Shoretrooper: 9B

Replies

• At 9B I feel same as Loki
    the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    I suppose Shoretrooper price will be adapted to 50 crystals per shard instead of 80 as he is FTP.

You could buy it from shipment.

We all know they won't do that
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    pargame wrote: »
    At 9B I feel same as Loki
    the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

My feelings exactly.
  • Tharivol wrote: »
    Obliterated every single Hard node and Cantina battle in the game without even trying.
    Can't even get close to finishing this one, let alone 3*'ing it.

7* G11 Lando - G11 ST Han - G10 Wedge and Biggs - G10 Anakin nice mods on all of them.
    - Tried Borrowing Ackbar with my Lando lead for maximum Speed to attack first = didn't work they are still faster (Guess Wiggs needs at least +60ish speed from mods to attack first even with that setup)
    - Tried Borrowing Teebo to crowd control at least 1 enemy while killing others = got closest to finishing it but still didn't work. (And again cant imagine 3*'ing it like this)
    - Tried Borrowing a GK but that was low geared, didn't work at all.
    - Should try borrowing a geared Old Ben but got no allies with that so far.

Maybe I was extremely unlucky with RNG on every try (12-14 tries so far), since I haven't seen any single target hits from the enemy so far, everything was AoE. (Do they even single target at all, or is it a Myth?)

From what I understand you either need to go;
    - Ima (L) - Aayla - Anakin - Ahsoka - Fisto etc Counter team with borrowing a good GK or Old Ben..
    - Be extremely lucky with enemies hitting single target rather than all AoE's with your Rebel Squad
    - Or rein supreme with Zeta upgrades, Chaze teams etc..

They probably wanted to protect the whales that spent a lot to get Shoretrooper, by placing it to the unreasonably hardest node in the game - which I can understand - but for Average 1 Card / Day without refreshes, it's a little overkill tbh. (If it was a Cantina node, where It can be farmed infinitely easier, I would understand and respect the decision much more, even if it was harder than this)

Overall you get 1 card with 80 Crystal from Shipments.
    And (let's say 33% drop chance for the sake of it, rather than 30%) you get;
    1 without refreshing it.
    2 with 50 Crystal refresh. (1 Card / 50 Crystals)
    3 with 2x 50 Crystal refresh (1 Card / 50 Crystals)
    4 with 2x 50 + 100 Crystal refreshes (1 Card / 66.7 Crystals)
    5 with 2x 50 + 2x 100 Refreshes (1 Card / 75 Crystals)

Which are all better returns than the Shipment purchase, but if the team that can beat this Node is away from your reach, and you are not planning to gear those characters, and have more important stuff to do first, it's not that significant to work on this Node.

Than again, as you said, people that can "easily obliterate" this node probably doesn't have much need for the Shoretrooper cards to start with, even though it's an assumption, it's a fairly strong one.

Your calculation doesn't take into account the crystal cost of energy. It's a very expensive node to sim.

• I've thrown down a half dozen or so attempts myself. The team I get the closest with is Wedge g10 (L), Biggs g10, Lando g11, QGJ g11, JKA g10. I can still only kill about half of round 3 before getting destroyed.

But that's so far from a 3* I'd have to subject myself to that over and over again in order to farm. That's not exactly the most fun sounding thing in the world.

So really, what I'm hearing is that EVERYONE has to be g11 AND you need to get ****.ly lucky as well?

I did it w 2 G11, 2 G10 and one lvl 80 G7 (SRP). He could of been JKG in my run, he did nothing other than absorb one final shot on P3, they only got two total shots off in P3.

I might agree w you on the luck, get the right team and take few runs. I got it on my 3rd try.
  • UltimaRatio84
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Tharivol wrote: »

Than again, as you said, people that can "easily obliterate" this node probably doesn't have much need for the Shoretrooper cards to start with, even though it's an assumption, it's a fairly strong one.

Nobody really obliterates this node (yet), and the assumption that nobody who can beat/3* this node would have a use for ShT shards is just silly. I used Rebels to 3* it, yet I am very much interested in getting my hands on any ShT shard I can possibly get for my Empire arena team. Sidenote: on my november '15 shard there are way more Empire squads in the Top20 than Wiggs comps, so again: just because you have one high gear (Light Side) squad (used to beat the node), does not mean you have no use for a top-notch Dark Side tank by any means.

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I beat this time running a G10 Wiggs, G11 Lando and StH, G9 Aayla, and a borrowed AA. AA was really the key, as the team received plenty of health through Wedge lead and speed through AA. Also, the last node allowed AA to give a needed heal with his cleanse.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    I beat this time running a G10 Wiggs, G11 Lando and StH, G9 Aayla, and a borrowed AA. AA was really the key, as the team received plenty of health through Wedge lead and speed through AA. Also, the last node allowed AA to give a needed heal with his cleanse.

AA can really shine on those final hard nodes, Han Solo also helps a lot with his initial stuns each turn.
  • I made it 3* with this team:
    AA lead, g9, 7*
    Baze, g10, 7*
    Chirrut, g9, 4*
    Cassian, g9, 4*
    K-2so, g10, 7*
    Assist toon:
    Wedge, g11, 7*

Encounter 1 i had 3 mobs, Encounter 2 i had 4 mobs, but one was ig and last Encounter had 4 mobs. I took boba down first (no ability blocks, thanks) , then aoe mobs and finally guy with nice hat :D

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6D5hGoo0So

Here's a video where the guy uses rebels plus teebo. This might help a few people
  • Tharivol wrote: »

Nobody really obliterates this node (yet), and the assumption that nobody who can beat/3* this node would have a use for ShT shards is just silly. I used Rebels to 3* it, yet I am very much interested in getting my hands on any ShT shard I can possibly get for my Empire arena team. Sidenote: on my november '15 shard there are way more Empire squads in the Top20 than Wiggs comps, so again: just because you have one high gear (Light Side) squad (used to beat the node), does not mean you have no use for a top-notch Dark Side tank by any means.

