When do new shards open?

Prev1
I want to start a new character and I wonder when new shards open. Is it monthly? And is there a specific date?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Dev's said there weren't really shards - just leaderboards. Many games fill up X number and then move on (i.e. 5000 for leaderboard 0117a then it starts filling 0117b). I've seen a lot of other players posting that it's by time (i.e. 2-3 days) but that wouldn't make sense based on leaderboards being so skewed just based on sign up rate.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • A new one starts when an old one has filled up so it is just luck of the draw.
  • I believe a new shard is created approx every 15,000-20,000 users that download it. So probably more than 1 per day.
  • Someone has a thread right now regarding the fact you only join a leader-board at level 7. Maybe they're right -- that just doesn't seem practical.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Okay thanks for the information! :)
  • Someone has a thread right now regarding the fact you only join a leader-board at level 7. Maybe they're right -- that just doesn't seem practical.

It works. You have to be ready to enter the shard when your random account gets into a new shard. If you start at rank 10,000+, it'll be a tough crawl to get back to top 100.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Someone has a thread right now regarding the fact you only join a leader-board at level 7. Maybe they're right -- that just doesn't seem practical.

100℅ accurate. I started an alt account when ships were introduced and kept it all level 6 for w while why I was collecting freebies (thank you -crytals, K2, SRP, and Chewy shards!) When I hit level 7, everyone was very similar to my level and this was after weeks (if not months).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    As stated above. Yep this is correct you are put into a shard when you open up the arena table at lvl7.

There is no telling when a shard opens, it has to do with when the last one was filled, or a certain amount of time has passed. They wouldn't want to leave a shard open too long or they wouldn't preserve the gap, which is the whole point.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The term now is Leader board, and it fills up to 20,000 players. As of December, it was filling at approximately 2 to 3 days.
    1) You should create an account and bring it up to level 7 first in preparation to join the new leaderboard.
    2) Create other junk accounts to join the leader board periodically to see when it fills to 20,000 and opens up a new one.
    3) Jump in with that prepared account into new leader board.
    4) Profit
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    People have been calling it shard or server for ages. Who cares if the devs call it leaderboard. We all know what is meant by it. It's just a different name for the same thing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Huatimus wrote: »
    The term now is Leader board, and it fills up to 20,000 players. As of December, it was filling at approximately 2 to 3 days.
    1) You should create an account and bring it up to level 7 first in preparation to join the new leaderboard.
    2) Create other junk accounts to join the leader board periodically to see when it fills to 20,000 and opens up a new one.
    3) Jump in with that prepared account into new leader board.
    4) Profit

At this point they must have something like if at # for some time close it and start a new one.... because thy can't leave them open for a fixed number...I don't know how many but they can't be filling as fast as they used to. And if they wait too long especially at low lvl's people progress fast.
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    People have been calling it shard or server for ages. Who cares if the devs call it leaderboard. We all know what is meant by it. It's just a different name for the same thing
    Just trying to be as factual and accurate as possible. If you know what is meant by it, why do you care so much as to post a non constructive reply?

@Kyno Although I've never rolled an account at exactly 20,000, I have rolled accounts into the 19,000s. And then in the early 100s of a new leaderboard so I'm very sure that number is still 20,000 as of December 2016. New leaderboards are slower to fill than before, it used to take only a day if I am not mistaken.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Just trying to be as factual and accurate as possible. If you know what is meant by it, why do you care so much as to post a non constructive reply?

@Kyno Although I've never rolled an account at exactly 20,000, I have rolled accounts into the 19,000s. And then in the early 100s of a new leaderboard so I'm very sure that number is still 20,000 as of December 2016. New leaderboards are slower to fill than before, it used to take only a day if I am not mistaken.

@Huatimus
    That's cool its good to hear its still got life, what was the spread on lvl when you start that low?
  • If you start at rank 10,000+, it'll be a tough crawl to get back to top 100.[/quote]

I started my shard at 10k+ (sucks pretty bad) but had a good strategy and worked myself up to top 500. Now I'm at 330 and climbing after pulling a baze from a 350 gem pack (chromium I think it's called)!
  • Interesting. I didn't really look into it, but didn't think it was much higher then 2500 ppl per leaderboard. I wish I could see the entire leaderboard to see how my active players are still on mine. I'd think after a year at least 75℅ would no longer be around.
  • I just created a new character.
    At day2 I was able to play arena.
    Leaderbord I checked.
    100k gp 30 raids done was rank 1.

