Standouts

Here's a list of characters that currently stand out head and shoulders above the pack. This is from using or fighting them. They either need to tweak these characters stats DOWN a little, or IMPROVE all the other characters so they're at least closer to on par.

Poe: Of course he heads the list. His speed is insane, this is good for a taunt/tank. The part that makes Poe stand out so much is that combined with his turn meter and expose. If he lost the turn meter manipulation, or only had a 10% chance each time he was damaged to remove 10% turn meter from a random enemy... it'd balance. We all know he currently is a instant-win if he's the only difference between 2 almost identical teams. Trying to debuff this guy is like trying to squeeze water out of a stone.

Geo Soldier: Crazy speed, high damage, and an assist call? If his speed was lower he'd be more on par with most of the other damage/assist combos. It seems his assist only has about a 2 or 3 round delay as well. If they'd lower his speed, or damage a little, and increase the delay of his assist special to 5 rounds, he would be far more balanced with the rest.

QGJ: We are all happy to be able to farm him now. However we all know that his speed and assist skill mean an instant death for one enemy. Speed and debuff are great, but instead of giving BONUS damage, if his assist only did regular damage he would be on par with most others.

First Order Tie Pilot: Ok... for a generic character he's broken in SO many ways. His HP is off the charts, his damage is incredible. He has a high chance to get a double attack, and occasionally bugs out and gets a triple attack. Fix the triple attack bug, fix his hp down to be on par with other glass cannons, and set his 2nd attack to do 30% less damage than his first attack.

Rey: She's actually fairly balanced as she can be debuffed by so many things. Good speed, high damage, and her secondary attacks do less damage. I don't think so far I'd do anything to change her.. she stands out but seems appropriately squishy and easy to debuff.

Leia: Her invisibility is annoying, but needed to make sure she can't be burned down round 1. However there seems to be a bug... I thought invisibility was supposed to end whenever someone attacked. Her's does not. She also should do reduced damage in successive attacks in 1 turn.

Poggle: His group buff has a 100% chance to buff an entire team, and lasts for multiple turns. Sure he doesn't have a ton of damage other than that, but he DOES have an ability block on his standard attack, meaning he's got more than 1 trick in his bag. Compare to a similar, yet less effective buff given by Phasma. However Phasma's buff is removed if the character takes damage twice. If this was applied to poggle's buff, it would make it much more balanced. Shortening the duration to 1 turn would also balance it out instead. It would still mean a large burst of damage, however it would shorten it so it wasn't so OP.

People don't like nerfs however, so here's some suggestions to fix it.

Increase EVERYONE elses speed by 30% or more.
I ended up with a Luminara vs sid and geo soldier.. Both do incredible damage, sid self heals, and geo soldier calls for assist and does high damage. They also had enough speed to attack 2-3 times each before luminara turn meter filled. This shows a HUGE imbalance in speed of this game.

Increase HP by 40-50% across the board, or decrease damage by 30% or more.
In no world should 1 character kill another in 1 attack (If equal, or near equal * and gear levels). It should take an entire team an entire turn to focus down 1 character.

Drastically increase the effectiveness of defense, and defense up.
Offense up increases damage SIGNIFICANTLY. However we all know defense stat and defense up mean almost nothing. If defense up, was a straight % DAMAGE reduction that lasted 1 turn, or reduced each time damage was taken, defensive characters and teams might make more sense. For instance, if DEFENSE UP reduced damage taken by 50% on the next attack, and 25% the attack after that, it would make a LOT of characters more useful in teams, and possibly make healer/defense teams viable, as well as AOE teams to remove defense up across the board.

Add more skills to all characters.
The inbalance between characters like Poe who can do 3 things in 1 turn (taunt, turn meter manip, and expose) compared to others who get 1 thing only, shows a huge lack of foresight in character planning. If we are going to have characters that can do so much in 1 turn, others need to have more skills combined to form 1 skill, and new skills added. Let Phasma add to your teams turn meter WHILE lowering the enemies speed at the same time. Let luminara heal and increase your teams turn meter at the same time.

Leader skills
Currently leader skills need a serious look. Only about 10% of leader skills are worth anything. Some like Phasma might be OP, others like Sid need more limitations similar to how HK47 is limited. Make other's leader skills more powerful, yet more specific.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate on this, because people have spent all their time and effort gearing up their most OP characters they can find, and working towards the current meta. However the current Meta is boring and ****. It's all about speed and power, and using only the top toons. Buff the rest, or nerf the standouts. I really don't care. I'm just losing interest in the game until the meta changes and something is done to add some variety to our fights.

Post below any other characters you feel should be on the list, and why. Or why you think they are balanced. However in your defense of characters consider their balance with ALL characters (think jawa, ugnaught, mace, anakin).

Replies

• Options
    It is definetly getting worst every day, until it becomes a real strategy game and not some pre-release unbalanced issues like pretty much every hero you mentionned, it's just gonna get worst.

