Game Update 2/1/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456718
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited February 2017
WHATS NEW
Darth Nihilus comes to Galaxy of Heroes…and in his wake the dark side continues to stir.
n6wsvi0xq3el.png

Daily Login & First Order Updates
We are excited to announce that Kylo Ren has been updated and is the daily login character for February! Additionally, we have made a number of other changes to the dreaded First Order.
Kylo Ren
Ragged Cut
  • Omega upgrade now grants additional Healing Immunity chance and debuff duration in addition to +15% damage.
Lash Out
  • Now grants Turn Meter to allies with Advantage as well as First Order allies.
  • Omega upgrade now grants an additional turn of Retribution in addition to +15% damage.
Outrage
  • Now inflicts Stun while Kylo has full Health and deals bonus damage while he is below full Health.
  • NEW ZETA: +15% Damage and recover Protection equal to the damage dealt.
Unstoppable
  • Now grants Kylo stacking Offense and Defense whenever he takes damage.
  • Greatly reduces the damage he takes from Percent Health damage effects such as Damage Over Time.
  • Grants Kylo stacking Speed for each debuff on him.
  • Omega upgrade now inflicts Kylo with Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever he uses a Special ability.
First Order Officer
Marching Orders
  • Now effects a targeted ally instead of a random ally.
  • Omega now Dispels all debuffs from self and target ally and grants them Tenacity Up for 2 turns in addition to previous upgrade (Cooldown - 1.)

Pinning Shot
  • Cooldown reduced by 1.
  • Omega now reduces the Cooldowns of all First Order allies by 1 and adds +30% Turn Meter Reduction Chance in addition to +15% Damage.

First Order Stormtrooper
Hindering Shot
  • Omega now Dispels all buffs from target enemy if First Order Stormtrooper has Advantage in addition to +15% Damage.

The Order Relentless
  • Now grants all allies Turn Meter and grants First Order Stormtrooper Taunt for 2 turns in addition to previous effects.
  • Omega upgrade now dispels all debuffs from First Order Stormtrooper.

Return Fire:
  • NEW ZETA: Whenever First Order Storm Trooper uses any Ability he has a 50% chance to call an Assist, dealing 50% damage unless they are First Order, then granting them Advantage for 2 turns if they were First Order.

First Order TIE Pilot
Double Tap
  • 5% additional Multi-Attack Chance.
  • Omega now grants Advantage for 2 turns if the second attack scores a Critical Hit.
Gun Down
  • Cooldown reduced by 1.
  • Omega Upgrade now inflicts Buff Immunity for 2 turns if First Order TIE Pilot has Advantage in addition to +15% Damage.
Keen Eye
  • Now triggers whenever an enemy falls below full Health instead of 50% Health.
  • NEW ZETA: +15% Critical Chance and +10% Critical Damage, and First Order TIE Pilot has a 70% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns each time he loses Advantage.
Leaderboards Laud
The Guild Leaderboard has been updated for January.
  • Congratulations to last month's Top Guilds in The Pit Raid! Cónclave Hispania, RogueFrenchForce Endor, TeamSkunk Republic and {BHG} AAA Stars.
  • Congratulations to last month's Top Guilds in the Tank Takedown Raid! Cónclave Hispania, Dark Knights, RogueFrenchForce Endor, Last Wish, BHG House Salaktori, TeamSkunk Republic and {BHG} AAA Stars.

TIE Attack Pack
Head to the store now to 7* your TIE Advanced and TIE Reaper! First pack guarantees enough blueprints to unlock a FULL UNIT
  • Player level: 60+
  • Unlock criteria: Ships store unlocked

Bugs
  • Death Trooper: Daze inflicted by "Track Down" will now stop counter attacks the turn it is applied.
  • Reduced the damage Deathmark deals to enemies with the Fearsome Foe ability.

What’s Ahead
  • Be sure to get ready for the third and fourth installment of the Special Operations event this week!
  • Droids Fight Back returns to continue their fight against the Jawas
  • Assault Battles: Ground War

Replies

• Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I really hope this toon is coming soon. I'd love that!

At first those two pictures look similar. Both Darth Sion or Darth Revan wear heavy armored gloves. Only Darth Nihilus is wearing cloth gloves as it looks like in the update picture.

Moreover we get this sentence: A disturbance echoes through the galaxy. Residing in shadow and hungry for power…

This sentence is refering a lot to Darth Nihilus. Everyone who played KOTOR will say it.

darth_nihilus_by_a_archer-d69kwc1.jpg

0d2ukwuihyiu.png

Your guess?

