QoL Improvements

So I play a lot of this type of mobile game and Star Wars is my favorite but it is probably the least player friendly so I had a few quality of life ideas taken from other games.

1. Let me see what is needed at the next gear tier for a character. I shouldn't have to go to the internet to find out what a character needs at the next gear level.

2. If I have the resources, let the "upgrade" button equip all gear and level character (if needed) to next gear tier.

3. Give me an option to buy 10x data cards. Doing 5k ally points 250 at a time takes too long

4. Give me a free Chromium pull every 2-3 days. Every other game I play gives me one every 48 hours, since this is Star Wars I'll settle for 72.

5. Balance out gear for characters. I understand the idea of stun guns/cuffs, but every character shouldn't need a stun cuff while I have 1000+ of other items that rarely are needed.

6. Look at shipment pricing for some items. Why can I buy a 20 piece halo projector for 300crystals but a 20 pc mk4 stun gun is 1400. Make it uniform so each salvage is 15 crystals. So a 50 item stun gun is 750, same as a 50 item medpac, instead of double the price it is currently. This just screams cash grab to me

7. Let the daily crystal pack be for 30days. At $11.99 it is by far the most expensive daily pack in the games I play and lasts 9 days less.

8. Put gear in arena, gw, and cantina shipments. GW they made relevant again for me by adding ships but let me buy salvage pieces with arena/cantina points like they do for fleet/guild shipments. Id even settle for the 20pc items like halo projectors.

This are my ideas, hopefully it didn't just come off as a rant about how I want more stuff for free.

Replies

• 9. allow mods to be saved as mod sets, so you can quick assign groups of mods on a toon without having to search for them and do them individually
  • Prey for august comming soon.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I like your first 3 suggestions, but the rest aren't really quality-of-life suggestions; they really alter gameplay significantly.
    QOL is something that makes the game easier to play without changing gameplay. Such as: I'd love to be able to filter my roster by category in GW. I spend a lot of time searching though that 2-column roster list in the first 5 nodes.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Draw4wild wrote: »
    So I play a lot of this type of mobile game and Star Wars is my favorite but it is probably the least player friendly so I had a few quality of life ideas taken from other games.

1. Let me see what is needed at the next gear tier for a character. I shouldn't have to go to the internet to find out what a character needs at the next gear level.

2. If I have the resources, let the "upgrade" button equip all gear and level character (if needed) to next gear tier.

3. Give me an option to buy 10x data cards. Doing 5k ally points 250 at a time takes too long

4. Give me a free Chromium pull every 2-3 days. Every other game I play gives me one every 48 hours, since this is Star Wars I'll settle for 72.

5. Balance out gear for characters. I understand the idea of stun guns/cuffs, but every character shouldn't need a stun cuff while I have 1000+ of other items that rarely are needed.

6. Look at shipment pricing for some items. Why can I buy a 20 piece halo projector for 300crystals but a 20 pc mk4 stun gun is 1400. Make it uniform so each salvage is 15 crystals. So a 50 item stun gun is 750, same as a 50 item medpac, instead of double the price it is currently. This just screams cash grab to me

7. Let the daily crystal pack be for 30days. At $11.99 it is by far the most expensive daily pack in the games I play and lasts 9 days less.

8. Put gear in arena, gw, and cantina shipments. GW they made relevant again for me by adding ships but let me buy salvage pieces with arena/cantina points like they do for fleet/guild shipments. Id even settle for the 20pc items like halo projectors.

This are my ideas, hopefully it didn't just come off as a rant about how I want more stuff for free.

I liked your ideas especially the last one/8/ but some of them won't happen. Like you said in the last one they should put some gear in these shipments. If you are not good enough in Rancor, gearing the toons won't be easy for you.
  • I agree with the guy above me. These aren't all QOL changes. And #4 was just laughable. I do agree with #5 for sure though. There are a couple of gear pieces in high demand and then like 80 pieces that we all have hundreds or thousands of.
  • Hell yes cosign the gear thing. It's such a bottleneck. Everyone in my guild requesting the same **** stuff, and all of us sitting on thousands of pieces that are useless.

