Can you still get an easy last node of GW?

Prev1
Is it still possible to get a very easy last node of GW? I keep getting teams I have to throw 15 - 20 characters at and can't make a dent.

Replies

• scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Yes
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yes
    Thanks for the very informative reply.

How?

• I do but I don't know how I still get it
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Yes

How?

It just shows up. No one knows how it works. There are many guesses but nothing confirmed.

So the simple and most informative answer is yes. If you want the theories search the forums they are out there.
  • Has to do with toon power. Just keep upgrading your toons and you'll get there eventually.
  • I've heard its once you get an arena power over 45000. Since my arena power got above 45000, I more often than not got the cupcake on node 12. Node 11 is usually pretty hardcore though.
  • MilMuertes wrote: »
    I've heard its once you get an arena power over 45000. Since my arena power got above 45000, I more often than not got the cupcake on node 12. Node 11 is usually pretty hardcore though.
    My arena team has been at 46,090 for weeks. No cupcakes for me.
  • Here is what I've noticed. If i have a hard lay node i just reset. And then the next day the last node should be easier. I feel it goes off of how you did the night before
  • Team power is bogus theory...my top 5 have 53k power and last two nodes have easy greens for me since August...before i broke 50k power.

I have no clue what drives war anymore...

But 1st 6th 9th nodes all have max lv g10+ teams and other nodes (excluding last two) are lv75+ g9+ squads.

Honestly since august...wars have been a breeze...i have had a few, chaze/zeta barris/gk nodes that i may have lost a toon or two on. But that was b4 i learnt how to deal with them.

If anything...i think war difficulty may have something to do with how many of your toons die...just an idea though.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Team power is bogus theory...my top 5 have 53k power and last two nodes have easy greens for me since August...before i broke 50k power.

But 1st 6th 9th nodes all have max lv g10+ teams and other nodes (excluding last two) are lv75+ g9+ squads.

Honestly since august...wars have been a breeze...i have had a few, chaze/zeta barris/gk nodes that i may have lost a toon or two on. But that was b4 i learnt how to deal with them.

If anything...i think war difficulty may have something to do with how many of your toons die...just an idea though.

I feel like I still believe the power idea. Based on feedback in our guild 47k seems to be the line to get the 12th easy node. I'm in the 50k range and still only have the single easy node. I'd suspect somewhere between 50k and where you are at 53k lies the line for the double easy nodes.

As far as having easy nodes since august, Keep in mind the highest possible power has slid higher over time with toons like shoretrooper and they even did a re-balancing of character power back in the fall as well. At 53k power, you are higher than anyone I've seen in my guild or pvp leaderboard so I would guess you would have been much higher than us a few months ago too lol. If I've had an easy node since august, it doesn't surprise me much that you, at 3k+ more power have had 2 for just as long!
  • My arena power is 35 k and iv been really bored with GW lately, usually my B team can run through it
  • i'm with you about running through GW. the last node usually takes me a second try to finish a few remaining toons but i'm completing 1-2 a day.
  • I noticed when I first started playing that if I upgraded all my toons equally and not one or two squads to there full potential that I lost all the time
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    It is definitely based on your highest arena power in a victory, I lost my easy node 12 a couple weeks back so I put in a team of my 5 highest power bros and now I have an easy node 11 and 12. But remember you have to actually win the arena fight for it to fight your new power, I'm not sure what the cutoff is but mine is at 53313 and I have an easy 11/12
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Team power is bogus theory...my top 5 have 53k power and last two nodes have easy greens for me since August...before i broke 50k power.

You have to remember that in August we didn't have the level cap increase yet so there was a limit to the amount of power toons had. So 47k back then would essentially be the same as 53k today and that would explain why your GW has been easy the whole time. GW picks your opponents in GW using a multiplier of your highest arena power, so 11 could be *1.1 and 12 *1.15 so once you reach the point where that level of power for an opponent isn't possible you get the CG generated teams that are all blue and green
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    It is definitely based on your highest arena power in a victory, I lost my easy node 12 a couple weeks back so I put in a team of my 5 highest power bros and now I have an easy node 11 and 12. But remember you have to actually win the arena fight for it to fight your new power, I'm not sure what the cutoff is but mine is at 53313 and I have an easy 11/12

I just can't buy it, I have had one since I was running droids. Got it when my arena power less than 38k... everyone said it has to be over 40k.... so I think it is all conjecture.

