Game Update - 1/28/2016

Replies

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    Why not just make it so you can only refresh 4 times a day and keep it how it was?

Sure they could do that, but doesn't make much sense when you compare to squad arena and cantina. GW should never have been different from the other two (also shipment refreshes). If GW was the correct way, then the other two should have been like GW. But since they changed GW, you have to assume that the other two were correct and GW was probably incorrect (or not well thought out).

• Lol my OCD is apparently stronger than everyone else's. I refused to spend the 10 tokens to begin with because it would ruin my nice, even numbers and it would take too long to correct itself. Thus, I got used to letting the Shipments refresh the slow way and still have a nice, neat stack of tokens. This change does not affect me at all.
  • Render wrote: »
    I agree notification of the shipment change would have been nice, but it in no way breaks that part or makes this game unplayable. At worst it slows the progression of upgrading a hero's stars. Annoying for some true. However, based on the amount posts on how unwinnable GW is, I'd imagine not many people were employing the stockpile strategy. There are still 3-4 shipments available per day per hero. The tokens are not going to be stuck there. People will be able to find use for them, as noted it may just take longer.

I personally find the claims of "cash grab" to be laughable. I wonder if those claiming "cash grab" also believe that CG/EA are "giving them cash" everyday? I don't know about everyone else, but I get a bunch of crystals everyday from Arena, dailies, GW rewards, etc. Personally, I don't view it as me receiving money, but if something costing crystals = money then me getting crystals must mean I'm getting money. Yes! I'm getting paid to play.

Yes you do get crystals everyday but the fact of the matter is that they want you to use more crystals then you get daily
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Barrok wrote: »
    Aardapple wrote: »
    So uhh... What am I supposed to do with my leftover 10 GW tokens? Can you make a way to trade them in for like a crystal or two? otherwise they are just worthless and sit there making my OCD go crazy.

Wow, really? 10 tokens? You realize that is like arguing over losing a dime right? 10 tokens is 2.5% of the necessary amount to get 5 shards... 2.5%.

Hes not arguing over a dime but he is complaining that now hes stuck with 10 tokens that he has to look at and can not use it in anyway
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    Aardapple wrote: »
    So uhh... What am I supposed to do with my leftover 10 GW tokens? Can you make a way to trade them in for like a crystal or two? otherwise they are just worthless and sit there making my OCD go crazy.

Wow, really? 10 tokens? You realize that is like arguing over losing a dime right? 10 tokens is 2.5% of the necessary amount to get 5 shards... 2.5%.

Hes not arguing over a dime but he is complaining that now hes stuck with 10 tokens that he has to look at and can not use it in anyway

No, read his quote. He calls them worthless, and wonders what he is supposed to do with them.

Btw, get over 1000 of them and it no longer shows the 10 tokens, will just be like 1k, or 1.1k. Then you never have to see them again :)

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I feel it's those stockpiles of GW currency that begged for the change. EA will add new playable characters and presumably they just don't want them out so quickly.
    What exactly is the problem with saving up resources to spend them strategically? I've already maxed 2 characters from GW. There are only 2 characters in GW shipments right now who even REMOTELY interest me. So I decided to save my tokens for ones that I might like in the future.
    Why the hell is this a problem? I didn't steal the tokens, I didn't hack to get them, I earned them through playing GW through, a mode I don't even enjoy any more since they wrecked it. Saving those tokens means I have fewer characters now so I can have different ones later.
    That's called making trade-offs and planning ahead.
    What sort of company punishes long-term thinkers? CG, apparently.
    If they don't want us to stockpile, why haven't they added more options to the shipments? They've put exactly one new character in there in TWO MONTHS. Why?
    @Naecabon stockpiled 30,000 energy ahead of the level cap raise. He gave up thousands in free energy refills to do this, but it was worth it to him. Should they have screwed him over too?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with saving them up. I didn't accuse anyone of hacking nor stealing GW tokens.

What I believe is the reason for the change is to 'gate' the release of new toons added to GW shipments. Stockpiling was a sound strategy. I agree that not all characters in GW are interesting. So to slow the introduction of any new toons, something had to be done.

I am f2p as well. So while the 10 GW currency would have been better, it just isn't fact anymore. I suppose to me, it's as simple and adjust to the change. Even if it doesn't make sense. Like I mentioned in the post you quoted, I was more surprised at the lack of advanced warning, than for the change at all.

Also, what some players did to prepare for new content (saving up energy), isn't the same. It's similar, but not the same as the GW stockpiling.
  • I had an odd amount of GW tokens so I could refresh it 3x. I much prefer using GW tokens to refresh, and not crystals. Unhappy with this change. Seems like a cash-grab. And, now I'll ALWAYS have an odd amount of crystals in GW.
  • Thats standard with all companies. All they truly care about is money in the end.
  • MVickSup wrote: »
    Fix the ventress bug!! Her dispel is what I bought her for and all she dispel is taunt and nothing else. Fix her! And it's not a group heal although that part is nice

Well, that's not true at all.
  • Wow I used 10 tokens the other day so I can level phasma one last time and now I'm at 390 tokens for the rest of my life O.e
  • And still no fotp fix? Tank lile hell and critts with 9k, GG
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Leia’s ability (Against All Odds) no longer gives 100% Critical Chance up on buff.

