Death Trooper at 2 stars

i am a level 73 F2P player who uses a dark team. Since I still need 5 shards to promote him to 3 stars, is it worth it to to put resources in him or should I wait until he becomes farmable? Has anyone tried him at 2 stars?
Also is there a place for him in my team?
https://swgoh.gg/u/danflorian1984/

Replies

• Mines 3* just complete all challenge u will have 5 extra shards
  • Well Bigboy I would love to finish tier 4 but since I am only level 73 that's a bit out of my league.

Zeus thanks for the link but it doesn't really answer any of my questions.
  • Gear is more important then stars, likely the best answer for you is that he seems like a good option, as long as you can gear him up, the stat difference from two star to three star is not huge, two to seven, that's different . Good mods, good gear level and I would suspect you will be good
  • OK thanks, another question, i imagine that even modded at 2 stars DT will have low health. Can he be used without an autotaunter?
    The reason I keep asking all these questions is because I calculated it will cost me about 3 millions credits only to level him up, plus all the gear, and it will suck to pour all this resources into a toon I can't use in raids and challenges only to discover he is close to useless in arena too.
  • I think you have to look at DT in the context of an empire team with Krennic. At the end of the day, you are going to spend your resources somewhere. Kudos for you for being strategic about where to spend them. I think his grenade will change the game. Imagine not only removing all buffs but then blocking healing for 2 turns. Now factor in his basic attack daze and if they are rebels he gets to attack again. If Krennic is there and the opposing team is AOE, DT will be gaining TM to attack quickly again.

I think you have to look at a few factors to determine your plan/strategy long term:
    1) what do you enjoy playing the most? I love my empire team even though my rebel team is really good
    2) What is the current meta and what will that look like in a month or two when Krennic/DT are 7* and modded?
    3) What type of approach do you want to focus on? Speed, TM gain/reduction, slow down the opposing team, ability blockers, etc
  • @danflorian1984 I have similar line up at lvl 65, geared DT to G5 (close to 6) abilities 3/3/3/3 lvl50 no mods pwr 1822
    IMO haven't seen benefits in battle
    at full strength + Krennic will do the trick but for now has a cozy seat on the bench handing out towels using his grenade to heat up hot chocolate for the team B)
  • mlb1399

Thanks for the reply. I realize that DT has great potential but like I said i don't have a auto taunter. So this really makes me question his viability in my team. Also for now i rank usually in top 20 using my team (Boba Vader Rg Sthan TFP) so you can imagine my reticence in puling one of them out for a 2 star toon. I would love to use an all out dark team, but not to have DT oneshooted by wiggs every time.And if i am going to spend my resources my underdeveloped rebels or the jedi for Yoda event are also solid options.That's what I would like to know, if the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks.I know this isn't really an exact science but still...

Anyway I think it would be best to wait and see how many stars will my Krennic have before i make a decision. Thanks gain for your reply.

• TriMuSarebnby

That's exactly what I was afraid. Thanks.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    DT is ideal char for me . Emp version of B2 + much dmg for me.

Now i have team :

Palp(L) , Vader, TFP, Boba, Shore

When i will pick up Zader i will change it to :

Zader (L) , TFP , DT, Shore and Boba/Palp/Krennic its will be amazing i guess
  • @danflorian1984 I finish top 1-3 in my shard without an auto taunter on my rebel team. It helps but it's not needed. Especially if you can slow down, debuff, ability block and attack with massive power
  • ^ I think is easier to play without an auto taunter if you use burst rebel team than when you're using a debuffing team.

Anyway I mentioned auto taunter in this particular case because at 2 or even at 3 stars I imagine DT will be pretty squishy and a probably the first target in a battle without one.