My pledge, in response to the latest cash grab

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I think it was never intended to refresh with gw tokens.
    I find it amazing that no matter how blatant the change they implement, people somehow manage to retcon on their behalf.
    It was very obviously intended to refresh with GW tokens. Some programmer specifically programmed the refresh window with that currency type, and specifically put in a number that is different from the numbers in the other shipment areas. And it has been that way for at least 2 months, and my guess is going back to soft launch so probably 4 months.
    It definitely was intended, and any claim otherwise is ****.
    So they fixed it.
    Yeah, in the sense of how you fix a dog or cat.
    Anyway, I have already not spent 300 crystals since this update on character shards that I would have spent before. This will eventually add up to spending quite a bit less money. I won't pretend that I'm never going to spend on the game again (unless they continue ruining it far worse than they are even doing now). But it's my small way of saying "I do not like petty cash grabs from billion-dollar companies".

Stop being so angry! Like @Aluxendr said if you spend your hoarded tokens the coming days you'll be on normal schedule in 8 days.
    How "blatant" the change is is just a matter of opinion. Ok so maybe the refresh was intended with tokens, but they can change it when they are planning something different in the future. Maybe some new heroes will arive at the gw shipments and the devs don't want people to upgrade them too fast. Sounds reasonable to me.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Like @Aluxendr said if you spend your hoarded tokens the coming days you'll be on normal schedule in 8 days.
    48 days, unless I start failing GWs. By the time the update gets here, it will be around 2 months.
    Ok so maybe the refresh was intended with tokens, but they can change it when they are planning something different in the future. Maybe some new heroes will arive at the gw shipments and the devs don't want people to upgrade them too fast. Sounds reasonable to me.
    You have every right to that opinion. I obviously disagree. But regardless, it is very obvious that this was not a bug fix, and that's mostly what I was responding to.
    I'm not really that angry about this, even though I can see why it would appear that way. I'm just tired of putting money, time and energy into supporting this game, only to be subjected to petty moves like this one. Every update seems to contain at least one completely unnecessary change that makes the experience worse, while major bugs sit unfixed for months.
    And the CG guys don't even bother to post on their own forums any more, and to take the heat for their unpopular decisions.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    Yup 10 tokens to 50 cystals is ridiculous price

How is this different than any other Shipment area?

Its different because they took the uniqueness out of Gw
    Its a problem because like all the other it cost 50 crystals for only 1 refresh and we only get like 120-180 crystals daily... They are making it more for p2p players
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Also with a new shard exchange coming you could potentially stockpile shares for a toon you already have at seven stars. For that purpose I think the change is justified.

I agree. Those who have stockpile of GW tokens could access the new toons that they would introduce in the GW shipments and in Shard Trade faster than others.
    829-416-931
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Also with a new shard exchange coming you could potentially stockpile shares for a toon you already have at seven stars. For that purpose I think the change is justified.

I agree. Those who have stockpile of GW tokens could access the new toons that they would introduce in the GW shipments and in Shard Trade faster than others.

There are other ways to handle that like putting a limit on how many times per dqy you could refresh
  • Options
    This change happened to me before a month or so ago where the refresh required 50 crystals instead of 10 War Tokens. Then for some reason it reverted back to 10 War Tokens for a refresh the next day. Hopefully this time will be the same case.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Still waiting for a rational explanation for why this is such a huge problem. Saving tokens means we are foregoing unlocking and starring up characters for weeks. This is a trade-off, and it's a gamble since we don't even know if anything good will be introduced.
    Before the level cap someone saved up 30,000 energy and got to level 70 the day it was increased. He gave up a lot of free energy refills to do it. It was a trade-off and a choice. No different.
    As others have said, they could have slowed down refills in ways other than changing to crystals. This was a cash grab, pure and simple.
  • Options
    This change happened to me before a month or so ago where the refresh required 50 crystals instead of 10 War Tokens. Then for some reason it reverted back to 10 War Tokens for a refresh the next day. Hopefully this time will be the same case.

I doubt it since this time its in the update notes
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I feel bad @Qeltar to see this all occurring as it has because I know you love the game and are passionate about it, part of why you speak out, just as I do. Sadly, our words are falling upon deaf ears and while we may not have all the answers, we are willing to come to the table and discuss things.

The saddest thing will be if the day comes where you've had it and you step away, as many people have already. Your input here in the forum brings balance and not seeing you here won't make the place the same.