Okay, it's not 100% of the time. It's still too damned much.
    I used to like Princess Leia before I started playing this **** game.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
    Leia’s ability (Against All Odds) no longer gives 100% Critical Chance up on buff.

Stop crying and play, will you?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    anyone else notice the packs now say "guaranteed character" and no longer say "best chance of kylo ren"?

I wonder if anything got changed here @EA_Jesse
  • Cythis wrote: »
    Great work on the Ugnaught fix that one was bothering me.
    Aaahh,hahahaha,hahaha ha ha ha! Yes, very important that you fix the absolute worst character in the game. I've almost totally stopped using him since I've 7*ed him.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    anyone else notice the packs now say "guaranteed character" and no longer say "best chance of kylo ren"?

I wonder if anything got changed here @EA_Jesse

Yes I noticed that also.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Bite me.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    no wonder they pushed the update out so early today...take a three day weekend and hope the wallets and ffreeloaders forget by monday
  • jafla wrote: »
    Phasma is very strong currently and worth getting however ai teams on D no matter what the developers claim receive additional attacks way more often than her used as your own leader from the general consensus of folks over time. This isn't just impression it's fact. I would say over the last 100 arena battles vs Phasma teams the chance for additional attacks is closer to 30 percent not 18. So think this will be fixed this patch and didn't want to use that character.

Incorrect.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7368/bang-bang-she-shot-me-down-captain-phasma-and-her-crazy-assist-proc-rating/p1

Have you found this to also be true for Arena battles? In GW the proc rate doesn't seem to be an issue at all for me but in Arena it seems much higher after the last 100 battles. I believe Keaven also mentioned the possible ai increased proc rate in his post when the developers touched on this.
  • I don't understand what the big deal is on the GW refresh change. You can easily use all the coins you get each day on the same character before the day is up. It is just a matter of time in that day. Not sure why anyone is refreshing anyway. There is only four characters that are worth a crap in there anyway. Only three are really useable with most teams. In two months you won't have anything to spend it on unless they start rotating characters. You should be up in arms about that issue if anything.
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Bite me.

I might :-)
  • Sixplicit wrote: »
    I don't understand what the big deal is on the GW refresh change. You can easily use all the coins you get each day on the same character before the day is up. It is just a matter of time in that day. Not sure why anyone is refreshing anyway. There is only four characters that are worth a crap in there anyway. Only three are really useable with most teams. In two months you won't have anything to spend it on unless they start rotating characters. You should be up in arms about that issue if anything.

One issue is with a max of 1200 gems daily, you have to be able to login three times daily. I used the 10 gem refresh a number of times when I wasn't going to be able to be on. And yes...I started saving gems, simply because I felt it was smart to do so. This is another blindside update Pure and simple. It completely screws a large number of players...forcing us in the end to use gems on toons we have no interest in, that doesn't synergize with our rosters, or (given the pattern of surprise updates) may be significantly altered after spending gems we didn't want to spend I the first place. At least give advance warning. But no.
  • The one advantage that hoarding GW currency could do now is is ability to star up several characters at once. So hoarding is not completely useless. Granted, if you earn 1200 a day, and cannot spend more than that due to refresh timer you can never draw from the saved up tokens. Unless you work on 2 or 3 toons at once. Then there is still a clear advantage.
    Of course this is assuming there will eventually be 2-3 chars worth leveling there.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Yeah am over the GW thing now. Found that I can finish GW every day without the old retreat, just had to adjust my play. As for the 90 GW tokens I have.... Meh.

Only thing I am upset about is how long it's going to take me to get QGJ to 7 stars. CT5 is on 5 stars at the moment and it'll take me a bit to finish him through cantina, then onto QGJ. Should have them both by Christmas. How good is 5's though.
  • Please, please, please give us Jar Jar Binks! He could be super hard to hit and his taunt would be really annoying!

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Not happy with the uneven amount tokens I have, other than that, it's the kind of move I expect from this company.
  • Please, please, please give us Jar Jar Binks! He could be super hard to hit and his taunt would be really annoying!

please no! That is one Star Wars character I will be happy to never see again.
  • I think Ventress's leader ability has the same problem as Darth Vader's (applying to the enemy)
  • . Good luck beating me in arena now. Your tears are delicious.[/quote]

Haha
    Al_Tiz wrote: »
    The GW shipment change is annoying but not a big deal at all.

I have 19,200 GW tokens saved up. I've gone without leveling up characters for half a month, foregoing what I could have been doing with those characters, because of the way GW was set up.
    To you this change may not be a big deal. To me it is.
    And it's not like this was something urgent that had to pushed out with a bug fix patch.

I don't think it was exactly wrong what they did. If they didn't want players to save up and get a new 7 star right of the bat that is fine it makes sense. BUT they needed to warn players like yourself that they would be doing this not just throw it out there. Leaving people with tons of war tokens or token amounts not at an even 100 was unfair.
This discussion has been closed.