• Robes wise yes. But the lightsaber is different to nihilus one
  • I'm thinking you're on to something!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Depends if swgoh is beholden to canon or not.
  • Well if it is from KOTOR, maybe we can get lucky and it will be "Dark Jedi". Another nameless generic character
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Well if it is from KOTOR, maybe we can get lucky and it will be "Dark Jedi". Another nameless generic character

We already have HK-47 as named character from KOTOR. There is some hope.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I'd be down with this.
  • Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Well if it is from KOTOR, maybe we can get lucky and it will be "Dark Jedi". Another nameless generic character

Imagine the epic battles dark Jedi could have against Jedi consular and Jedi knight guardian
  • Maybe it's a Rebels version of Darth Maul (Old Master)
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »

Imagine the epic battles dark Jedi could have against Jedi consular and Jedi knight guardian

A Jedi Story... lol!
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Just did a post-stream discussion withpeople.
    • There is a slight curve near the hand's ring finger area; Nihilus' hilt had primarily spirals. The two bulges can be explained away by saying the hand covers the bottom one and the top one is partially shown. Also it looks like it might be a comic book-type rendering, which isn't bound to be the exact same as the image in the Visual Guide.
    • "A disturbance echoes through the galaxy." = "Yes… this disturbance… echoes through the Force." (Visas Marr to Nihilus - on his Wookieepedia page)
    • "Residing in shadow" = He was "near killed" by a Mass Shadow Generator superweapon, turned into an incorporeal form (didn't find that particular bit on Wookieepedia but Smithie D said it happens in the other media stuff)
    • "hungry for power" = "Experiencing the shadow that obliterated almost everything on and around the planet made Nihilus crave Force energy. The affliction painfully ravaged his body while rendering him a wound in the Force. He was found by a seeker of these, the Sith Lord Darth Traya, who told him that she could teach him to feed his endless hunger....Together, they formed a triumvirate with Traya at its head and her other apprentice, Darth Sion, as the third member. The trio chose individual titles for themselves; Darth Nihilus becoming the Lord of Hunger."

I don't actually know who it is, but I can't see it tying this much into Nihilus' story without it being him. Direct quotes taken from Nihilus' Wookieepedia page (click here).
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Honestly I doubt they are going that far back. This game revolves more around the movies than the comics/cartoons. So my guess is Supreme Leader of the First Order Snoke

My second guess would be Darth Plagueis and a rework to Sid to have a synergy

My third and most favorite is Darth Jar Jar
  • Could it be...Dark Helmut?
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe it's a Rebels version of Darth Maul (Old Master)

giphy.gif
    Could it be...Dark Helmut?

latest?cb=20120310153846
  • 100% down for this. HK-47 is getting lonely as the only Kotor toon in the game
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    Honestly I doubt they are going that far back. This game revolves more around the movies than the comics/cartoons. So my guess is Supreme Leader of the First Order Snoke

All of the clones, all of the night sisters, half of the Jedi, savage just to name a few. I'd say the cartoon has more representation than any single movie, maybe even a whole trilogy.
  • I never played KOTOR or read the comic books, but he sounds really cool.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    darth side bariss ? or an inquisitor?
    MoBlaq wrote: »

All of the clones, all of the night sisters, half of the Jedi, savage just to name a few. I'd say the cartoon has more representation than any single movie, maybe even a whole trilogy.

But all of those fit a particular timeline where Anakin became a jedi to when Anakin became Vader.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »

But all of those fit a particular timeline where Anakin became a jedi to when Anakin became Vader.

Then it's snoke(Darth jar jar)
  • I never played KOTOR or read the comic books, but he sounds really cool.
    Highly recommend playing Kotor 1 and 2, you wont regret it
  • I know there are a lot of things coinciding with Darth Nihilus, but that light saber looks like Darth Plagueis' light saber... And Darth Plagueis is canon...
  • I'm guessing it's Visas Marr. The robe / red sash match hers - and the quote "Yes… this disturbance… echoes through the Force." is said by Visas Marr. Maybe Visas will release first (available FTP), then Nihilus will drop later (P2P) with some synergy?

swtor-visas-marrs-armor-set-trackers-bounty-pack_thumb.jpg

• JPBrunel wrote: »
    I know there are a lot of things coinciding with Darth Nihilus, but that light saber looks like Darth Plagueis' light saber... And Darth Plagueis is canon...

I'm not seeing the Plagueis saber similarities :/
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I know there are a lot of things coinciding with Darth Nihilus, but that light saber looks like Darth Plagueis' light saber... And Darth Plagueis is canon...

A never seen and only mentionned character? Oh yes lets spoil episodes VIII and IX in a video game! :D

Then it's snoke(Darth jar jar)

I really believe (okay, not really really) that Jar Jar is a true Sith Lord! This video scares me!

https://youtu.be/XLsOnvkmBzI
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    akositzke wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's Visas Marr. The robe / red sash match hers - and the quote "Yes… this disturbance… echoes through the Force." is said by Visas Marr. Maybe Visas will release first (available FTP), then Nihilus will drop later (P2P) with some synergy?

swtor-visas-marrs-armor-set-trackers-bounty-pack_thumb.jpg

latest?cb=20060313062959

While only a possible outcome (suicide), this presumably shows her own lightsaber. It doesn't look like the one they showed. Plus, the robes could very easily be red simply due to the lightsaber's light (look at a lot of the concept art out there for sith lords).
This discussion has been closed.