Game Update - 1/28/2016

Replies

• Raven
    113 posts Member

Agree with you and thanks for the great work. However, the general rule of statistic '5% confidence' and the general lean 6 sigma, there will always be outliers on the positive and negative extremity. So yeah, roughly 95% from the millions (or hundreds of thousands) of people playing this game will experience 16% assist rate on Phasma as you've proven, and some people will experience 0% assist rate and some 32%. Sometimes when people rant that the ai assist rate is 80% on that battle, it might be true but most probably only a small outlier data.

Why a lot of people are sharing this problem ? Question is how many and why.. Generally people experiencing 'good streak' don’t even bother to post it or they don’t even notice it as mentioned by @qeltar, but surely when you face the 'bad streak' you will post it and as a result seems like everyone is talking about the same 'bad streak' thats seems to be rigged.

TLDR: bad streak can happen, I believe in some match the dodge rate assist rate and even revive is crazy but in general I agree with Qeltar and Cosmic.
    When it happens for you, you celebrated for few seconds, but when the RNG happens against you of course you rant all day long and acuse dev and other people liars.

Calling others who put good works, time and effort to prove a point a liar is toxic but hey, this is the internet after all :/
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    wait the liar part was in the original post not in this thread sorry guys err #glhf #tgif #bufftheewoks
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Raven
    It's completely understandable that if someone has a bad streak they will want to complain. But when they say that the Devs are liars, AI cheats etc etc I will call them out.

There are far too many posts on this forum for them to be the tiny percentage that gets a 32% proc rate 'in every galactic war battle since the update' for example.

And when someone says 80% in every battle I know it's just blatant lies.

If someone is reasonable, polite and doesn't blame the developers of the game then I'll treat them with kindness too. If not, let the flame wars begin >:)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I wish they would announce updates in game, i refreshed gw shipments twice before noticing i was using crystals
  • Torie
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Its still a great game
    Post edited by Torie on
  • Geez, I came to this game from that Perambulating Necrotics: Tarmac to Continuity game and was wowed by the active and positive developer, moderator, and community conversation here.

It really felt like the developers were focused on gameplay, not monetizing every aspect of the game. And the tone here was one of appreciation, folks happily spending.

However, in just two months there have been several moves that I can't help but shake my head and think I was wrong. Perhaps it's just a consequence of the freemium model...but this game feels like it's taking a similar turn. I spotted it early in that other game, and it's starting to feel similar here. The promises of transparency and of great things coming simultaneous to disappearing packages, price increases and other stealthy changes to players detriment and expense while ignoring active bugs and gameplay issues all the while the developer and moderator interactions seem to dwindle...it feels like I've been down this road before.

Thus I formally submit and suggest the following homophonic gernericization and portmanteau definition as description of this decision, it's a real scope-play:
    scope-play (n): a stealthy conversion of free in-game rewards to premium pay-walled incentives to the detriment of gameplay; a game change simply to further monetize gameplay. Note: verb and gerund forms are also acceptable, but adverbs become difficult, e.g. scope-playly.

The truth.
  • Torie
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks community, for all the great idea's to make this game as awesome as it is.
    Post edited by Torie on
  • Am I the only one who noticed a MASSIVE increase in difficulty in Galactic Wars?

I have only done maybe around 4 so far, and they were a little too easy. Now I am level 43, I hit 10,000 power total and wham around the 5th battle in I am fighting guys level 52 and have ZERO chance

I don't know if they take it easy on you your first 4 or 5 times, if it was because my power hit 10K, or most likely I am thinking it is due to this update, and just another way to slow people down????

Any insight here appreciated, between this and the currency refresh change it is a HUGE blow to my will to even keep going, I think I got 400 out of the GW and then hit guys 10 levels above me, WOW
  • Why not make gw less upsetting, i mean more easier? You just made it more irritating. Cmon bring on the fun in this gamE stop squeezing our money!
  • GW resets now cost premium currency lol I can imagine the devs saying something like

"Don't take it personal, it's just business"

Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Fix the ventress bug!! Her dispel is what I bought her for and all she dispel is taunt and nothing else. Fix her! And it's not a group heal although that part is nice
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You all are worked up about GW, but has anyone tried buying credits?

The system use to give you a chance for 2X or 3X the credit amount totalling 500K, 1M, or 1.5M. Now it breaks down the credit purchase into 8 packs and each pack has a chance of doubling or tripling instead of the entire amount. My whopping double win was 600K.

THAT was their big money grab and customer rip-off.
  • Koney wrote: »
    So is FOTP 7* going to get fixed some day? I mean if it's intended to be like that I'd really like to know.

FOTP is a glass cannon. He's meant to be how he is
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Lol you guys whine about everything. Have never used the refresh and now never will. Thank You EA!
  • Ackbar is still broken. But I know that Cantina 1-A and light side 1-A easy were much bigger issues. Thanks for nothing thus far.
    So is FOTP 7* going to get fixed some day? I mean if it's intended to be like that I'd really like to know.

