Problem with Tie pack goes back to Tournament cheating

So here is where the problem lies.
I like many many other honest folks was not able to unlock the Tie advanced in the 2 tournaments due to rampant known cheating. I finished getting 25 shards 2x, These 2 tournaments are the ones I went all in on. I didn't really push hard on the rebel toons, but this ship one I did. I am still 30 shards short.

Now here is the problem. 2999 crystals is a lot, but I would be willing to go buy crystals right now and buy this pack if A) I got the Tie advanced and B) the 80 shards were worthwhile. Even if I pull the 80 tie advanced, I will be 15 short of 5*. Now had the tournament not been so stacked with cheaters I could have finished 25-50 places higher and been closer to an unlock and 80 shards would easily take me to 5*. But instead I am now in the position where I don't want to go dump $50 into crystals knowing that I won't even unlock the useful ship for the mass amount of crystals you want for a gamble.

You guys really missed the mark on this pack. The people you are asking to fork over the crystals to buy this pack are mostly the people that got cheated out of shards during the 2 tournaments. The cheaters already have this ship, and the bigger spenders also had the rosters to earn it along with the cheaters. 3000 crystals is so high for the small return in this situation that I literally can't even impulse buy this pack.

You stung me with allowing tournament cheating which kept me from the getting the ship, now you sting me with a very very high cost with no chance of getting to 5* without spending hundreds of dollars. I spent for Palp event, and when ships launched, but you priced yourself out of me spending this time. I remember too much. I want vader's ship, but not bad enough to spend that much and not even get it.

Replies

• i agree with most of your post

but calm down... there was not 50 cheaters per tourney server lol...
  • I agree that cheating is/was a big problem with tournaments. Absolutely no denying that. However, it was not so rampant that it kept you 50 spots back.

My experience with the alleged cheaters were only really in the very top 5 that I saw. I was able to 6* Tie Advanced between 2 tournaments legitimately and only saw about 2 people that I could even consider may be possibly cheating. Even then it wasn't glaringly obvious.

Is/was cheating a problem? Yes. Was it as bad as everyone thought? I don't think so. I think it just became a scape goat to blame some people's incapabilities to be successful on.
  • Well the user base is soured by the tournaments and the cheating. Between the 2 tournaments had I been able to get a few places difference then maybe I wouldn't feel so cheated. I feel cheated because I saved all my points for the ship tournaments and it didn't make a lick of difference. So what other explanation is there?
    Let's be honest here, between the Whale teams to begin with, and the cheaters, the rest of us stood little chance of unlocking that ship, specifically because they went from top 100 unlocking to top 25. You got the ship because you have a whale roster.
    Now they want me to buy a 3K crystal pack to get something I feel I was cheated out of. You can say it was only a few people per shard, but we don't really know. But the community at large feels cheated. Putting a 3K crystal price on things we tried to earn and were denied really stings. I have spent enough on this game to more than support it for the last year. I could have easily bought 5-8 console games. They are making tons of money.
    Asking me to purchase something I feel I was cheated out of FEELS like extortion, I am not saying it is, just how it feels.
  • Well the user base is soured by the tournaments and the cheating. Between the 2 tournaments had I been able to get a few places difference then maybe I wouldn't feel so cheated. I feel cheated because I saved all my points for the ship tournaments and it didn't make a lick of difference. So what other explanation is there?
    Let's be honest here, between the Whale teams to begin with, and the cheaters, the rest of us stood little chance of unlocking that ship, specifically because they went from top 100 unlocking to top 25. You got the ship because you have a whale roster.
    Now they want me to buy a 3K crystal pack to get something I feel I was cheated out of. You can say it was only a few people per shard, but we don't really know. But the community at large feels cheated. Putting a 3K crystal price on things we tried to earn and were denied really stings. I have spent enough on this game to more than support it for the last year. I could have easily bought 5-8 console games. They are making tons of money.
    Asking me to purchase something I feel I was cheated out of FEELS like extortion, I am not saying it is, just how it feels.

I understand your frustration. Your feelings are vindicated. I just don't think you can blame not ranking higher solely on cheating.

Ftr, I agree that the pack costs are ridiculous.
  • I reckon the the first pack should cost 2,999 crystals because you're GUARANTEED a ship. May not be the one you want but the devs are giving you a guaranteed toon.

However, they should reduce the price of the packs after the first as all you are getting is shards. That way people might spend a little extra moola on the packs to try and get their desired ship
  • This just falls under problems with Tournaments in general. It took more time then any other thing in the game, but only 0.5% of the people participating saw a real reward. That's a lot of loser's. And that's with everything being legit.

Most people, just based on straight %, are in the OP's boat.

Personally, I don't really have a huge problem with the ship pack, I can possibly get enough by the end of the month and maybe drop a little $ to round it out - the fact that any pack has a guarantee on it almost begs to finally give CG/EA a little pat on the back.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    How does cheating in tournaments work? I didn't rank high enough to be affected, I'm just curious.

Bull. I'm 100% F2P. I don't have a whale roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/ (and my roster is significantly better than it was at the time of the last tournament). I don't cheat. I have TIE-A. How? Well, in the first tournament I didn't really try all that hard. Burned through maybe 30k ally points or so, got my 20 blueprints. When they announced the slate of additional tournaments, I decided to just about all my ally points (had over 300k by the time the tournament came around), and tried my hardest to get top 100, which was what I needed to get the 60 additional blueprints to unlock. It required some time -- the last couple hours of the tournament I was fighting pretty regularly (including in between my arena battles since the tournament ended at my payout time) and burned through more than 200k of those ally points. Was it easy? No. Did I have fights were I got completely wiped out and basically wasted 3-5k ally points? Yes. But I knew I wanted the ship, so I got it.

There is no doubt that there is cheating in the tournaments. And having a whale roster certainly helps. But for TIE-A there were two shots, and you didn't have to get a full unlock -- you just had to get 20 shards in one (which was top 1000 or 1500) and 60 shards in the other, which was top 100.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I understand you're frustrated, and I agree that the prices in this game are, in general, beyond ridiculous. But they're not asking you to buy the pack, they're offering it. Keep in mind you'd have to buy the pack many times to get close to 7-starring.

My sense of the packs is just that...it's for mega-spenders who have to have the new things NOW, and that's how they spend their money. If you're f2p or light p2p, you wait for that stuff to become farmable. If you are light p2p, spend your crystals on farmable resources/gear. Even if you unlocked one of those ships, it wouldn't be starred enough to help in zeta challenge. So you're waiting anyway.
  • This just falls under problems with Tournaments in general. It took more time then any other thing in the game, but only 0.5% of the people participating saw a real reward. That's a lot of loser's. And that's with everything being legit.

Most people, just based on straight %, are in the OP's boat.

Personally, I don't really have a huge problem with the ship pack, I can possibly get enough by the end of the month and maybe drop a little $ to round it out - the fact that any pack has a guarantee on it almost begs to finally give CG/EA a little pat on the back.

Exactly this^^^
  • Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    I reckon the the first pack should cost 2,999 crystals because you're GUARANTEED a ship. May not be the one you want but the devs are giving you a guaranteed toon.

However, they should reduce the price of the packs after the first as all you are getting is shards. That way people might spend a little extra moola on the packs to try and get their desired ship

Absolutely. I'm tempted but for one pull only - no way am I buying this pack at 3000 crystals more than once.

Makes me wonder how much the Citadel pack will come in at :/

Bull. I'm 100% F2P. I don't have a whale roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/ (and my roster is significantly better than it was at the time of the last tournament). I don't cheat. I have TIE-A. How? Well, in the first tournament I didn't really try all that hard. Burned through maybe 30k ally points or so, got my 20 blueprints. When they announced the slate of additional tournaments, I decided to just about all my ally points (had over 300k by the time the tournament came around), and tried my hardest to get top 100, which was what I needed to get the 60 additional blueprints to unlock. It required some time -- the last couple hours of the tournament I was fighting pretty regularly (including in between my arena battles since the tournament ended at my payout time) and burned through more than 200k of those ally points. Was it easy? No. Did I have fights were I got completely wiped out and basically wasted 3-5k ally points? Yes. But I knew I wanted the ship, so I got it.

There is no doubt that there is cheating in the tournaments. And having a whale roster certainly helps. But for TIE-A there were two shots, and you didn't have to get a full unlock -- you just had to get 20 shards in one (which was top 1000 or 1500) and 60 shards in the other, which was top 100.

Well I ran 5 hours straight up to the end of the tournament and used several hundred K ally points as well, I still had points remaining, and I ended up like 103 the second time, and 105 the first time. I kept fighting and fighting and fighting. So maybe you got a lucky shard where you got in. I missed top 100 each time by what less than 5 spots each time. So yeah, I'm a bit bitter about the cheating. I did the same as you, focused all my ally points on the ship tournaments, at one point I won 10 straight battles and lost 3 places. I gave it a thousand percent and all my ally points. You might feel differently had you not broke into the top 100 on your shard.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well the user base is soured by the tournaments and the cheating. Between the 2 tournaments had I been able to get a few places difference then maybe I wouldn't feel so cheated. I feel cheated because I saved all my points for the ship tournaments and it didn't make a lick of difference. So what other explanation is there?

Well I ran 5 hours straight up to the end of the tournament and used several hundred K ally points as well, I still had points remaining, and I ended up like 103 the second time, and 105 the first time. I kept fighting and fighting and fighting. So maybe you got a lucky shard where you got in. I missed top 100 each time by what less than 5 spots each time. So yeah, I'm a bit bitter about the cheating. I did the same as you, focused all my ally points on the ship tournaments, at one point I won 10 straight battles and lost 3 places. I gave it a thousand percent and all my ally points. You might feel differently had you not broke into the top 100 on your shard.

Well, maybe you got screwed by cheaters, if there were that many (3 and 5) on your leaderboards. That being said, there were alot of legit players you could have beaten for a spot in the top100.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Or... not everyone can be the top 0.5%
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yep, and I took a chance on getting something great or getting a pile of poo.

Yep. Pile of poo, that is what I got.

• I actually think this game does a good job handling cheaters. I have been playing since start and haven't encountered anything suspect yet. Most games are overrun with cheaters.