Is it time for a cap raise? Not a troll thread.

Prev13
BoxandthefuzzReturns
273 posts Member
edited January 2017
This game has become stale again.
-The HAAT is kind of a snore it gets smashed so quickly.
-PvE events are a joke they're so easy. I miss when they used to be a challenge from before mods. They keep releasing events that were designed for teams that people had 8-12 months ago.

The most fun I've had has been during cap raises and getting to see what toons get game changing gear upgrades that rapidly change the meta. I look forward to these and they always renue interest in the game.

I know I can't be the only one that feels like this.

Replies

• I think we will see a major update for ships before the next cap increase.
  • Let me fully gear at least 20 toons and then we'll talk about a level cap increase.

I have 2 currently...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    We need updates to all the gameplay. Raids could use a new Tier 2 for Heroic, and a new character to earn shards for. The Cantina, LS, & DS Battles could use a new level of difficulty, while making Hard the Medium level. This would add many months, dare I say potentially a year of difficulty.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Zetas are the new push. I expect the next tier of mods will also come before the next cap raise. The only point of a cap raise is to move the carrot, and I don't think there is any reason to do that in the near future.
  • This game has become stale again.
    -The HAAT is kind of a snore it gets smashed so quickly.
    -PvE events are a joke they're so easy. I miss when they used to be a challenge from before mods. They keep releasing events that were designed for teams that people had 8-12 months ago.

The most fun I've had has been during cap raises and getting to see what toons get game changing gear upgrades that rapidly change the meta. I look forward to these and they always renue interest in the game.

I know I can't be the only one that feels like this.

Also are you ptp? Because I can guarantee that most players are not even close to ready in terms of gear, so I personally dread having to farm more useless gear items, especially when I'm still farming cuffs and stun guns, let alone all the new gear I need.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • We are getting close to that point again. Many of the F2P players in my guild have reached level 85. When the cap raised last time, I predicted another one would occur around March/April, which is coming up pretty quick here.
  • Once all Rogue One toons are farmable, then I'd say yes. So in other words, August.
  • We are getting close to that point again. Many of the F2P players in my guild have reached level 85. When the cap raised last time, I predicted another one would occur around March/April, which is coming up pretty quick here.

Just because players are level 85 does not mean they're ready for a cap increase. Level means nothing compared to the gear needed, and we don't get nearly enough gear.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    We are getting close to that point again. Many of the F2P players in my guild have reached level 85. When the cap raised last time, I predicted another one would occur around March/April, which is coming up pretty quick here.

Just because players are level 85 does not mean they're ready for a cap increase. Level means nothing compared to the gear needed, and we don't get nearly enough gear.

+1
    Once all Rogue One toons are farmable, then I'd say yes. So in other words, August.

And +1

....oh! And OP? Shut the front door, please!
  • We need updates to all the gameplay. Raids could use a new Tier 2 for Heroic, and a new character to earn shards for. The Cantina, LS, & DS Battles could use a new level of difficulty, while making Hard the Medium level. This would add many months, dare I say potentially a year of difficulty.

I like where your heads at.
  • When in doubt....

August it out.

• They need to buff HAAT rewards first. It lame people on normal get better stuff
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    They need to buff HAAT rewards first. It lame people on normal get better stuff

false.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    They need to buff HAAT rewards first. It lame people on normal get better stuff

They're both bad. No one wants salvage for a piece that requires cuffs anyways.
  • Whale problems. I know this feeling all to well, when I used to play clash I wanted the quick route and spent a lot of money and maxed out. Problem is the game is incredibly boring when you do that. I've realized the main fun in these types of games is the progress and grind. The sense of happiness when you unlock something you've been working on. The problem you guys are having is only felt by the 1%. The rest of us have plenty to do in the game.
  • I would like to see the cap raised to 100 by August.

• Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Serious question: Are people in this situation more likely to be whales or is this also an issue for F2P pioneers who started from the games release?

• This is not representative of the whole.
  • Ahkatosh wrote: »
    Serious question: Are people in this situation more likely to be whales or is this also an issue for F2P pioneers who started from the games release?

Only large whales. I've been playing since December and have spent maybe $200 or so just on crystals to allow me to do refreshes, I feel like being completely f2p I'd have nothing to do. I am no where near maxed.
  • No leave the level cap the same until after summer at least. Personally I want to see more gear upgrades, more ships, ship hardware, and another raid. (Maybe even better drops for gear, but asking for better drops may be asking for a little too much)
  • Ahkatosh wrote: »

Only large whales. I'm ftp and have been playing since December and have gotten 1st in arena for over 6 months and I even have a 7* Chirrut and I am in no way shape or form even remotely close to being ready for a level cap.

Give me about 1000 salvage of cuffs, stun guns, holos, carbonatis, syringes, then a lot of those blue pieces we always need (MKIII callers and detonators), and THEN I'll be ready to start farming new gear that I never get from the AAT. Then 6 months of that and then I'll be ready for a lvl cap increase.
  • Slek
    21 posts Member
    Hahahahahaha nice joke whale
  • Slek wrote: »

Lol check my .gg profile if you want. What whale in their right mind would run Chirrut on their arena team but not Baze.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited January 2017

I cant recall a metachange with the last cap increase?

Apart from that i totally get your point and somewhat agree but i'd like to have another 2 months or so to catch up
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    Slek wrote: »

Lol check my .gg profile if you want. What whale in their right mind would run Chirrut on their arena team but not Baze.

I think he was referring to the OP, not your post. But I agree with you, any f2p, even those that have been playing from the start like you or I are definitely not ready for a level cap increase. The only reason for a cap increase would be to lengthen the gap between f2p and p2p right now, which doesn't really help EA/CG. They'll wait until the gap closes and the f2p start beating the p2p and then they'll let the p2p run off into the distance with the level cap raised. That's how it works. That's the way it's always happened.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

I think he was referring to the OP, not your post. But I agree with you, any f2p, even those that have been playing from the start like you or I are definitely not ready for a level cap increase. The only reason for a cap increase would be to lengthen the gap between f2p and p2p right now, which doesn't really help EA/CG. They'll wait until the gap closes and the f2p start beating the p2p and then they'll let the p2p run off into the distance with the level cap raised. That's how it works. That's the way it's always happened.

Ah well that would make sense ;)

But yes, unless they want all players who don't have full g10-11 rosters to quit, it's in their best interest to push a level increase away for a long long time.
  • the game as is being too easy does not mean that we need a level increase it means we are too high level for the content now. We don't need a level cap increase we now need more end game content to make those max leveled and well geared people have to struggle to beat whatever it is
    Vertigo wrote: »

But yes, unless they want all players who don't have full g10-11 rosters to quit, it's in their best interest to push a level increase away for a long long time.

This^^^

EA knows that level cap increases are a handful which is why they have such big gaps in between each of them
    Vertigo wrote: »

This^^^

EA knows that level cap increases are a handful which is why they have such big gaps in between each of them

And if they do decide to do it earlier than August, then we'd better get a supply drop of 1000 salvage of every gear piece...
  • Increasing level cap is lazy and boring. They need more content and mainly something to do that isn't reward related. Like an arena for your guild where you can mess about and use any of your guilds characters to test teams.