Should we get a warning about future changes?

2Next

Replies

  • Options
    Yes
    It would be wise for EA/CG to give release notes before any patch or update, including the time it will be applied.

    They should also avoid important times like 6pm for example, when Arena is wrapping up.

    This will make players less angered, also it gives players a chance to talk so EA can see if they're doing something players will appreciate...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This will make players less angered, also it gives players a chance to talk so EA can see if they're doing something players will appreciate...

    The thing is that they will probably recieve huge amounts of hate no matter what they come up with. When John tried to give information about the removal of the "sell" option, a lot of people just ranted about "fixing things that aren't broken" and so on, failing to see that this is just a little part of the upcoming update. It kinda sucks when people keep trying to tell you how to do your job...
  • Options
    Yes
    Of course people should but they probably won't.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Nauros wrote: »
    The thing is that they will probably recieve huge amounts of hate no matter what they come up with. When John tried to give information about the removal of the "sell" option, a lot of people just ranted about "fixing things that aren't broken" and so on, failing to see that this is just a little part of the upcoming update. It kinda sucks when people keep trying to tell you how to do your job...

    I see your point but you answered your own question in essence. People were rightfully ticked off about the idea because so many things still aren't working. Adding improvements before you have stability is not a good idea, like building a house upon a broken foundation, not recommended!!

    What EA/CG needs to do is get back to basics:
    1. Fix outstanding issues and bugs first
    2. Once all major past issues are resolved, then add new features on stable ground

    If you follow that logic, you can't go wrong. Players will feel like the issues have been fixed and they are being heard, which miraculously makes them open their wallets and spend money. You can then make clear and timely updates, warning of changes in detail, in advance for discussion. I'm sure under those conditions, his idea about removing the "Sell" button would have been much better received instead of devolving into chaos....
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Nauros wrote: »
    Should we? Definitely. But concerning the sh*tstorms here after every little change, it is understandable that they don't want to share more than necessary...

    Yeah, because being silent and release changes without notice works well to avoid the shitstorms
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Triqui wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Should we? Definitely. But concerning the sh*tstorms here after every little change, it is understandable that they don't want to share more than necessary...

    Yeah, because being silent and release changes without notice works well to avoid the shitstorms

    Yes, you only get the ones on release...
    Nauros wrote: »
    The thing is that they will probably recieve huge amounts of hate no matter what they come up with. When John tried to give information about the removal of the "sell" option, a lot of people just ranted about "fixing things that aren't broken" and so on, failing to see that this is just a little part of the upcoming update. It kinda sucks when people keep trying to tell you how to do your job...

    I see your point but you answered your own question in essence. People were rightfully ticked off about the idea because so many things still aren't working. Adding improvements before you have stability is not a good idea, like building a house upon a broken foundation, not recommended!!

    What EA/CG needs to do is get back to basics:
    1. Fix outstanding issues and bugs first
    2. Once all major past issues are resolved, then add new features on stable ground

    If you follow that logic, you can't go wrong. Players will feel like the issues have been fixed and they are being heard, which miraculously makes them open their wallets and spend money. You can then make clear and timely updates, warning of changes in detail, in advance for discussion. I'm sure under those conditions, his idea about removing the "Sell" button would have been much better received instead of devolving into chaos....

    Following your logic, the game would brobably die because of the lack of new content... Besides, the "sell" button was just a minor part, and we don't know much about what else is coming. You are only assuming that they plan to add content before bug fixes, but it actually makes sense to make major fixes alog with changes to the core game. Also from the minor updates it would seem that when a bug is resolved, they try to deliver the patch asap. Heck, they fixed Dooku a few days after it appeared here. And still nobody appreciates it, because they didn't fix the few specific bugs yet. But what do we really know? Maybe the most requested bugs are also the hardest to fix (the targeting might be the case). Maybe the currently bugged characters are in for a major overhaul, making any fixes pointless. Really, a lot of people here act like spoiled kids who got a different iPhone than they wanted...
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Other
    I do not necessarily think that they need to give notice if they are adding something (ie. QGJ to shipments.)

