Arena result = who's Poe attacks first

Anyone finding this is more and more the case? With almost every team having Poe now, it is becoming more and more common for the match to be decided by the Poe that gets first attack.

I'm finding that the taunt isn't even the issue. Is the fact that the whole enemy team gets a turn before you action a single character. With First Order Tie Pilot, QGJ, Leya, IG86, GS etc all becoming more common team members, you quite often lose 2 or more members before being able to make a turn. Once it is 3v5 with the opposition on full health and you can only attack their Poe, it's over.

Vise Versa, if your Poe goes first, the battle is easy and bringing down 2 opponents before they receive a turn is run of the mill.

I think Poe's taunt is fine but I think the Poe turn meter reduction needs to go, what are people's thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Theres so many threads about this already.
  • Options
    Yup, there are many threads discussing this, try the search feature at the top.
    Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    Funny that everyone keeps saying this, but I regularly win even if my Poe is 2nd provided that he doesn't expose 4-5 of my team and provided that they don't nuke my IG-88 before my Poe can protect him.

I've found the number of exposures landed to be a more determinative factor in my matches.

For the record I'm level 67 and currently running Sid 7*, IG-88 7*, Kylo 7*, Poe 6*(will be 7 tomorrow), and Poggle 5*. All have close to max gear. And I'm regularly top 3 around reset on my leaderboard
  • Options
    I don't use Poe and apparently you don't search the forum before creating a thread of which there are already many on the same subject.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Chatsy wrote: »
    Anyone finding this is more and more the case? With almost every team having Poe now, it is becoming more and more common for the match to be decided by the Poe that gets first attack.

I'm finding that the taunt isn't even the issue. Is the fact that the whole enemy team gets a turn before you action a single character. With First Order Tie Pilot, QGJ, Leya, IG86, GS etc all becoming more common team members, you quite often lose 2 or more members before being able to make a turn. Once it is 3v5 with the opposition on full health and you can only attack their Poe, it's over.

Vise Versa, if your Poe goes first, the battle is easy and bringing down 2 opponents before they receive a turn is run of the mill.

I think Poe's taunt is fine but I think the Poe turn meter reduction needs to go, what are people's thoughts?

Not always the case but generally yes...

Like it has been said by Blumpking... it also kinda depends very heavily on the expose factor and also how much general health your team has...

A lot of people run glass cannon teams... Leia, FOTP (non 7*), dooku, QGJ etc... and also low health characters e.g. Luminara and Sidious... if more than a couple of these are exposed by Poe, then you can be hit very hard... Also even if you don't have expose if Poe is supported by a lot of fast high damage hitters then the low health team won't last... You don't find many large health teams... in fact part of the reason there has been a semi revival of Barriss lead teams is cause she ups the health of the team and thus FOTP doesn't get his advantage as easily or Poe's expose is partially countered by the increased health...

Then there is also the QGJ factor... If he is well geared, you'll find he actually has a fairly decent but by no means a guaranteed counter to Poe... he'll debuff Poe's taunt 50% of the time.. and if this happens, it can mess up Poe's team mates because of the offense buff he gives (however this buff can be bugged and sometimes don't apply even upon removing poe's taunt). You can pretty much one shot a lot of the glass canon's protected by such a Poe.

The issue with bringing Barriss into the mix as explained earlier is she kinda mitigates the FOTP and other big hitters for a while who is often protect by Poe but her low damage and weak heal... pretty much means you slowed the opposition down and only improved your chance of survive slightly.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    For me it's a win if my Poe goes first and I come back to win a little more than half of the time if he goes second. Which really isn't too bad. It depends on the enemy lineup though. If they're running IG-88, 86, HK and Poggle, that's pretty much gg
  • Options
    Too much winconditions are required when you are facing Poe like:

- Please do not oneshot my own high dps characters
    - Please let my Poe taunt first
    - Please do not expose my critical heroes
    - Please if you oneshot, don't let me get stuck with 0 dmg support heroes
    - Please health be high enough
    - Please Phasma don't make an assist with FotP
    - Please Leia go stealth
    - Please Geo don't let FotP assist
    - Please QGJ don't let FotP assist
    - Please survive the first 20 seconds