Every other game in its right mind would give you a way to sell them or combine them into something better for some kind of diminishing return. SORT THIS NONSENSE OUT.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I like your first 3 suggestions, but the rest aren't really quality-of-life suggestions; they really alter gameplay significantly.
    QOL is something that makes the game easier to play without changing gameplay. Such as: I'd love to be able to filter my roster by category in GW. I spend a lot of time searching though that 2-column roster list in the first 5 nodes.

To add to that, I'd love to see a TM bar in GW before putting them into a match. Wouldn't alter gameplay, would just allow me to see who would go first if I switch up my characters without going in and retreating 5 times.
  • The gear in arena/GW/cantina is a bad idea. Arena and cantina are needed for certain characters and can get something besides shards. GW is the biggest no no because it is a must for ships.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    1). It's suppose to be a suprise!

2). Won't happen. Too many "I didn't mean to equip that" issues. Is it really that much of a problem? It's kind of fun upgrading the character IMO.

3). No argument there, but I'd push for a more expensive pack. 25k of junk at once is still junk.

4).Lol, one can dream.

5). This is somewhat purposeful to create value of specific items. I think it's a little extreme though.

6). I don't claim to understand their shipment pricing. It doesn't make business or logical sense to me.

7). This just comes across as I want more! Won't happen without a significant price bump.

8). Once again, certain items are intended to be rare and difficult to get. They've already addressed this in fleet shipments anyway. You're just asking them to double down on that idea.

As some have already said, these really aren't QOL suggestions. These are more give me more stuff for playing and let me upgrade quicker.

QOL improvmemts I'd like to see...
    1). An inventory screen (even the one that previously existed without the ability to sell would be fine).

2). Better Mod Management Pages
    - selling mods
    - filtering for specific mods
    - custom groupings of mods

3). Be able to create preset teams (e.g. Rancor P1, Arena, GW, AAT Tank P3)

4). Daily energy used on Home screen

5). Oh and almost forgot, fix the daily guild activity coin counter! People using Excel or having people do screenshots is rediculous to keep track of 600 daily coin contribution
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    To add to that, I'd love to see a TM bar in GW before putting them into a match. Wouldn't alter gameplay, would just allow me to see who would go first if I switch up my characters without going in and retreating 5 times.

Yep, I've suggested that in the Feedback forums as well. It's such a fundamental part of GW. However, I meant is as a point to demonstrate QoL vs. fundamental gameplay changes.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Mod organization and application... drives me batty i cant see mods equipped next to unequipped mods.

A gear lotto system...

Bounty/Contracts Boards

So theres 3 daily story/bounty missions that rotate daily. These give you reputation, and this is how you unlock the boards and nodes.

(maybe reputation is aquired by guild to unlock nodes and ally points used to do the individual nodes on the board once unlocked by guild)

(Make these story/bountys accessable at say lv 50 so players can start gathering reputation)

So the board is setup like gw/ls/ds with different nodes increasing the payout as levels progress of the following... (brainstorming)

Board 1
    1.)Credits
    2.)Ship credits
    3.)Guild shop tokens
    4.)Ship shop tokens
    5.)Arena tokens
    6.)Galactic war tokens

Board 2
    7.)Shard shop tokens
    8.)Unobtainiums (maybe a low drop rate for a few pieces)
    9.)Ship hardware (you know its coming)
    10.)Gems! (A small amount)
    11.)Ally points
    12.)? Tba

Okay heres the kicker!
    You have 3 chances daily, pending reputation/ap available (PERIOD) which node you clear is your choice, 3 different ones or same one. No refresh beyond 3. No retries. You lose, that is still one of your 3 tries gone. So access is limited by what you have in your roster, and NOBODY can do any node more than 3 times a day and those get harder for each daily repeat!