Meh, agree to disagree.

Used the same. And we'll, I can't even get past 9a hard!
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    I have successfully gotten my a** handed to me about thirty times in the last day using this exact strategy. I've got all g10/g11 Wedge and Lando (borrow one, lead other), Biggs, both Hans, and then either QGJ or JKA. Closest I got was getting down to two guys at the end with almost no health, and then the game kindly had them dodge three straight attacks before AOE-ing the heck out of me. Haven't gotten close otherwise, usually lose a toon on stage 2.

Ditto

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    PixieClock wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »

Sorry to hear. Do you have good mods for your team? Mine had a set of 5* crit damage and then a couple random mods to ensure I had the speed arrow and crit dmg triangle. Be sure to save StH taunt for the final stage. I also saved most other specials for the final stage...unless they had a really short cool down. And as always, RNG needs to be in your favor.
  • You need to have a beast rebel team like Gear 11 and all gear slots filled that's empty.
    I've used so many deferent types of teams on 9B it's not even funny so yes you need a team that's so strong you don't even need Shore trooper. But isn't that the way it goes in the game. Like the node with Boba as the boss those that beat that stage before his rework had it easy compares to now.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    My light side is clearly the weak one but today i made it with:

Lando (gear XI) lead
    Biggs (X)
    Ewok Elder (X)
    K2SO (IX)
    Scariff Pathfinder (6*, Gear XIII..)
    +Ally Wedge

After round 3 my Team was still alive (ok elder and scariff do some "cheat dead" Tricks).

Wiggs and Lando damage is fine, K2 counter often with offense down and Scariff is Hard to kill and has aoe offense down, Timing for CDs is very important too.
    Post edited by MD_Geist on
  • I beat it a long time ago got a lucky rng with borrowed old ben before zeta. Still haven't added a single shore shard from my 3 daily sims!
  • Made it through using: Cody (L), Rex, Sarge, Fives, Ayla - borrowed a lando

Possible alternative to anyone else that gave the middle finger to wedge and biggs and never bothered working on them lol.
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6D5hGoo0So

Here's a video where the guy uses rebels plus teebo. This might help a few people

You got EXCEPTIONALLY lucky you didn't get three AoE in a row on that first round, so that you actually had protection left in the third. Three AoEs in the first round, and this video is worthless.

As for the intent of putting him on 9B - A straight up troll by the devs:

"Oh you want him farmable? OK, here you go!"
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    If you don't have GK borrow one

https://youtu.be/ryzPeycr2bE

Of course most won't have this team. But thought I would share. I think this is the worst enemy sets I have seen for the first 2 encounters
    https://youtu.be/WvG1sfFJ2Kg
  • It took almost 300k in moving around mods from my arena team (all dark side) to Rebels/Old Ben. Plus I spent 100 crystals on refreshes trying over and OVER.

Here was my team:

Ackbar (L) G10 speed 189
    Lando G11 speed 192
    STHan G11 speed 175
    Biggs G8 speed 140ish
    Old Ben G9 speed 120 (only 4* lvl 72)

Borrowed:

Wedge G10 speed 159 (without his unique).

Basically you need to have killer speed mods.

I used similar comps with 4-5 dot mods but relatively little speed and got absolutely wasted again and again.

Beating it takes everything going perfectly on your end. An unlucky AOE at the beginning or a missed double down from Lando and it is game over.

I am glad I never have to do this again!
  • I was able to do it with this team first shot

Wedge ( Lead ) Gear 10 mods Crit dam and Crit chance
    Biggs Gear 10 mods Crit dam and Crit chance
    Aayla Gear 10 mods Crit dam and Crit chance
    Ewok Elder Gear 10 Health mods
    Stormtrooper Han Gear 11 Health Mods

Borrowed Maxed Old Ben Kenobi

Save Bens Special to the 3rd round

• Speedy Rebel team + the right TM at the start of P3 and a little RNG and you can knock them out before they attack. STH needs to get his taunt off, Biggs at least two triples and Lando land 3 AOE.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Yes. And also to make you spend crystals on the node because 20 energy per battle just makes me

tumblr_mylk8vMAdc1sfzi3bo1_400.gif

This GiF is outstandingly accurate!
  • I 3* it with the jawas and borrowed a poggle for offense up :o
    PixieClock wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »

Sorry to hear. Do you have good mods for your team? Mine had a set of 5* crit damage and then a couple random mods to ensure I had the speed arrow and crit dmg triangle. Be sure to save StH taunt for the final stage. I also saved most other specials for the final stage...unless they had a really short cool down. And as always, RNG needs to be in your favor.

Moved all of my mods around, and managed to 3* 9a, 9c and 9d. Still trying to get more than 1* on 9b though. This node seems massively unbalanced compared to ones that come after it. Also, every enemy aoe's on every turn.
  • Can someone tell me how powerful are toons like GK or Baze? I mean how many starts should I make 9B before requesting ally like GK? Do you think that if I make it 1* with other not so powerful ally it will be enough and if I get some of those powerful toons as ally will 3* it?
  • I got 3 stars without using any borrowed zeta skilled units. I used rebels: biggs, sth, leia, lando with wedge lead, and borrowed an ackbar. You just need some good luck. I didn't even swap any mods around.