As each day passes and the screw-ups mount, I'm so happy I decided Day 1 to not spend a dime on this and if I had spent like so many P2P players did, only to get this half-baked beta/release candidate product in return, I'd be much more upset about it all. I also understand that you pay into the game to speed up the process and that's fine by me, but I can relate to your emotions on this when money is involved.

I've spoken to EA_Jesse about many things and in most cases, I haven't felt like I got heard or understood at all, although there have been some incidents as of late where I was heard and that is a great improvement. When a player like myself contacts EA Jesse or FashionFett, it's out of love for the game. It's like seeing a car accident happen in slow motion, if you don't try to warn the parties involved that an accident is going to occur, you'll in essence be part of the problem.

I do appreciate @FashionFett and the work he's put in to assist me when attempting contact with EA_Jesse becomes difficult. It's becoming very apparent to me that the team that was constructed to build this game and support issues is certainly not ready to handle it. You'd figure EA would put it's top team on such a big money game like this as prices are so high and the profit potential is so great, but I guess every company can't always make the best decisions on what is "best for business".....
    Post edited by ioniancat21 on
  • Options
    -Update-

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8961/game-update-1-28-2016/p6

-- Please take a look concerning Galatic War Shipment's redemption method at previous costs for one week--

FashionFett.
  • Options
    Hey all -

Please see the post I just added to the official update thread. We're going to temporarily revert the change for a week starting this Monday.

This change was never motivated by anything than to fix the bug where this Shipments used the wrong currency. All the other ones use Crystals, and this one was meant to all along.

During the week, feel free to use your tokens for refreshing the GW Shipments as much as you desire.

However, the bug fix will go back into effect the following Monday.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hey all -

Please see the post I just added to the official update thread. We're going to temporarily revert the change for a week starting this Monday.

This change was never motivated by anything than to fix the bug where this Shipments used the wrong currency. All the other ones use Crystals, and this one was meant to all along.

During the week, feel free to use your tokens for refreshing the GW Shipments as much as you desire.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Cheers! Good solution to the problem.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Meh to me this is trivial and i didnt even know they had done it lol.
    Basically it sounds like you all were trying to plan for something that was unknown and not guaranteed and when they thwarted your planning, you got upset.
    (Not you Qeltar, you as in all those uoset by this change)
    Perhaps thats too harsh a generalization but the fact is, they can/will change some things from time to time (we know/knew this) You can plan ahead or not but eitherway it was your decision and you must live with the consequences of said decision weather the result be favorable or not.
    I highly suggest not attempting to hoard tokens if you cant afford the price to refresh to get the original desired result. This isnt difficult nor is it a big deal. Pay the price to execute your plan or not. The decision is yours but whatever you decide, live with it an dont blame he devs.

Best of luck tho
  • Options
    Congrats. Want a cookie?
  • Options
    Whenever a game "forces" you to pay money $s to progress....it's a hint to stop playing that game.

But then folks like me who only follow f2p mode...we got no issues with these changes.
    F2P players are not addicts and slaves to the game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    We're going to temporarily revert the change for a week starting this
    Thank you for doing this. It's of little use to me but I'm sure others will appreciate it.
    I commented on this in the other thread so I won't do so here as well.
  • Options
    Hey all -

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Bug LOL.
  • Options
    Nice attempt at spin there fella.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    What a great gesture. Thanks John!
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was gonna buy the $200 Kylo bundle with the black guy in it. But after reading this idk... I feel like its a bad idea.

Is EA a bad company?
    Or is it CG that is a bad company...
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    They design these games to get you to make purchases if you like them. The people making these games work for a company and that company needs to make a profit to pay its employees. If you disagree why don't you go to work tomorrow and tell your boss or customers your services are now free.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I was gonna buy the $200 Kylo bundle with the black guy in it. But after reading this idk... I feel like its a bad idea.

Is EA a bad company?

You don't have to buy the bundle to get the "black" guy. You can farm him and pretty soon many others that you could only buy before. I don't know about CG or EA but I like what the devs are doing here. If they were so terrible and only catering to whales why would they give us characters for free and also allow us to farm them without cash?

