Do the same levels get harder if you are stronger?

It seems like even though I upgrade my characters, lower levels that I've already beaten don't get proportionally easier. And some of the levels that I was able to barely 3-star when I was a little weaker have actually gotten more difficult. Have I been playing too much and falling on the wrong side of mere chance and coincidence, or is this by design?

Replies

• @Vaders_Underwear

Hi, have you tried upgrading the Gears & Abilities as well?
  • @Vaders_Underwear

Hi, have you tried upgrading the Gears & Abilities as well?

All my characters have their XP maxed out. Also, they are all at or near their respective gear levels. But it seems like maxing everyone out has only made the game more difficult, and on a side note, I'm getting much weaker choices for heroes to borrow. A few days ago when I was a few levels lower, I consistently had at least one or two really strong heroes to choose every time I attacked, and I would consistently dominate levels that I had already 3-starred, but now I am a few levels higher and have all my characters just about maxed and things are much different. I almost feel like I'm getting punished for playing too much, and if I give it a break, things will calm down.
  • For excample, when all my characters were xp 33/34, I would almost always 3-star Cantina Battle C. Now everyone is at XP 35, and I have to save my training droids which is a good problem on its own, but now I usually only 2-star Cantina Battle C, and right now I barely got a 1-star. I'm using the same tactics / strategies as I was before, but it feels like the game got "smarter" on me and is better at attacking me.

If the AI is adaptive that's fine and would be a good thing, but I'd imagine it isn't.
  • I'm at lvl 35 so I can't train anyone higher FWIW.