why is there a speed stat if POE with 143 can be faster than Dooku with 161

Alecationz
23 posts Member
edited January 2016
Poe is not a problem if the stats were not so random... that is my only thought

Replies

• I absolutely think this is a great point....why they can't put a weighting at least on heroes in the same "turn" I don't get. Dooku and Poe shouldn't be 50/50 to go first. Dooku should have a higher weighting within that turn meter band. Maybe dooku doesn't go first 100% of the time, if they want to keep some RNG in there, but they could definitely add depth to the calculation that takes in to account the actual speed. This could be another option to address Poe.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Dooku is faster. He acts before Poe in turn 2.

Problem is damage is so high that battles are sometimos (often?) decided in turn 1, so it's a moot point
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

Read this if you don't understand how speed works.

Not saying I agree with the actual mechanic.
  • Triqui wrote: »

Problem is damage is so high that battles are sometimos (often?) decided in turn 1, so it's a moot point

well speed does play a role on first round too that is why ventress will never go before dooku lol
  • See, over the long term because extra speed banks dooku will go more than Poe. Unfortunately SWGOH is a game based around a single round of combat so it doesn't matter.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Alecationz wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

well speed does play a role on first round too that is why ventress will never go before dooku lol

It does, but 143 to 166 is the same breakpoint
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Because the entire way speed is used in this game is kind of a mess at the moment. It's confusing, unintuitive, and simply too important.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Alecationz wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

well speed does play a role on first round too that is why ventress will never go

Fixed that for you lol