Refreshing Arena = Restart Client?

Prev1
I just got sniped twice by the same guy because of this...?

If you refresh too fast now it gives you an error to restart... this is new as of today.

Replies

• Thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop, CG.

Fix your arena system or give us the ability to refresh so we don't get sniped.

I lost 50 crystals and 50 shipments because of this.
  • Elyndria,

Could you explain more? If it's a recent problem, then this should be in the Bugs or Technical Help section.

I could move it there, but would you elaborate?
    Thanks.

FashionFett.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It's not a bug by any means. This was a deliberate change.

Before today I could refresh the arena positions whenever I wanted, especially after being sniped, so I could attack back before they could rebuy their attempt and attack again.

Now if I spam refreshing it gives me an error code.

pSs4HDU.png
    Post edited by Elyndria on
  • I got this several times today while trying to refresh arena. It is the first day this has happened.
  • I've also experienced these shenanigans today. Once from compulsive arena refreshing. And once from crafting too fast.
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    Thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop, CG.

Fix your arena system or give us the ability to refresh so we don't get sniped.

I lost 50 crystals and 50 shipments because of this.

You didn't lose 50 crystals and 50 shipments. Why are you so sure that you win?
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Because I win against his team every day? And it's the same.

He beat me in the same time I got the restart message, then he rebought his attack and stalled 2 times, for whatever reason.

I'm not upset about getting 2nd today really, I'm upset that this will be a problem in the future.
  • Looks like a connectivity bug to me. Most devs would not use an error to prohibit a particular action. Not good PR optics there.

Maybe their servers are blowing up today? It happens.
  • @EA_Jesse ?

It'd be awesome to know if this is a one time issue, like ThePedroKid is suggesting, or if it'll be happening everyday. :/
  • I refreshed a lot just now to make sure I didn't bump out of top 20 but I had another issue. I refreshed one time at 50c to get into top 10. On 2nd battle I got **** fighting a Poe team that killed 2 players before I could move & quit by just using iPhone back out likely leaving ap running. I returned to find I had no other fights left. Usually I have 5 instead of 2. Maybe they extras go away if you Time Out to discurage those holding battle spots by wasting time.
  • I just got sniped down to 11. I was 2 got out of a match and refresh to fight again immediately but was already being sniped by someone who must of been refreshing over and over...shame this didn't happen to my sniper.

Sniped 250 crystal and the50 I spent to attempt to lock in number 2 feels bad man

Has to be a better way to run the arena...why can 11 snipe top 5 but 9 can't makes no sense.

• Same here every match I win in GW it is saying client restart.
  • Please tell me this isn't real..
  • This is not a change we made. There was some work on the servers today, so I'd recommend completely restarting the client and then checking to see if you still have the issue.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • @EA_Jesse restarted client and phone. Still happening.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    This is not a change we made. There was some work on the servers today, so I'd recommend completely restarting the client and then checking to see if you still have the issue.

It's happening on multiple devices and from multiple people.

• Ok, escalating this then to see what else might be going on. Sorry you are experiencing this :(
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Ok everyone, so I was able to reproduce this issue. You have to be tapping around on things VERY quickly. I can understand you want to try and refresh as quickly as possible, but for now to avoid this problem I caution you on tapping too quickly. We'll look at getting a fix for this in a future update.
  • This has literally not been an issue prior to today.
  • moongod wrote: »
    This has literally not been an issue prior to today.
    Yep. They tinkered with the server, the guys behind the scenes did this intentionally for sure. Kinda like a DDoS protection thing maybe?

People have said it's affecting GW and crafting as well.

• moongod
    298 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok. I batch crafted some things and counted M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I in between clicks. Def not VERY fast. Still crashed.
  • Conspiracy theory time. Ready? Remember the kid that said he could manipulate bronzium drops into giving him shards every time? How do you do that? MASH THAT BUTTON! probably not true, but not too far off. It may have to so with some exploit out there.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok everyone, so I was able to reproduce this issue. You have to be tapping around on things VERY quickly. I can understand you want to try and refresh as quickly as possible, but for now to avoid this problem I caution you on tapping too quickly. We'll look at getting a fix for this in a future update.

@EA_Jesse , If we slow down refreshes enough to avoid this issue, it takes 1-2 minutes to refresh the 50-100 times it usually takes to see the highest rank we can attack.

If CG doesn't want us refreshing that much, why is the refresh intentionally designed to rarely show us the highest rank we can attack? Between that and the lack of notification for when we're no longer being attacked, this is intentional poor design that punishes players for trying to get the best information possible.
  • I can confirm this is has been a issue for at least a week +

Very frustrating to say the least.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    It's not a bug by any means. This was a deliberate change.

Before today I could refresh the arena positions whenever I wanted, especially after being sniped, so I could attack back before they could rebuy their attempt and attack again.

Now if I spam refreshing it gives me an error code.

pSs4HDU.png
    I've had this problem several weeks. When i smash rfresh to fast.
  • Never had this error and I am refreshing. Not spamming though...
  • Yeah this isn't new, this has been around for a while when you try to refresh to quickly. It will only happen when you spam the refresh, which is pointless anyway because your going to fast to see even what ranks you get. Just don't refresh as fast as you can, easily avoidable.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Its happened to me for about two or thre days. i thought i was the only one lol
  • Yeah this isn't new, this has been around for a while when you try to refresh to quickly. It will only happen when you spam the refresh, which is pointless anyway because your going to fast to see even what ranks you get. Just don't refresh as fast as you can, easily avoidable.

If I may add, I wouldn't go around reporting I cannot SPAM :)
  • this happened long ago. I made a post about this too. I guess your speed of refreshing finally caught up with me.