What happened to the Credit Packs?

EM650
1120 posts Member
What happened to the Credit Packs?

It was that when you purchase the credit packs, you would receive ~500K, 1M, or 1.5M credits. Now after the update, they broke it into 8 smaller packs so that each smaller pack has a chance to double/triple instead of the entire pack. My big double win today was around 600K

Replies

• Sounds better this way in my opinion. Before the update, I bought 4 packs and never got a double or triple. It sounds like this may have given me a few extra credits which would have been helpful. As the chance for double and triple is extremely low, having this chance across 8 packs means you might actually get more than 500k each time.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    That actually sounds like a good thing, as it makes the pack more apeling, for now there is a high chance to get more that the adveticed minimum.

So to this I say good job CG
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    While there may be a greater opportunity to get more than 500K, it will be harder to get 1M, let alone 1.5M.
  • I like it much better this way. The best I have ever gotten was 1M, but now we have a much better chance to get more than 500k each time. It's less exciting, but at the same time it is more reliable and possible even a better value. I don't see why you're upset, to be honest.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    The frustration, for me, is that I actually rolled a 1M or 1.5M quite often, but those opportunities are gone. It improves the base line, but lowers the ceiling.
  • Sure, you may never score 1M or 1.5M in a single pack but as you buy more packs over time, it'll likely even out. If you used to get double credits once in every eight packs, then getting one 2x multiplier in each of eight packs now will get you the same end result. Personally, I bought over a dozen packs before the update and never got a single multiplier but then had one get doubled in the new format today. That means I'm already coming ahead over the old system so I'm happy.
  • I think once I had a double on one of the old regular packs never on a multi pack and I opened dozens.
    This new format sounds better.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Way better give credit on this one old way was silly and never hit RNG God loved only you apparently
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I'm not a big fan of the change it feels less rewarding. This game is like a slot machine to me and I like to feel like I'm being rewarded when I hit big. I probably bought over 20 of those packs and hit 2x and 3x many times. It always hit big when I needed it too which was even better. One time I had around 200k and wanted to 7* a character so I bought a pack and rolled a 3x. It feels really good when stuff like that happens but now I have to buy 2 packs because I'm never going to make 1 million or 1.5 million. That is why it was changed so you have to buy more packs.

After a large investment in chromium packs I stopped buying those because they became less rewarding. Now I feel the same way about these credit packs. No fun in a reward anymore just another ingame purchase. Not complaining it is what it is but I doubt I will buy anymore.