Newest Update

moddom
238 posts Member
edited January 2016
Two points:
First you irritate the P2P by making qgj free.
Next you irritate the F2P by making the saving of GW tokens worthless.
Exactly who are you trying to appease in your current business model? At this rate many P2P and F2P will quit this game due to the sheer lack of any direction in the current decisions being made. If you aren't appeasing F2P or P2P, who is going to continue playing this game? Just my thoughts on the matter because it lacks any sort of logical reasoning.

Replies

• First of all P2P should not have exclusive game impacting content, it should just speed up the acquisition. Second the GW refresh barely changes anything. I'm more annoyed that I'm stuck with 40 extra gems that I can't use.
  • This is so true my friend. **** 2 types of players in 2 days. C'mon EA, fix your way or you'll lose the majority of your player base.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    I'd rather they fixed the crazy amount it cost to refill energy, 12 stages goes by fast then wait 12 hours or spent 300 crystals to refresh twice, I'd figure they would want people playing as much as possible.
  • moddom wrote: »
    Two points:
    Exactly who are you trying to appease in your current business model? At this rate many P2P and F2P will quit this game due to the sheer lack of any direction in the current decisions being made. If you aren't appeasing F2P or P2P, who is going to continue playing this game? Just my thoughts on the matter because it lacks any sort of logical reasoning.

I have to agree.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Do people know some kind of super secret... Secret about GW that I missed? I never refreshed it once and I've focused my spending on one toon at a time. And I'm STILL not drowning in GW tokens.

What's the point of being able to refresh shipments when you can only buy at the very most 2-3 shipments per day anyway?
  • RU486 wrote: »
    I'd rather they fixed the crazy amount it cost to refill energy, 12 stages goes by fast then wait 12 hours or spent 300 crystals to refresh twice, I'd figure they would want people playing as much as possible.

I think they're trying to slow ppl down. They don't want ppl rushing through stuff. It will slow some ppl but not all.
    Two points:

Funny how all these end users purport to be smarter than the devs...who's making millions and who's screaming at their mobile device?
  • murton09 wrote: »
    moddom wrote: »
    Two points:

Funny how all these end users purport to be smarter than the devs...who's making millions and who's screaming at their mobile device?

Guess that's why I said "Just my thoughts...". Nor am I screaming, this is just a wall of text, if you decide to put a tone behind it that is your prerogative.
  • As i said in another post, I agree it is a bit of a kick in the balls, but reality is you get a max 1200 tokens a day, shipments refresh 4 times in a 24 hr period (granted you need to log in when it refreshes) but giving you the chance to spend 1600 a day. So if you have 0-400 tokens as we speak this has no effect at all. It only effects people who have stock piled (I have over 5k). I'm really not to annoyed to be honest, ill just start buying two different characters at a time until my stock levels itself out.

Again it is a kick in the balls but I think some people are over reacting. Its a game guys ;)
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It literally changes nothing, you can only get 15 shards a day and you can only spend 20 a day without refreshes
  • On QGJ would you have preferred this option adding new chromium characters and just discontinuing the old. Old chromium characters have to go somewhere otherwise you will just keep getting shards on 7⭐ over and over.

On the Galactic War fix it was broken and got fixed to match the refresh cost of other shipments. It was never intended to use tokens and was bugged. I've never used it as I really don't see the need, but to those who have I believe they deserve a return of tokens.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Do people know some kind of super secret... Secret about GW that I missed? I never refreshed it once and I've focused my spending on one toon at a time. And I'm STILL not drowning in GW tokens.

What's the point of being able to refresh shipments when you can only buy at the very most 2-3 shipments per day anyway?

Some people hoard tokens like gw ones so when a new character is added like qgj was to cantina shipments, they could power their way to obtaining and promoting the new character. At least that's what I think some would be doing, not everyone has need to use shipment tokens at the present time.

I'm guessing this is in preparation for a new character(s) going to be added so people can't do the above scenario without spending lots of crystals ($$$$)
  • Not at all surprised by this and kind of glad they did it. It's to prevent people who have been saving GW tokens for weeks from using them all at once and instantly getting Yoda (or whoever they are putting in the Shard Shop) 7*. I'm not one of those people but I was seriously considering it knowing the Shard Shop was coming. People could instantly have hundreds of extra Lumi shards that could be converted to Yoda shards in the previous model... Now at least it will cost some crystals to do that.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Trebor88 wrote: »
    Not at all surprised by this and kind of glad they did it. It's to prevent people who have been saving GW tokens for weeks from using them all at once and instantly getting Yoda (or whoever they are putting in the Shard Shop) 7*. I'm not one of those people but I was seriously considering it knowing the Shard Shop was coming. People could instantly have hundreds of extra Lumi shards that could be converted to Yoda shards in the previous model... Now at least it will cost some crystals to do that.

