Galactic War Guide - [Team Instinct]

2Next

Replies

• Options
    yea just saw a box that says my comment will appear after it is approved. Must be something with the image link deal and not my bad attitude.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options
    SteelersCA wrote: »
    Ok, so I went through your video and it has some really good stuff in it as you probably already know. But here are my thoughts:

1.) You have at least 7 lvl 70, 7* toons in your well and you didn't face any teams over level 65 for the entire GW. That is not even close to what most are facing these days. I have only 3 toons at 7 lvl 70, 7* and I am facing maxed out squads on node 3. Any squad lvl 70 player could get through what you had to contend with. Expecting to see how you would fair against a maxed out team of Phasma, Sid, GS, Dooku/Poggle, and Kylo. I am certain you know what you are doing and would be fine, but would like to see that battle.

2.) Would like more explanation on the Jawa and would QGJ be a better fit with his two power attacks and then main attack. I assume you are using the Jawa as he is an average DPS guy and you want that for the burst phase and stabilization phase to reset cool downs on your heals. Some more explanation there would be appreciated.

3. I like the 5555's selection but would like to see alternative toons suggested for both Jawa and 5555 as many F2P may not have them unlocked and leveled the way you do. How would IG-86, GS, QGJ, Dooku, Daka do as replacements for them.

4. Would like to see other team strategies employed w/o Barris as she cannot be unlocked until lvl 69, so for F2P peeps they would not have her until late and that is a lot of time to be getting your butt handed to you. So perhaps if you have an alt on team instinct that is around say level 45-65. 50-55 would be nice and maybe one at 60.

Other than that a great vid, well thought out, put together and very succinct. Lots of good stuff in there, nice work.

I agree that the opponents on that particular day were less challenging than what often appears.

To answer your question about characters, yes--the only reason I used jawa was that he is an easily farmable character. He is not one of my best characters, but is very easy to farm between cantina and hard battles.

I agree that there are tons of characters that I would use before jawa. AS you mentioned, IG-86 is also a great choice as he has great burst with his crits and his assist. Dooku is also great because most people run sid, who will usually start with an AOE attack. Since he is usually the first one you will kill anyway, his AOE means dooku gets a free hit or two on him.

I can see your point about Barriss being slow to achieve. I will say this though--she is a great character and I would encourage people to farm her if they are having trouble with GW. I find her leadership to be very effective both at GW and also in the campaign missions.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Great guide. For level 70s.

Although granted, these are all valid tips that are useful no matter what level your toons are.

However, it wouldn't have helped me today when the team I faced on node 8 were 13-18 levels higher (I'm lvl 51) than me and had a combined pwr level about 55% higher than mine...
  • Options
    @Rheen thanks for the response. Looking forward to seeing what else you guys can come up with. Today I started facing maxed out 7* on node 2. Ughhhhhh. Almost have Barriss unlocked. Another day or two to go.

Thanks again.
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Rheen Ok so I got Barriss unlocked and she is a potential game changer in GW. I am running:

Barriss 4*(Lead)
    QGJ 5*
    Lumi 7*
    JC 5*
    Daka 5*

All are level 70 with max gear and most of the mat slots filled. JC, Daka, and Barris need a few more purples a piece to max out.

I have been able to get through the first 6 nodes running this team and then finish with my A PVP squad, suicide squads and sacrificing POE on a tough node to get through. Still have some PVP stuff to max before I can get back to Barriss and work her up a bit more, but this set up seams to be working currently.

However, who knows with the way this game is. For all I know tomorrow I will face max 70's from the first node on.

And for anyone from EA/CG that might be reading this....THIS GAME WAS WAY BETTER BACK IN JANUARY BEFORE YOU STARTED NERFING EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN. (Except for POE). WHY DON'T ALL OF YOU TAKE A WELL EARNED VACATION FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS. YOU'VE EARNED IT. SEE YA IN 24 MONTHS.

P.S. OK, so that didn't last long. GW IS STILL A UNMITIGATED DISASTER BY THESE TOOLS! THANKS FOR RUINING THE BEST PART OF THE GAME!
    Post edited by SteelersCA on
  • Fearless
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I won GW every time until I reached level 55. Now my opponents are level 60 - level 67. This is not a challenge, this is impossible. This is taking all the fun out of the game.
  • Options
    Fearless wrote: »
    I won GW every time until I reached level 55. Now my opponents are level 60 - level 67. This is not a challenge, this is impossible. This is taking all the fun out of the game.

+1TRIL
  • Options
    Was going ok and now they've screwed up the match making for the last two days. Barely getting halfway through now.