    However, if they are making a change that takes something away, theyou should give advance notice so that players can plan appropriately. I would hate to be in the middle of leveling a toon and they suddenly remove the toon from a shipment area.
  • Options
    If they give heads up its just more time for people to complain and muddy he waters on how they proceed.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    EM650 wrote: »
    I do not necessarily think that they need to give notice if they are adding something (ie. QGJ to shipments.)

    However, if they are making a change that takes something away, theyou should give advance notice so that players can plan appropriately. I would hate to be in the middle of leveling a toon and they suddenly remove the toon from a shipment area.

    If they add something (ie QGJ an Chromium exclusive char to Cantina shippments. They actually take away much of the value of this item. All Player who payed a lot to get it 100-1500$. Loose massive value ... So Sure they should have give Information about this in Advance! no one would have spent money for it!!
  • Options

    Hahaha, you name Blizzard of all companies, EA is a kitty compared to how much money these people have stolen from their customers. Blizzard is a very bad example... They don't listen to the average player, they only listen to "pro's" & see how far that's gotten them, blizzard is going to crash & burn, mark my words... I give them at most 10 years.

    I assume you're referring to WoW? That game was built for easy-mode. If they are catering to endgame players now it's because they realized you cannot have a game with zero challenge. I played wow for about 1 and half months and walked away because there was little challenge whatsoever. That was the whole point of the game was to cater to casual players. You can't have an easymode mmo, people will like it for a short time and then walk away because there's no challenge. WoW completely destroyed MMOs. Hell they have kung fo panda as a character lol
  • Options
    Other
    I think they shouldn't release all information but teasers. All you voters for a yes need to understand that ALL games change and not every toon will be crazy good forever.
  • Options
    Yes
    Nitric wrote: »
    I think they shouldn't release all information but teasers. All you voters for a yes need to understand that ALL games change and not every toon will be crazy good forever.

    Voting yes to getting patch notes previous to release has nothing to do with not understanding that ALL games change and not every toon will be crazy good forever. I award you no points.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Other
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    Nitric wrote: »
    I think they shouldn't release all information but teasers. All you voters for a yes need to understand that ALL games change and not every toon will be crazy good forever.

    Voting yes to getting patch notes previous to release has nothing to do with not understanding that ALL games change and not every toon will be crazy good forever. I award you no points.

    I did say but teasers.

    Someone actually compared a mobile game to an MMO that's been around over 10 years, now grant it I didn't read the entire thread and was only giving my two cents, I don't see how you think the customer support level would even compare to that of an MMO.

    I guess I should be more clear, patch notes are fine. Things of the bug fix nature are good to announce. Teasers are all you should get regarding the game IMO. Spending your tokens or real money is always a gamble. As someone mentioned already, you can't hope to get an advance notice on the next meta.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Riot is a better example of how a company should operate with their community. League of Legends is the most played game in the world for a reason.

    I don't always agree with the changes they make in game but they are very transparent. Players are given general plans of up coming patches with out being overly specific prior to release. You are often aware that such and such is in the works or they are working on this at the moment. They keep the community in the loop with their long and short term goals.

    When the patches are implemented all playes can read patch notes that lists all changes specifically and the intent behind them is clearly explained. Feedback from the community is valued often changes are not perfect and go too far or not enough. They are often adjusted again by the next patch so they can maintain a competitive balance.

    CG and this community would benefit from A similar communication style. Hope my perspective helps the conversation. glhf
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Other
    QGJM wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »
    I do not necessarily think that they need to give notice if they are adding something (ie. QGJ to shipments.)

    However, if they are making a change that takes something away, theyou should give advance notice so that players can plan appropriately. I would hate to be in the middle of leveling a toon and they suddenly remove the toon from a shipment area.

    If they add something (ie QGJ an Chromium exclusive char to Cantina shippments. They actually take away much of the value of this item. All Player who payed a lot to get it 100-1500$. Loose massive value ... So Sure they should have give Information about this in Advance! no one would have spent money for it!!

    I anticipate eventually ALL toons will make their way to the shipments for all players to enjoy once their new toon smell has worn off. They will probably be adding new "pay for toons" to make up for QGJ coming to the general populace (this way make the whales pay for a completely new elite character that they have to level up for 70).
  • Options
    Yes
    This game requires an immense amount of planning. Imagine if League only let you work toward one character at a time and they took weeks to complete? There would be outrage at nerfs
Sign In or Register to comment.