to get to g8, BX-Droid Commando shards for eg.
    Thanks
    CF_Jedi1234
    I have made a BX-Droid Commando idea

Could you share the line up that you used to finish Tier IV? Thanx
  • Tier 4 is ridiculous for the krennic event. I managed to kill 2 people in the final part and that's as close as i've gotten.
  • I'm curious as to why the Forced Ally tech was only active for the first event and not all 4? That was the most disappointing aspect of the event for me. I was expecting it to apply to all 4 sub-events.
  • Wulf
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    What is wrong with this company? This latest marquee event is their most blatant attempt to bait people into buying their overpriced packs. Tiers I-III are laughable and are designed to make you feel like you're close to accomplishing something and unlocking a new character, then tier IV does the most ridiculous hard switch to impossible. After about 20 attempts I was able to kill 2 of them only once and the moment I did the AI went bats#@t and starting doing nothing but 30k+ hits with double bonus attacks for each one lol. I was obliterated. 80+ my a##.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • I really like the concept for these events, but every Tier 4 (except the first event) was near impossible. It said 80+, which I am and I ran Palpatine lead, Vader, RG, and combinations of Magmatrooper, Shoretrooper, and Sidious, but once I kill the Death Troopers and the Shoretrooper on event 4, Krennic gets a huge speed boost for some reason and starts dealing insane damage. And where was the forced ally? We could have at least had someone like Jyn as an ally.
  • @Dash_Master712
    7star G8 Luke Lvl 75
    6star G8 Fives Lvl 78
    6star G7 Ackbar Lvl 69
    4star G8 Darth Vader Lvl 68
    4star G8 Jedi Consular Lvl 64
    1...2...3! You're dead!