• Interesting. I didn't really look into it, but didn't think it was much higher then 2500 ppl per leaderboard. I wish I could see the entire leaderboard to see how my active players are still on mine. I'd think after a year at least 75℅ would no longer be around.

I think on my leaderbord are not more than 300 active player. My clones were still in that range while having a 1 year break playtime.
  • Just be brave and start your arena when you reach it. Waiting to be the first of a new shard only to quickly reach #1 is a coward thing to do, and it hurts real new players.
  • Just be brave and start your arena when you reach it. Waiting to be the first of a new shard only to quickly reach #1 is a coward thing to do, and it hurts real new players.

Sure right. Allways can buy your way to the point where scores a even.
  • I just created a new character.
    Leaderbord I checked.

Some people have hoarded for a very long time, and some managed to find guilds willing to let them contribute minimum tickets. Apparently you can spend energy without gaining xp by Forfeiting the battle, this would allow them to complete the guild activities such as LS/DS/Cantina/Hard mode battles. If they do this often enough, they have enough guild currency to purchase a character up to 6* or 7* and participate in raids.

I myself have an account where I've hoarded more than 20K energy. I'm pretty much too lazy to ever start playing this account because the thought of trying to use up 20K energy on the first day is bumming me out a bit.
  • I understand. The 30 raids have been hoarded 2 I assume.
    Sad that this is even possible and allowed!
    Completet galactic wars have been hoarded 2 I bet. They starting lvl 40.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I just created a new character.
    Leaderbord I checked.

Some people have hoarded for a very long time, and some managed to find guilds willing to let them contribute minimum tickets. Apparently you can spend energy without gaining xp by Forfeiting the battle, this would allow them to complete the guild activities such as LS/DS/Cantina/Hard mode battles. If they do this often enough, they have enough guild currency to purchase a character up to 6* or 7* and participate in raids.

I myself have an account where I've hoarded more than 20K energy. I'm pretty much too lazy to ever start playing this account because the thought of trying to use up 20K energy on the first day is bumming me out a bit.

On my acount completing guild activities is rewarded with xp. The rest see below...
    Leaderbord I checked.

On my acount completing guild activities is rewarded with xp. The rest see below...

I see. Guild currency even possible to hoard. No need to collect the daily activity. Still raids and gw have been done on those acounts I'm facing with 2 day old acount.
    Leaderbord I checked.

I see. Guild currency even possible to hoard. No need to collect the daily activity. Still raids and gw have been done on those acounts I'm facing with 2 day old acount.

As I understand 84 galactic war battles won means that dude, even if he did your strategy, must have played at least 84 days right? Assuming he made it from lvl 1 to 40 in a day
  • 84 nodes you meant? That's exactly 7 days worth of GW so seems right. You probably entered the leaderboard 7 days later than him. And yes you can hit 40 on day 1 easily.
    84 nodes you meant? That's exactly 7 days worth of GW so seems right. You probably entered the leaderboard 7 days later than him. And yes you can hit 40 on day 1 easily.

And 30 raids?
  • Raids have no level requirements. As long as you have a character with enough star requirement. I know a few hoarders who bought the 7* Rey promotion.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    84 nodes you meant? That's exactly 7 days worth of GW so seems right. You probably entered the leaderboard 7 days later than him. And yes you can hit 40 on day 1 easily.

And 30 raids?

It's possible to find a guild that will let you join raids while not contributing tickets. You can join a guild at level 22 or so.

Just be brave and start your arena when you reach it. Waiting to be the first of a new shard only to quickly reach #1 is a coward thing to do, and it hurts real new players.

Only way to make the difference up before level 85 is $$$$$$
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I understand. The 30 raids have been hoarded 2 I assume.
    Sad that this is even possible and allowed!
    Completet galactic wars have been hoarded 2 I bet. They starting lvl 40.

There is nothing against this because the person is "playing" and putting time into the game. Yes in the loosest sense of the game, but they are putting in the daily login and are working their plan.

If you do the same. You can make it too be a top player.

Sure right. Allways can buy your way to the point where scores a even.

Being p2p is more respectable than not playing fair and preying on noobs.
    Not being #1 is not the end of the world. I'm f2p and I am not #1. My highest rank ever has been #100, and only once, because my f2p arena team only has 93k power and only 3 gold toons. Guess what? I'm alive. And I enjoy the game the same as anyone else.
    I still haven't seen a reason why abusing noobs is sportsmanlike.
This discussion has been closed.