Rex zeta idea

Currently

Leader · Level 7
Brothers in Arms
Clone allies gain 20% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a Critical Hit, all Clone allies gain 15% Turn Meter, and other allies gain half that amount.

Zeta

Leader · Level 8
Brothers in Arms
Clone allies gain 25% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a Critical Hit, all Clone allies gain 20% Turn Meter, and other allies gain half that amount. If a Clone or Jedi is critically hit gain Crit immunity for 2 turns, and a 50% chance for each clone to counter attack at 50% damage.

I think it has Balance because unless the Crit immunity is dispelled there is a 2 turn cool down on the counter attack happening again.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Clones have plenty of zetas. Rex has already had his day in the sun.
  • I just don't like cody leading lol and it's only a 7 so it'll happen at some point.
  • Rex does not need a zeta to be viable. I find his leader ability difficult to beat as is. It seems that the zeta abilities were put in to make currently low utility/ rarely used toons arena viable again.

QGJ is a good example, for several months he was one of the mainstays in arena, if not as a leader definitely a member of the squad. Mods hit, then Palpatine and he was slowly phased out of arena. Now he is back with his zeta.

Barris was the meta toon for a brief period early on in swgoh and remained a useful toon for a few months. She then became the easy button for GW. When protection was added she became far less useful. With her zeta she is relevant again.

Rex has not gone through this arc. He has been a strong arena leader for some time now and still is. if he enters a period of time where he has very little there is a better chance he is awarded a zeta or a buff of some sort.
  • See he had his moment in my arena shard. But now it's all wedge, ep, vader, or maul leads at the top. Figured he needed a come back lol maybe it's just my shard though.
  • Also, giving Critical immunity is a horrible idea. Why would you stop the flow of TM....?
    But yeah, Rex doesn't really need a Zeta to be viable in the arena, he still has a good cleanse/tenacity up/tm gain skill, removes tm from enemies, and can deal pretty solid damage to tanks. His leader ability is great against crit teams. Cody's Zeta lead made Cody actually useable in the arena, Rex doesn't really need one at the moment.
  • The Crit immunity was for the krooper that's going to hit arena soon. Plus having all clones return fire on every attack on a clone/jedi would be insane and op.

When dt or b2 do their aoe dispel the immunity will be gone and they can gain the tm and counter attack again. That was my thought process any way.