The game felt so much more balanced back when cap was 60, with the exception of maybe Dooku, as the roster was a little smaller, even then it was CLEARLY headed down this heavy dmg dealing 1 turn fights that get boring so **** fast.

I'd love for arena fights to last 5+ minutes and actually feel like I'm playing chess or something, but maybe that's just me
  • Options
    Can you just put ***NERF*** in the title of posts that are just asking for Nerfs?

God help me I read your wall of text. (I chuckled where you said "We all know he is an Instant-Win...")

So you want Poe, Poggle,Leia, Rey,FOTP,QJ, and GS nerfed.. seriously?

The rest of your suggestions may or may not be valid, it does not matter because if you get 20% of what you want this game might as well be called "Hello Kitty Nerf Sword Fight - now with EVERBODY WINZ"

Seriously?

I applaud your great grammar and setemagraphs. You do realize that one can dress it up however you want, but in the end it's still nothing but a cry for nerf covered in a sauce of whine.

Good try.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Can you just put ***NERF*** in the title of posts that are just asking for Nerfs?

God help me I read your wall of text. (I chuckled where you said "We all know he is an Instant-Win...")

The rest of your suggestions may or may not be valid, it does not matter because if you get 20% of what you want this game might as well be called "Hello Kitty Nerf Sword Fight - now with EVERBODY WINZ"

Seriously?

I applaud your great grammar and setemagraphs. You do realize that one can dress it up however you want, but in the end it's still nothing but a cry for nerf covered in a sauce of whine.

Good try.

I'd rather read posts like this then 95% of other nerf posts, atleast he did his homework
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Seriously?

Good try.

I'd rather read posts like this then 95% of other nerf posts, atleast he did his homework

Then just ADD it to one of the other nerf posts so we don't have to read them over and over and over.

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @BentWookie Nice job giving a reason for your defense on why those characters deserve to stand out. Generic characters like FOTP and GS should definately be among the most powerful characters in the game. I totally agree.

BTW, good job on reading my "wall of text".. including the part about Rey... except I didn't ask for her to be nerfed at all.

Now instead of defending your work because you decided to put all your work into the current Meta, why not give some actual reasons instead of crying about nerf posts. Do some homework yourself, try using non-meta characters and let me know how they do. How high in arena will you go if you use none of the characters I listed. Let me know and if you've got the backup, I'll be happy to listen.
  • Options
    I'd love to have @Qeltar give me his read on this. I've enjoyed his posts on the current meta and how to fix it.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    @BentWookie Nice job giving a reason for your defense on why those characters deserve to stand out. Generic characters like FOTP and GS should definately be among the most powerful characters in the game. I totally agree.

Now instead of defending your work because you decided to put all your work into the current Meta, why not give some actual reasons instead of crying about nerf posts. Do some homework yourself, try using non-meta characters and let me know how they do. How high in arena will you go if you use none of the characters I listed. Let me know and if you've got the backup, I'll be happy to listen.

How high in the arenas? Well, I have finished #1 on my leaderboard in my timezone for more than 30+ consecutive days, (I missed Christmas Eve or it would be more.. :/ ) I use *multiple teams* built to counter whatever team I am fighting. Yes, I have all of the above toons ready to go, in all honesty I don't use the Poggle or the GS too much, as I find them lacking in my group needs. I can run counter teams, AoE, anti-Jedi, Jedi, etc. so far I can beat anything I've seen and anything I put out there is beatable, as it should be. The trick is not dropping out of the top 10 by the time you get up the next morning.

I hardly put all my eggs in the current "Meta". I adjust my team to counter the teams I see coming up. I kind of think that's the way the game *should be*.

I have done my homework and pretty much passed all the tests.

When I encountered a new paradigm, I did not call for a nerf.

I got to work.

• Options
    *Yawn* let me guess, you got beat by teams containing these supposed OP heroes so now you want them nerfing? How very original.
  • Options
    Nope... got beat by a team with GS soldier and sid.... but did I mention sid or any of the other common toons that are within balance? I don't believe so. Just the standouts. Also notice I mentioned nerfs or buffs.

But I appreciate how you simply skip the post and comment anyways. If you're too lazy to read, don't comment.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Nope... got beat by a team with GS soldier and sid.... but did I mention sid or any of the other common toons that are within balance? I don't believe so. Just the standouts. Also notice I mentioned nerfs or buffs.

But I appreciate how you simply skip the post and comment anyways. If you're too lazy to read, don't comment.

You did mention GS though, but I appreciate how you leave that part out of your comment and then just accuse someone of being too lazy to read and not to comment.

At least you identify the reason for your frustration, you got beat.

• Options
    I've gotten beat by a lot of toons. The most impressive to me was an HK led group with droids and poggle. Did I mention. HK or IG86/88? I don't think so. They're balanced and only OP in specific groups. As they should be. Meanwhile the toons I mentioned above can be dropped into almost any squad and improve it.

I also posted general buffs that could be done instead of nerfs. Something to change the meta away from 10 or 12 high speed high damage toons.