Now keep in mind this board is gonna be insanely difficult...even more so if you try to repeat a node. This board is designed with level caped players that have several teams g10+ in mind. (But a toned down, less rewarding beginer board should be available if reputation accumlation is guild orientated)

This also perfect way to make use of your allys as 6th squad member or as a forced ally in repeats.
    (Heck some repeats of same node might include addition prerequisites like "must use CUP" or "ugnaught must survive"...you get idea)

Now again these rewards are pure, just the aforementioned categories...and you must clear one each node (once) to gain access to next one. (Or not) This can be incorporated into the guilds by making reputation something accumulated by the guild to unlock the reward nodes, or boards and then individual players use ally points to do the individual nodes.

*shoot, the nodes unlocked by guild via reputation can be reset weekly, monthly etc, or different periods of time pending guild size*

Each board (maybe intro a intro board with just say 3 nodes so players under lv 85 can get a feel for the end game big boy board that you unlock at lv 85) is same as previous but gives a increased amount of payout/access to types of node rewards.

You could even introduce limited time event boards as well...where you can unlock unique characters! This will give f2p/p2p both a chance at new things. And these limited time event boards would feature refreshs, but limited amounts of them, giving p2p an edge. But slightly.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Mod organization and application... drives me batty i cant see mods equipped next to unequipped mods.

A gear lotto system...

Bounty/Contracts Boards

So theres 3 daily story/bounty missions that rotate daily. These give you reputation, and this is how you unlock the boards and nodes.

(maybe reputation is aquired by guild to unlock nodes and ally points used to do the individual nodes on the board once unlocked by guild)

(Make these story/bountys accessable at say lv 50 so players can start gathering reputation)

So the board is setup like gw/ls/ds with different nodes increasing the payout as levels progress of the following... (brainstorming)

Board 1
    1.)Credits
    2.)Ship credits
    3.)Guild shop tokens
    4.)Ship shop tokens
    5.)Arena tokens
    6.)Galactic war tokens

Board 2
    7.)Shard shop tokens
    8.)Unobtainiums (maybe a low drop rate for a few pieces)
    9.)Ship hardware (you know its coming)
    10.)Gems! (A small amount)
    11.)Ally points
    12.)? Tba

Okay heres the kicker!
    You have 3 chances daily, pending reputation/ap available (PERIOD) which node you clear is your choice, 3 different ones or same one. No refresh beyond 3. No retries. You lose, that is still one of your 3 tries gone. So access is limited by what you have in your roster, and NOBODY can do any node more than 3 times a day and those get harder for each daily repeat!

Now keep in mind this board is gonna be insanely difficult...even more so if you try to repeat a node. This board is designed with level caped players that have several teams g10+ in mind. (But a toned down, less rewarding beginer board should be available if reputation accumlation is guild orientated)

This also perfect way to make use of your allys as 6th squad member or as a forced ally in repeats.
    (Heck some repeats of same node might include addition prerequisites like "must use CUP" or "ugnaught must survive"...you get idea)

Now again these rewards are pure, just the aforementioned categories...and you must clear one each node (once) to gain access to next one. (Or not) This can be incorporated into the guilds by making reputation something accumulated by the guild to unlock the reward nodes, or boards and then individual players use ally points to do the individual nodes.

*shoot, the nodes unlocked by guild via reputation can be reset weekly, monthly etc, or different periods of time pending guild size*

Each board (maybe intro a intro board with just say 3 nodes so players under lv 85 can get a feel for the end game big boy board that you unlock at lv 85) is same as previous but gives a increased amount of payout/access to types of node rewards.

You could even introduce limited time event boards as well...where you can unlock unique characters! This will give f2p/p2p both a chance at new things. And these limited time event boards would feature refreshs, but limited amounts of them, giving p2p an edge. But slightly.

I like the idea of a bounty board and the caveats with choosing your battles. It could be a lot of fun. However, if they do, they should condense GW into like 4 nodes with the same total rewards as there is currently (gradually increasing levels).