He is a glass cannon with more hitpoints than most tanks..... That is what they want fixed. During the upgrade a stat gets switched and he gets massive hitpoints, so he hits really hard and is really hard to take down.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975

Glass cannons do not carry 13,911 HP, which is not even 20 less than a tank in Poe and more than tanks like Mace
  • And what should we do with non-400x GW shards? :/
    Russian SW:GoH Community| 4PDA

this guy.. what a troll..
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

Here are the notes for the update today (1/28/2016)

Bug Fixes
    • Units that are defeated and revived will no longer have buffs/debuffs on them.
    • Old Daka’s leader ability description has been fixed.
    • Luminara Unduli will now trigger her dodge up chance properly after using her Basic Attack.
    • When Ugnaught uses an ability to stun a character it will now properly show the stun icon.
    • Darth Vader’s leader ability will no longer attempt to be applied to enemy units at the start of a battle.
    • Leia’s ability (Against All Odds) no longer gives 100% Critical Chance up on buff.
    • Fixed a bug where the Jedi Knight Guardian on the Dark Side 1-D battle could apply Ability Block which would persist on characters through encounters.
    • Fixed a bug in Cantina Battle 1-A where the Stormtrooper Commander could heal through a Healing Immunity debuff.

Updates
    • Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

Bug Fixes
    • Units that are defeated and revived will no longer have buffs/debuffs on them.
    • Luminara Unduli will now trigger her dodge up chance properly after using her Basic Attack.
    • When Ugnaught uses an ability to stun a character it will now properly show the stun icon.
    • Darth Vader’s leader ability will no longer attempt to be applied to enemy units at the start of a battle.
    • Leia’s ability (Against All Odds) no longer gives 100% Critical Chance up on buff.
    • Fixed a bug where the Jedi Knight Guardian on the Dark Side 1-D battle could apply Ability Block which would persist on characters through encounters.
    • Fixed a bug in Cantina Battle 1-A where the Stormtrooper Commander could heal through a Healing Immunity debuff.

Updates
    • Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

Bug Fixes

Updates

• I ve spent lots of money here but that s all, this is pure abuse. Bye. :/
  • Literally every factor of the game is becoming monetized and giving out less rewards/loot, while increasing the price. It's a double slap in the face to all the players and supporters of this game.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    ZJavinho wrote: »
    Literally every factor of the game is becoming monetized and giving out less rewards/loot, while increasing the price. It's a double slap in the face to all the players and supporters of this game.

giving out less rewards/loots? What are you talking about.

Everywhere else in the game, speeding up the refresh timer costs crystals. The only place that wasn't the same was GW, the same place that was being exploited to fully finish it and earn extra tokens. This is really not a big deal...I just wish it would have been this way from the start as to avoid all the whining about the change.

• Barrok wrote: »
    Literally every factor of the game is becoming monetized and giving out less rewards/loot, while increasing the price. It's a double slap in the face to all the players and supporters of this game.

Everywhere else in the game, speeding up the refresh timer costs crystals. The only place that wasn't the same was GW, the same place that was being exploited to fully finish it and earn extra tokens. This is really not a big deal...I just wish it would have been this way from the start as to avoid all the whining about the change.

It is a big deal....notice it says UPDATE, not BUG FIX. This means tons of players were stockpiling strategically. And their stockpile is now effectively useless. It is is once more about a major change without notice, screwing those players who thought ahead.
  • Ma dai, così no... Siete dei ladri!!!! Vaffanc**ooooo!!!!!!
    (You should change arena and cantina refreshments to make them like gw's, not the opposite!!!!)
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »

It is a big deal....notice it says UPDATE, not BUG FIX. This means tons of players were stockpiling strategically. And their stockpile is now effectively useless. It is is once more about a major change without notice, screwing those players who thought ahead.

How is your stockpile effectively useless?

You get what, 4 refreshes a day? 4 x 5 shards = 20 shards a day. 1.5 day to get a 4* from 3*, 3.5 days to get a 5* from 4, etc. Geez, you still can get these guys you want, you just don't get them "instantly".

So what, is that really going to ruin you? Those few days of waiting are going to make the game unplayable?

Getting your character will still be able to be done without spending a dime... be happy that's possible geez.

• So uhh... What am I supposed to do with my leftover 10 GW tokens? Can you make a way to trade them in for like a crystal or two? otherwise they are just worthless and sit there making my OCD go crazy.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »

How is your stockpile effectively useless?

You get what, 4 refreshes a day? 4 x 5 shards = 20 shards a day. 1.5 day to get a 4* from 3*, 3.5 days to get a 5* from 4, etc. Geez, you still can get these guys you want, you just don't get them "instantly".

So what, is that really going to ruin you? Those few days of waiting are going to make the game unplayable?

Getting your character will still be able to be done without spending a dime... be happy that's possible geez.

Why not just make it so you can only refresh 4 times a day and keep it how it was?
  • I agree notification of the shipment change would have been nice, but it in no way breaks that part or makes this game unplayable. At worst it slows the progression of upgrading a hero's stars. Annoying for some true. However, based on the amount posts on how unwinnable GW is, I'd imagine not many people were employing the stockpile strategy. There are still 3-4 shipments available per day per hero. The tokens are not going to be stuck there. People will be able to find use for them, as noted it may just take longer.

I personally find the claims of "cash grab" to be laughable. I wonder if those claiming "cash grab" also believe that CG/EA are "giving them cash" everyday? I don't know about everyone else, but I get a bunch of crystals everyday from Arena, dailies, GW rewards, etc. Personally, I don't view it as me receiving money, but if something costing crystals = money then me getting crystals must mean I'm getting money. Yes! I'm getting paid to play.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Aardapple wrote: »
    So uhh... What am I supposed to do with my leftover 10 GW tokens? Can you make a way to trade them in for like a crystal or two? otherwise they are just worthless and sit there making my OCD go crazy.

Wow, really? 10 tokens? You realize that is like arguing over losing a dime right? 10 tokens is 2.5% of the necessary amount to get 5 shards... 2.5%.

This discussion has been closed.