Being that people see the same hard node team and multiple people will see the same person, maybe there is some background (Local) grouping we don't know about. We "know" it's base on having a calculated power higher then a certain #, maybe this is relative to your local grouping.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yes

How?

You asked a yes/no question he answered. If you wanted more should have added "if so, how"

As he said in his other reply much speculation. The one I believe is it is based off the power of your top 5 and I think Node 12 is supposed to be 125%(I may be wrong) of your power. Some of us have a top 5 power characters that it simply is not possible to get 125% so it causes the easy node.

This is what I believe, because again, if I'm not wroing I think node 11 is supposed to be 110%, that is doable for most with mods. I was, for a long time, getting easy 11 and 12, but brutal 4-10.

This is just a theory, but it makes some sense
  • Pcx99
    399 posts Member
    Go to your guild page and the manage table, click the middle sort by number and select arena power. This is the number GW uses to find a match. At about 49k power, node 12 bugs out, at about 50-52 node 11 will bug out as well and about 54k node nine will bug out.

The actual formula seems to be a combination of your level, your 5 most powerful characters in your inventory and the five highest power toons you won a GW match with. This based on observations as I leveled to 85 where when I leveled I would lose my bugged nodes until I sent in the highest power toons ( regardless of whether or not I had put more gear on them ) and won a match. Also verified by guild mates who sent in their most powerful toons into arena and won a match.

Easiest way to get the target numbers is to put protection on all the mod slots ( including arrow ), then either having a guild mate give you a super easy team so you can register the win or just let your rank fall until you can get a team four tanks and fives can win. Once you win and your number in the guild manage tab reflects your target number you can put any team you like back into the arena and reclaim your rank. You next GW should have the bugged nodes.

Be warned that once bugged, it can't be undone and those three formerly hard nodes were good practice for tournaments. The other nine nodes will be slightly harder but you will not get the crazy impossible teams on 12, 11 or 9 ( depending on how high you wratcheted up your arena power ).

The gimme bugged teams are a long standing bug and it's probably been left in to reward players who have beat this aspect of the game because hard GW on a daily basis isn't exactly the most fun thing about the game for most people.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I just can't buy it, I have had one since I was running droids. Got it when my arena power less than 38k... everyone said it has to be over 40k.... so I think it is all conjecture.

Being that people see the same hard node team and multiple people will see the same person, maybe there is some background (Local) grouping we don't know about. We "know" it's base on having a calculated power higher then a certain #, maybe this is relative to your local grouping.

Please read my next post for an explanation as to why you had before with lower power.

You have to remember that in August we didn't have the level cap increase yet so there was a limit to the amount of power toons had. So 47k back then would essentially be the same as 53k today and that would explain why your GW has been easy the whole time. GW picks your opponents in GW using a multiplier of your highest arena power, so 11 could be *1.1 and 12 *1.15 so once you reach the point where that level of power for an opponent isn't possible you get the CG generated teams that are all blue and green

• Loose_Lee wrote: »

Many theorize it's arena power instead of top 5 toons. Don't know how that will change it for you.
  • I have a theory I'm trying out. I'm level 85, lots of max toons, high gear, etc.

I typically run EP, Vader, Barris, Boba, and I'll throw in someone else depending on my mood. Anyway - all of these toons are pretty much maxed out except for zetas.

So I decided I wanted to switch out some of my guys and decided to go full Empire and am now running EP, Vader, Tarkin, Shore and TFP. EP, Vader, Tarkin all maxed out - TFP is 6* (g8) and Shore is 4* (g8). My overall power dropped significantly and to be honest, I've been walking through GW since I did it.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Mewingloki wrote: »

I feel like I still believe the power idea. Based on feedback in our guild 47k seems to be the line to get the 12th easy node. I'm in the 50k range and still only have the single easy node. I'd suspect somewhere between 50k and where you are at 53k lies the line for the double easy nodes.

