Please don't make bosses immune to DT's Death Mark or Krennic's Stagger.

War
932 posts Member
When Krennic and Deathtrooper were announced, and before their kits were revealed, I announced in guild chat that; Krennic, Deathtrooper, Snow, Magma, and Veers would be my new P1 team for AAT. It was a joke; since Empire is bad for raids, especially those three, but also true. I'm an Empire guy through and through, finding places for my Empire characters rather than farming the meta team for a phase, is what I do. People believe in the Palpa Tie meta, but don't call it an Empire meta, go figure.

After playing around with Deathrooper today, and looking ahead to what Krennic brings to the table, I realized; this isn't some just some pipe dream or an Empire guy refusing to play ball with the meta, this can be an actual Empire meta for the Tank Takedown raid.

Imagine this; Deathrooper dazes B2 preventing that annoying 100% TM gain when attacking Grievous. After one of the Magnaguards fall, he nails Grievous with Death Mark, letting my other characters ignore the Droid taunts and dish out some extra damage on Grievous for a couple turns. Krennic's stagger and Magma's AoE TM reduction, work in tandem to keep down TM, which will always be the raid meta. But here's the kicker, none of this works if raid bosses are made immune to Death Mark and Stagger.

Starting with Death Mark. All it does is force my characters to attack only that target, getting around taunts and dealing extra damage for a couple turns. The potential problem is the extra damage is pretty severe, but bosses already have it in place that they take reduced damage from effects like that, so really it's just for getting around the taunt. Stagger, while I haven't got to see the full effect yet, just removes all TM meter when the target is attacked. Teebo's the Rancor raid meta because he does that every turn, Krennic doing that every three turns should be fine.

TL,DR

Let Empire be a raid meta for once. I know Krennic and Deathrooper will kick butt in arena, but the potential for an Empire meta for raids? That's way to great to be dashed away with by making bosses immune to Death Mark and Stagger.

Replies

• While we're at it can we make savages special work when the rancor is under 25% health too...
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mike1980 wrote: »
    While we're at it can we make savages special work when the rancor is under 25% health too...

That makes no sense. His is an auto kill, Death Troopers is extra damage. Plus they've already confirmed bosses won't be immune to Death Mark. I was also wrong on it getting around it being used to get around taunts. Apparently you can only attack the Death Marked target, unless they have a taunt up. If Death Mark wasn't so good, I'd call foul having such a huge drawback like that.

Unfortunately I don't have 900$ dollars to drop on a phone app. So it's irrelevant to me anyway, and I'm sure 98% of the rest of the player base as well.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Also counters!

Fives and Dooku never counter against Greivous or the AAT main cannons - why????

Also why does foresight never work against Chief Pig, Greivous or AAT main cannons????

Yes bosses should be difficult and get reduction in normal damaged caused by debuffs etc. but basic abilities built into you teams and characters are completely unusable.
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Boo wrote: »
    Also counters!

Fives and Dooku never counter against Greivous or the AAT main cannons - why????

Also why does foresight never work against Chief Pig, Greivous or AAT main cannons????
    In case you weren't being rhetorical, read the description of raid bosses basic moves. They can't be countered or evaded