If someone wanted to buy excess shards above 7* to spend in some mythical future shard shop, they could have been doing that all along. What would the point be in hoarding for that purpose?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Not at all surprised by this and kind of glad they did it. It's to prevent people who have been saving GW tokens for weeks from using them all at once and instantly getting Yoda (or whoever they are putting in the Shard Shop) 7*. I'm not one of those people but I was seriously considering it knowing the Shard Shop was coming. People could instantly have hundreds of extra Lumi shards that could be converted to Yoda shards in the previous model... Now at least it will cost some crystals to do that.

If someone wanted to buy excess shards above 7* to spend in some mythical future shard shop, they could have been doing that all along. What would the point be in hoarding for that purpose?

To know whether or not it's worth it. If it's Yoda, they instantly purchase the shards and then convert them. If there's nothing good there, or they see the exchange rate is ridiculous/not worth it, they just use the GW tokens as normal.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Makes sense. Well, once again, the regular players get screwed. The whales are already sitting on thousands of excess shards. Though I'm sure they'll come up with some way to gouge them as well.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Makes sense. Well, once again, the regular players get screwed. The whales are already sitting on thousands of excess shards. Though I'm sure they'll come up with some way to gouge them as well.

Haha yes definitely does hurt regular players (including me) more... Still love this game though.
  • Trebor88 wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

To know whether or not it's worth it. If it's Yoda, they instantly purchase the shards and then convert them. If there's nothing good there, or they see the exchange rate is ridiculous/not worth it, they just use the GW tokens as normal.

Then why not wait to when they release the shard shop....
    Two points:

I don't agree.
    It's just business. Farmable qgj is a sound business move as is changing gw reshreshes to crystals. Although not an exploit, the gw shipmenot refreshes were too cheap to do and farming gw heroes were too easy. It's a good move....sucks as I have 10k gw tokens saved up.
  • I understand why they did it.

I don't understand why they didn't give some warning and let people blow their savings first (if they wanted) as they earned those tokens under a specific premise.

I find it feels dirty.

No matter how you justify it. It still feels dirty.

I've never saved any or used the refresh; however, it feels REALLY dirty.

I remember when I first came to these forums and most all posts were positive and upbeat and devs and reps were posting regularly and participating. Now, it's a cesspool and the representatives of CG/EA have all ran and hid under a rock.

That tells me they are doing something VERY wrong if they feel the blowback is so bad they have to run and hide from it instead of resolving it fairly.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »

There is one thing. Even if you spent a few thousands to get 7* tooons. Next time, when new chars come you have to spend the same amount to be competitive. Not an exaggeration, power creeping and repeating shards ensures this. So yeah, old whales will suffer, new whales will dominate. By old I mean 1,2 month old. It s not as lovely being a whale as you might have thought. Unless $20k is a piece of cake to you.
    By the way, does any one actually get Cad Bane in daily or they have decided that I got so many so I dont need them lol.
  • Hey guys! Are U all not tired of complaining constantly, this is bad and that is bad. I'm having great fun playing this game, taking 1st place in arena every day and I see no problems in all that changes. The only thing I find boring is 95% of topics in this forum don't bring any usefull information.
  • Eradicated wrote: »
    Hey guys! Are U all not tired of complaining constantly, this is bad and that is bad. I'm having great fun playing this game, taking 1st place in arena every day and I see no problems in all that changes. The only thing I find boring is 95% of topics in this forum don't bring any usefull information.

So we should put up with whatever they do with game. Sure.

• So we should put up with whatever they do with game. Sure. [/quote]

Nothing's wrong with the game. It's developing and changing. Try to adapt for in a few months all may turn up side down. Crocodile tears will not help to enjoy this game.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hello vocal minority! Although I agree it could have been done differently, the majority of players will just continue playing. Stop having the illusion that with every "minor" change the game will die or they will lose all their customers. Customers come and go daily.
    Besides how should a dev respond to this?
    "Hey guys, GW tokens were too easy to spend and the 10 tokens for refresh is not correct regarding to the other shipments. That's why we changed it."

Insert your backlash here

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Eradicated wrote: »
    Hey guys! Are U all not tired of complaining constantly, this is bad and that is bad. I'm having great fun playing this game, taking 1st place in arena every day and I see no problems in all that changes. The only thing I find boring is 95% of topics in this forum don't bring any usefull information.

Glad you enjoy the game, so do I. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but I will always be vocal about changes in the game whether I think they are good or bad. When the game deserves praise I will give it that, and when I feel like a complaint should be made I will also do that. The stop complaining posts really serve no purpose to the post I made.
  • I didnt even know you could use GW currency to refresh lol I thought it was just like Cantina and Arena. This doesnt bother me at all and GW toons are the easiest to star up. I dont see the problem here. I have already 7* Lumi, Phasma, and Poggle and not interested in any of the otger GW toons anyway.