As far as having easy nodes since august, Keep in mind the highest possible power has slid higher over time with toons like shoretrooper and they even did a re-balancing of character power back in the fall as well. At 53k power, you are higher than anyone I've seen in my guild or pvp leaderboard so I would guess you would have been much higher than us a few months ago too lol. If I've had an easy node since august, it doesn't surprise me much that you, at 3k+ more power have had 2 for just as long!

You do realize that that 53k was 5 of highest power not arena team power.?

Look at roster sort by power, think it already does this, add up power of first 5 characters in first row.
  • I am only level 73 and things are probably going to change but I always had cupcakes of GW. Usually I don't lose any toons. And while I rank high in my arena I don't have a lot of Power, I am surrounded by players up to 3k more. What I do have is many developed toons so maybe that's a factor.
  • My regular arena team has about 46k. I always had a hard node 12.
    I once put clones in arena and won a battle or two. Their arena power is over 47k. Ever since, i get an easy node 12.

It s definitely highest winning arena power. If it s too high, he finds no match for node 12, and you get the easy team.

For node 12, he looks for teams of 120% of your power (or something like that). In my case this means there is no team with 56k power found to fight against.
  • Pcx99 wrote: »

The actual formula seems to be a combination of your level, your 5 most powerful characters in your inventory and the five highest power toons you won a GW match with.

I tracked my GW opponent power rankings for a couple of weeks at the end of June 2016 and noted that each node was a consistent % based on the midpoint between my top 5 characters in my inventory and my most powerful arena team that I had registered a win with (Node 9 = 100%; Node 11 = 105% and Node 2 = 115%)

I can't imagine the devs have strayed too far from this formula, although I do think they have introduced a random element also. This is anecdotal though, based on the fact that I have experienced an alternating easy/hard node 12 sequence without making any changes to my characters.
  • However GW picks the squads, I'm not really sure. But I'm pretty sure you see a squishy last node is because that was the last GW team that player used. So if they got smacked down and had to clean up with a B-team -- that's the team you face in GW. I've seen some weird GW faceoffs and I think that's the reason.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    However GW picks the squads, I'm not really sure. But I'm pretty sure you see a squishy last node is because that was the last GW team that player used. So if they got smacked down and had to clean up with a B-team -- that's the team you face in GW. I've seen some weird GW faceoffs and I think that's the reason.

No it's not GW teams and I don't think you understand what kind of easy team we're talking about.

It's teams like this
    sjCH7Ke.jpg
  • To OP's Q: YES. I've had 3 Zeta teams in the past 3-4 weeks and have beaten 2/3 (Vador Z was too much). Sometimes quite easy and sometimes quite hard. After getting EP, TF, shore, I can easily beat wiggs teams. But if there's an EP team with TFP and RG, I many times have to go to my backup toons.

All in all I don't enjoy GW at all. It is the dullest part of my whole day and I find absolutely no fun in it.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    However GW picks the squads, I'm not really sure. But I'm pretty sure you see a squishy last node is because that was the last GW team that player used. So if they got smacked down and had to clean up with a B-team -- that's the team you face in GW. I've seen some weird GW faceoffs and I think that's the reason.

No it's not GW teams and I don't think you understand what kind of easy team we're talking about.

It's teams like this
    sjCH7Ke.jpg

That day they were all like that was a bug when they fixed Barriss. I think whenever you see those teams of all 3 star toons something is wrong with the way GW is grabbing nodes. When I played through 2 sets of GW (24 nodes total) that day and every node was like that and all the Arena ranks went blank, I mean, that was a problem..
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • It gets easy as you increase the power of your top 5 characters. As it goes up, the easier it gets. You can even get an easy node 11. Usually that makes node 9 your hardest then, but that is okay.