Vader or Barriss zeta? Run droids for GW + Arena and Raids

I use for all modes:
HK-47 Lead
IG-88
B2

GW starts of with Luminara as well as IG-86, but obviously Lumi would be swapped out with a Zeta Barriss.
Arena uses K-S2O and Jawa Engineer So I most likely wouldnt swap anyone out and thus stay where I'm at.
Raids use IG-86 and Geo Soldier, but I have a passable empire team with a 8188 pwr Vader.

Severely conflicted on utilizing Barriss to complete GW since its less than 50% chance I can beat it daily now vs almost guaranteeing I'm #1 in all my raids (usually 3rd or sometimes 2nd now).

Any thoughts at best value?

If it matter I won't have zeta mats anytime soon after I use them as i'll be farming my ships after this.

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• Barriss zeta requires a General Kenobi lead in order to be truly viable. Without him, Fives doesn't get the defense boost necessary to reduce the damage he takes enough that the 20% heal negates it. Although, if you're on a shard where droids are holding a top 5 spot, you just might get away with not having him. Either way, Zarriss teams generally inflict very little damage and instead rely on the opponent running out of time. As such, it's not a team that will take you to #1; instead, it'll just help you keep whatever rank you do have. This also means that she's not well suited for raids and may even struggle in GW.

On the other hand, Vader zeta teams can be viable virtually anywhere if you have the right supporting cast. Palpatine and TIE FIghter Pilot are essential. Sidious and Boba Fett also work well with him but can replaced by a number of other handy toons, such as Royal Guard or ShoreTrooper. But without those supporting characters, he won't do you much good either.

If you will only have the materials to get one zeta ability, my vote would be for Vader. But if you don't have the right supporting cast for either team, you might be better off just waiting before doing the upgrade. Get your 20 zeta mats and farm your ships and then when you have the rest of your team ready to go, do the upgrade. It may be that by the time that happens, someone else gets a zeta ability that better suits a team you already have.
  • If you will only have the materials to get one zeta ability, my vote would be for Vader. But if you don't have the right supporting cast for either team, you might be better off just waiting before doing the upgrade. Get your 20 zeta mats and farm your ships and then when you have the rest of your team ready to go, do the upgrade. It may be that by the time that happens, someone else gets a zeta ability that better suits a team you already have.

I have Sidious, RG, FOST above 7000 and TFP is maxed, but needs gear love and only at gear 9.... So I'll hold off and maybe droids will get something better than K-S2Os zeta. Thanks for your input on both options - really appreciate it!
  • Hi there!
    As a droid player myself, I'm saving my zeta for a droid zeta upgrade (not K2 his +1% protection zeta of course).
    I saw you run K2SO in the arena as well, how is he holding up? I find that I still can't get into the top 5, mainly due to the Barriz zeta and Maul zeta squads. Are you able to beat them?
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Wait for Droids to have a Zeta.
  • Hi there!
    As a droid player myself, I'm saving my zeta for a droid zeta upgrade (not K2 his +1% protection zeta of course).
    I saw you run K2SO in the arena as well, how is he holding up? I find that I still can't get into the top 5, mainly due to the Barriz zeta and Maul zeta squads. Are you able to beat them?

No, I can't crack top 5 either and that is because of K-S2O vs a zeta'd Barriss...heh

His counter attack hits too often (obviously with near 100% taunt and near 100% counter attack). I have critical dmg mods on him and he often crits, but his standard hit crits for 7k and then the opponent gets around that much back from Barriss. Pretty easy to dominate other teams that rely on counter attack toons though. Gotta love that daze :dizzy:

I'm not too concerned with getting top in arena - I either want those last 400 GW credits or make rancor raids go quick so I don't have to waste my time on them as much. Both high priority, but I guess I can wait to see if droids get a proper zeta, hopefully!
  • Swap k2 for Ig100 and just hang onto your Zetas. There's something coming down the line for droids. Currently the best droid arena team is: HK, 88, Je, B2, 100, all maxxed and modded.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • JinSaotome wrote: »
    Swap k2 for Ig100 and just hang onto your Zetas. There's something coming down the line for droids. Currently the best droid arena team is: HK, 88, Je, B2, 100, all maxxed and modded.

IG-100? i only have one more gear level to go with him - I'll give it a try as well, thanks!
  • JinSaotome wrote: »
    Swap k2 for Ig100 and just hang onto your Zetas. There's something coming down the line for droids. Currently the best droid arena team is: HK, 88, Je, B2, 100, all maxxed and modded.

Care to elaborate what makes 100 deserve a spot over k2 or 86? I'm curious.
  • Darthbinks wrote: »
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Care to elaborate what makes 100 deserve a spot over k2 or 86? I'm curious.

my guess is TM manipulation and counter attack supersedes taunt with counter, but daze is... valuable.