Plo Koon modification

Plo koon is only half decent for his dispell, which is not reliable (believed to be buggy)

This rework would make him so much usefull :
Quelling Blow (basic attack) : dispel all positive status effect on target. In addition, for each effect dispelled, Plo Koon has 65% chance to gain that effect for 1 turn.
I choose the Red Pill.

Replies

• Plokoon need lightning
  • I still find him useful

Plo Koon Leads Clones Into Galactic War!

https://youtu.be/Sih9zKyldoM
    Check out my channel and if you like it feel free to subscribe
    Virtual Gaming World
  • Is it canonically accurate to give him an orange saber? I seem to remember him using one in some games a long time ago. Might make him stand out more. Hes so underused. A slight buff to his kit wouldnt hurt either
  • I use him daily....as a pilot.
  • aerendhil wrote: »
    Plo koon is only half decent for his dispell, which is not reliable (believed to be buggy)

Quelling Blow (basic attack) : dispel all positive status effect on target. In addition, for each effect dispelled, Plo Koon has 65% chance to gain that effect for 1 turn.

That would be a great add for him!! And yes he is a great Pilot!!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I think he has a decent kit. The probabilities and his stats just need to get a buff

@VirtualGamingWorld what are the mods on that team? Super decked out with high speed? If so this video is very misleading. It's a good video but highly impractical to build. I like your vids but these squads are all mods.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I think he has a decent kit. The probabilities and his stats just need to get a buff

No he doesn't. All his offense down does is offend the user, and his dispel has a 'chance' to dispel all effects, while SF has a basic attack that dispels all (and he counters and applies a debuff), all while B2 basically has an AOE dispel and buff immunity basic attack. Oh, and then he can give TM to jedi and clones (would be cool if it cleansed too). Basically, he's a worse version of sf and Phasma.

Edit: needless to say, I would love a real Plo Koon rework. By which I mean overhaul his AOE completely and make his other 2 abilities not meaningless compared to other toons.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

No he doesn't. All his offense down does is offend the user, and his dispel has a 'chance' to dispel all effects, while SF has a basic attack that dispels all (and he counters and applies a debuff), all while B2 basically has an AOE dispel and buff immunity basic attack. Oh, and then he can give TM to jedi and clones (would be cool if it cleansed too). Basically, he's a worse version of sf and Phasma.

Thats why I said the probabilities need a buff. Also, he doesn't have to be the greatest and strongest character ever, this would just make him viable.
  • Change his defense up to a taunt & always dispel. Basically make him a Jedi SF
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »

Thats why I said the probabilities need a buff. Also, he doesn't have to be the greatest and strongest character ever, this would just make him viable.

It's going to take a lot to make him viable with his current abilities, moreso than just changing a few things. I like him and always have, but he's bad and needs a drastic change.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

@VirtualGamingWorld what are the mods on that team? Super decked out with high speed? If so this video is very misleading. It's a good video but highly impractical to build. I like your vids but these squads are all mods.

That is a question for knights templar and i am awaiting his response, as soon as i have it i will let you know!
    Check out my channel and if you like it feel free to subscribe
    Virtual Gaming World
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I still find him useful

That is a question for knights templar and i am awaiting his response, as soon as i have it i will let you know!

All good. No rush. I just see a lot of these vids coming out saying SUPER HUGE AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE, when it should actually say SUPER BADASS MODS(nevermind the squad using it). And watch my mods kill the S$&@ out of this raid.
    Im a whale and I think I got 3 mods with +15 speed secondaries.

I may come off as being a **** but I'm not trying to be. Sorry dude @VirtualGamingWorld
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    1) Make his basic 100% chance to dispel all effects. Dispelling 1 buff is useless and is also bugged when the buffs last more than 2 turns. (i.e. He can attack a character that only has Defense up, "dispel" most of it and get defense up for himself, but the other character will still have defense up.)

2) Make his leader ability useful or change it to a unique:

Overwatch (Leader) - (current) 55% chance to remove stealth from each enemy at start of turn, gain offense up for 1 turn if dispel.
    Zeta'd (It's a lvl 7 ability currently) - All allies have a 60% chance to remove stealth or a taunt from each enemy at the start of each of their turns. This chance is increased to 80% for Jedi and 100% for clones. If any stealth is dispelled the ally will gain offense up for 2 turns. If any taunts are dispelled the ally will gain speed up for 2 turns and call a random clone ally to assist with their next attack. Whenever any clone ally drops below 100% health, if Plo is still alive he will taunt and grant the clone ally Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns. Non-Zeta would be stealth only and lower percentages.
    OR
    Overwatch (Unique) - All Jedi and clone allies have a 55% chance to remove stealth or a taunt from each enemy at the start of their turn. If any effects are dispelled, that ally will gain offense up and speed up for 2 turns.

3) 70% chance to apply offense down is fine, but give it a 70% chance to apply daze to any enemy without any buffs, and up the damage output a little bit, with it's current damage output it'd honestly be better if it didn't hit the enemy at all, but just applied effects like OB and Tarkin lol.

4) Make "Take Charge" grant something besides Defense Up. Defense up is pretty useless nowadays, make it give protection or crit immunity or something, but defense up is useless, the only good thing about the buff is that it lasts 4 turns and the skill has a 4 turn cooldown so it's great for the AAT. If another buff was added it shouldn't last as long as 4 turns, but it would make the skill worth using for the buff instead of just the TM gain.

• aerendhil wrote: »

Why not attack again?? So he has a very weak basic. Maybe 4 buffs would be about 20k dmg and he could become a chaze counter
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    I wish his leader was better for Clones.
  • I'll take anything. I'm going with him because his Taunts with Mace in the ship battles is critical for me...... but... now I have this modded Jedi that sucks for anything else.

Probably wouldn't even have seen this as a post if he wasn't a pilot. But now lots of people have a benched toon they're spending gear/shards/mods on.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice