Tournament Solution

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested but a thought came to me last night as I was putting my son to bed (it takes a while so lots of time to ponder life's little mysteries.) Instead of payouts being determined by ranking, what if payouts were determined by static thresholds of points earned? EACG can make the top end payouts only attainable by throwing a ton of time/crystals at the event if they want (which I assume they do) but for the rest of us with lives we can have a clear number to aim for to know that we'll get X payout. I don't have to worry about a time crunch at the last minute to try to stay ahead of everyone else trying to do the same thing. If I do have a lot of time to throw at the event, I don't have to worry about competing against other people who also have a lot of time, we all get the same rewards based off of points earned. It isn't a zero sum game where someone wins and someone loses. I suppose it makes it less competitive in the sense that you're not getting a rank at the end but I'd gladly trade that for some certainty about what payouts I can receive. Any thoughts?
maximum effort

Angels Reborn