They need to be profitable and they need to develope the game and from my perspective they appear to be doing both. If they want to change GW awards because they are making a new shard trade in store and because they are allowing us to farm "chromium" toons then more power to them.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    They design these games to get you to make purchases if you like them. The people making these games work for a company and that company needs to make a profit to pay its employees. If you disagree why don't you go to work tomorrow and tell your boss or customers your services are now free.
    If my company treated our customers the way gaming companies treat theirs, we would have gone out of business before we even got started. "Oh, sorry we still haven't fixed those major bugs that have been impeding you for the last 2 months, but we have instead rolled out a price increase." Sure.
    One of the fundamentals of good business is that you build goodwill and protect it at all costs, and you don't sacrifice it for short-term profits. Except in the gaming industry, it seems.
    I'm perfectly happy to spend $ on this game, even more than any sane person should spend on a game. I just want to be treated with respect and not be nickled-and-dimed with something new every week. It's not too much to ask... again, except in the gaming industry, it seems.
    The game is already on the top grossing charts. This change was made now for one reason and one reason only: to make more money. They decided to trade goodwill for incremental profits, and they've gotten the predictable result.
  • Options
    Now they're just messing with my mind...

Add more stars to my team next week or wait till update?

@Qeltar Thoughts?

The funny thing is that my A-Team hits top 5 in Arena and I stop at 6-stars... The 7th star doesn't do that much when the other guy's FOTP is doing 10k damage.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Is EA a bad company?

You don't have to buy the bundle to get the "black" guy. You can farm him and pretty soon many others that you could only buy before. I don't know about CG or EA but I like what the devs are doing here. If they were so terrible and only catering to whales why would they give us characters for free and also allow us to farm them without cash?

They need to be profitable and they need to develope the game and from my perspective they appear to be doing both. If they want to change GW awards because they are making a new shard trade in store and because they are allowing us to farm "chromium" toons then more power to them.

This guy is a mark.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Mizo wrote: »
    If my company treated our customers the way gaming companies treat theirs, we would have gone out of business before we even got started. "Oh, sorry we still haven't fixed those major bugs that have been impeding you for the last 2 months, but we have instead rolled out a price increase." Sure.
    One of the fundamentals of good business is that you build goodwill and protect it at all costs, and you don't sacrifice it for short-term profits. Except in the gaming industry, it seems.
    I'm perfectly happy to spend $ on this game, even more than any sane person should spend on a game. I just want to be treated with respect and not be nickled-and-dimed with something new every week. It's not too much to ask... again, except in the gaming industry, it seems.
    The game is already on the top grossing charts. This change was made now for one reason and one reason only: to make more money. They decided to trade goodwill for incremental profits, and they've gotten the predictable result.

It is because we as consumers have far less spending power than larger entities such as businesses or government. We are talking a loss of on average hundreds of dollars vs millions.

We are small fish so they could care less. They lie to our faces and treat us like we are dumb. They would kick us and then ask us to thank then for the pleasure of being kicked by them. It also doesn't help that you have people who don't know what they are even talking about praising them.

The real problem is that if we want to play a star wars game we are stuck with them for the next 10 years.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @d3gauss - Yep, always choices, we have. Here the choice is, what is offered, we must play, or without, we must do.
    Now they're just messing with my mind...

Add more stars to my team next week or wait till update?

@Qeltar Thoughts?
    No idea. I'm sitting on 20k tokens. I have a 3* IG-86 at level 40ish and a 4* Poggle I just unlocked. I suppose I could make a DPS team, I do have a decentish GS (high level, 5*) and a FOTP (squishy). No Poe. And I don't want to make a team like that.
    It costs 2.5 million credits to level a new character, and thousands of droids. I'm not going to do it just to use up GW tokens.
    I'll probably just sit on them and hope something interesting is added. Meanwhile they pile up.
  • Options
    I started reading this thread and got about a page and a half before I got fed up with reading cry and whine. Can someone give me a quick summary on the rest of the thread please?

People who were holding tokens were running a strategy that they thought could put them in front if (IF) new characters are issued and if (IF) they are better than the existing.

I'm running a strategy of 7* Poe asap and am ignoring QGJ in cantina shipments. If my gamble ****s up and they nerf Poe, I'm gonna accept I backed the wrong horse and move on to another strategy. I think hoarders of GW credits should stop acting like pre-pubescent children and similarly move on with less cry. You gambled and lost that particular bet.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Monkeyman wrote: »
    I started reading this thread and got about a page and a half before I got fed up with reading cry and whine.
    I felt the same way after the first sentence of your post.
    Monkeyman wrote: »
    Can someone give me a quick summary on the rest of the thread please?
    Please contact me via PM for my rate sheet.
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What's complete garbage is the price jump in crystal packs. How do you go from $65 Canadian to $80 Canadian for a pack? Where's the justification there exactly?