New sith Feb 1st event?

Hey guys,

So I've seen a lot of posts of people saying that they think Feb 1st will bring the sith and that it'll be an event like Yoda/ palp.

My question is, has it actually been confirmed yet that an event is upcoming or is this just forum conjecture atm?

Thanks for responses

Replies

• Speculation at the moment. It's most logical though.

Also I think Feb 1st is a reveal of the character and maybe a notice in when an event to unlock the character will run, rather then the event itself
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Speculation at the moment. It's most logical though.

Also I think Feb 1st is a reveal of the character and maybe a notice in when an event to unlock the character will run, rather then the event itself

Thanks sub I appreciate the response :)
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    I don't see how it's logical - at least from a revenue point of view. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if they did it as an event which required a set of certain toons at certain levels, but most of the big spenders have these toons maxed, so there wouldn't be as big a rush to buy the shard packs like there was with the initial release of the EP event.

Unless they introduce another factor which is required or would help massively, it seems unlikely, to me at least.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Kitch wrote: »
    I don't see how it's logical - at least from a revenue point of view. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if they did it as an event which required a set of certain toons at certain levels, but most of the big spenders have these toons maxed, so there wouldn't be as big a rush to buy the shard packs like there was with the initial release of the EP event.

Unless they introduce another factor which is required or would help massively, it seems unlikely, to me at least.

I disagree on the revenue comment. The EP event came about when Rebels were already fairly easy to obtain, and most people had them unlocked and that still created a mad rush to level (and gear) said rebels. This means revenue. Not eveyone has 5 sith geared and leveled. If they were to have an event that required 5 geared, leveled and modded sith to geat a "free" character the revenue would shoot through the roof for a short period, just like the Palpatine event. Add that that when the character gets unlocked, people have to gear and level that character. Most spenders will spend at that point by buying gear in the shop. And finally, events like this make the player base happy, which by itself has probably the biggest impact of long term revenue.

I will also add that Paplatine's "extremely rare" event will no longer be "extremely rare". This makes room for another "extremely rare" event and a cool sith is certainly worthy of an event like that. Signs point towards this type of event as a possiblity.

ETA: I also think that on Feb 1 we will find out who the new character is and they will give us a 2 week warning for the event. Again, pure speculation because it makes sense.
    Post edited by RAYRAY on
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • If it's an upcoming event, Feb 1st will be the warning about who you can use. They warned us about Jedi for Yoda and Rebels for EP, they'll warn us about whoever for this IF it's an event.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I can see this happening. I wonder what toons we'll need to use? Jedi for Yoda. Rebels for Emp. Perhaps Empire? I hope so. Resistance, First Order, etc... doesn't really fit for DS. But I could be wrong.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Nikka488 wrote: »
    I can see this happening. I wonder what toons we'll need to use? Jedi for Yoda. Rebels for Emp. Perhaps Empire? I hope so. Resistance, First Order, etc... doesn't really fit for DS. But I could be wrong.

Sith, clearly
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I can see this happening. I wonder what toons we'll need to use? Jedi for Yoda. Rebels for Emp. Perhaps Empire? I hope so. Resistance, First Order, etc... doesn't really fit for DS. But I could be wrong.

Sith would make sense, but there's only 6 of those in the game
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Mullato wrote: »

All FTP and easily accessable except Palpatine. Which is about to be easy to get.

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    If it's a Sith Lord (Nihilus, Revan) then it'll probably be Sith rather than Empire (guess Sid the Kid's gonna be getting some play time if that's the case). We've had one event that was pro-faction (Jedi against a Jedi, Yoda) and one that's anti-faction (Rebels against Empire, EP). They could decide to be...interesting...and make it NS so it really is anyone's guess.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    APX_919 wrote: »
    If it's a Sith Lord (Nihilus, Revan) then it'll probably be Sith rather than Empire (guess Sid the Kid's gonna be getting some play time if that's the case). We've had one event that was pro-faction (Jedi against a Jedi, Yoda) and one that's anti-faction (Rebels against Empire, EP). They could decide to be...interesting...and make it NS so it really is anyone's guess.

They could use Nightsisters/Sith. If it's just NS, that would be horrible and stupid and everyone should be fired.
  • DanTastix_1
    284 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Exactly! Im screwed!
  • Mullato wrote: »

Exactly! Im screwed!

Ok that failed. Picture URL attach thing clearly doesnt work
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Who are Cannon sith that aren't in the game? Bane, Plageus and who else?
  • KueChael wrote: »

DW about Canon, HK47 is in
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »

Bane and Plagueis are it. But it doesn't matter. EA can use any SWTOR universe characters in this game, as stated by Disney/Lucasfilms
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

All FTP and easily accessable except Palpatine. Which is about to be easy to get.

Yeah that's true, but so far the 2 faction-only super toon events have been for the 2 factions with the most toons.

Still prolly gonna be sith tho. I'm just salty because I don't have maul and I don't feel like finishing dooku lol.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

Yeah that's true, but so far the 2 faction-only super toon events have been for the 2 factions with the most toons.

Still prolly gonna be sith tho. I'm just salty because I don't have maul and I don't feel like finishing dooku lol.

Again, they could do Sith + Nightsisters. It would make some sense too. The nightsisters are all about dark magic,undead stuff. Maybe the sith and nightsisters work together to bring forth an old sith master upon the SWGOH universe??!!!!
  • It could also just be dark side force users, maybe thats why Kylo is ginna get reworked and daily login..
    But sith would be a good choice too.

Can't wait to find out that he is gonna be ptp lol
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The GM Yoda event required toons from the same 'caste' as the reward but Emperor's Demise required Rebels. There is no reason to think that the group that you -need- will be related to the enemy you're facing. Or even that the enemy is the reward.

I would wager that First Order, Nightsisters, or Sith are good bets for being required because right now they're under-used across the game modes. There is obviously an emphasis on FO in February with the rework to Kylo Ren and him being the daily character of the month. There are others that are under-used including Geonosians, Tuscan, etc. But they seem less likely. S ith and FO have more long-term value in the game from a marketing perspective as they lead into the next episode of the SW saga.

TL:DR conjecture is cool but don't go investing all your resources in something until they announce it or its datamined.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I seriously doubt it will be a free toon
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    It could also just be dark side force users, maybe thats why Kylo is ginna get reworked and daily login..
    But sith would be a good choice too.

Can't wait to find out that he is gonna be ptp lol

Sith + Kylo and Asajj. That would make the event a lot more accessible for most players. I know many don't have 5 Sith. I just 6*d Maul today and have the rest besides Savage 7*d but many folks won't have one sith 7*d. That being said I'm one of those who hopes it is Bane or Plaguies otherwise I dont care.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »

That seems like the easy answer. That said, if they are going to tease a character like that, I doubt they are just going to make it P2P. Teases like that are for events (for the free 7 star character like yoda or palp) or for raids in the past.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

That seems like the easy answer. That said, if they are going to tease a character like that, I doubt they are just going to make it P2P. Teases like that are for events (for the free 7 star character like yoda or palp) or for raids in the past.

The only tease I remember was for GG lol
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    ]

You are probably right, but they do seem to be listening to what we want here lately. And with the great feedback on palp-like events combined with the palp event being bi-monthly now I could see it.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

You're right, They did the "Fan Fave" for Kenobi too though. Both FTP.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »

They teased Palpatine the first time around, but it was more than this.
  • if it's sith that are required to unlock this new character than i better get to work on them