Why this game will never peak like Clash of Clans

LordStyling
1461 posts Member
edited January 2016
Granted two different type games... but still.

Star Wars has a HUGE fan base and they are using that to charge us an arm and a leg for everything.

The ROI is horrible, even more so the higher you get.

EX: Some gear items you need 50 to get 1 piece of gear.

Assuming it take you 3-4 tries to get 1, multiply by 50, so you need 150-200 tries = you need to use 1200-1600 energy for one single gear item. Makes no sense, even more so since the more you refresh the more expensive it gets. Like Cantina that doubles....

Most people would gladly pay a few bucks here and there (even those that claim to be F2P) if it was worth it.

Games will make millions because of the occasional spender, not because of the rare whale.

Just imagine how popular the game would be, how much money they could make, if they had millions of people spending a few bucks here and there rather then a limited amount of whales.

Spending money early stages of game gets you a huge advantage, but as time goes along, 100$ barely gets you anywhere... how does that make any sense?

EA; use the star wars brand to your advantage! Create a long list of addicted players by making it more accessible to the regular Joe or else this game will never make the amount of money Clash of Clans does on a daily basis (3 years later too, the game is still popular... ever wonder why?)

With the Star Wars name behind this game, you could do much better then Clash.... if you change the direction this game is going, if not, well....

My 2 cents.
/end rant

Replies

• Clash of Clans - click upgrade. "Please wait 2 weeks for completion."
  • Clash of Clans - click upgrade. "Please wait 2 weeks for completion."

also your resources get looted like all the time :smile:
  • Have you ever played Clash of Clans at high level?

The grind is soul destroying and is very similar to that experienced in GoH purple grind, the only real difference is you hit it quicker in GoH than in Clash.

However, I agree with you on early game small purchases, GoH is terrible in this respect. In clash spending a few pennies to get the extra builders is extremely valuable as it increases your long term productivity. GOH does not have anything like this apart from the lesser spotted Dooku pack, which is long gone.

I think the devs could learn a lot from other mobile games in this regard. The recent crystal "sub" pricing was a joke and th RNG from packs is a massive turn off for most low level spenders.

This game needs attractive purchases in the 5-10$€£ range that at more than just a pack of crystals. The recent discounted XP pack was a good start, but there is nothing to appeal to low level spenders right now and there are a lot of us who would spend a few pennies on the game but have no desire to do so with the current offers.

Without the smaller fish, the whales starve.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    I agree. The developers get greedy too early. $60 for Bariss's pack? We thought it was overprice then. After that they even make $100 for Kylo's pack! That is absurd.

If they stick to $5 dooku pack, those who bought it will tell their friends, and the user base will increase faster. The $15 for 21 days subscription is also too high for me, if it is $5 I might consider. Seems like a good deal as they can get many to subscribe = loyalty for at least 3/4 of a month, and earn lots of $5.

• No way that game can be compared to this. First, apples and oranges. Second, F2P here can and do compete with spenders, eventually. There, I know people grinding for 2 years plus still trying to reach last year's goal posts even though it's shifted this year. Whales here don't have the same advantage here with the level caps for starters. There, a friend has spent 10s of thousands of dollars and he's got a clan of 50 where at least 20 are max and his. Guess what, no F2P clan can touch him or even get the chance to face him. Money wins you the game in that game, here you get a time advantage. Things might change but as of now, with the limited content and level caps, this is a fact.

Also, seeing the ladder board in that game and knowing how much my friend has spent on it, I'm not sure it's the occasional spenders who are bringing in the gravy. Cos 99% of the people I know who play that game don't spend a penny. Small purchases are pretty pointless there unless you do a one time purchase for a builder.

BTW, that friend works his beep off, is super successful, no vices and that game is the only one he spends on. Mentioning just so people don't start any beep judgemental posts.
  • I've mentioned poor ROI several times and the insanely poor drop rates when you need 50 of 1 item for 1 slot. The challenges help, but not a ton, but I never get what the possible rewards show, especially on the heavy needed items like the kepads. If it shows 5 possible it is 2-3 you get, at least for me. Lumi takes 40 for 1 slot. Do the challenge 5x you get 15, not even 1/2 to the 1 gear item. There is some gear I have hundreds upon hundreds of,lol.
  • The...
  • Game...
  • Is...
  • Still...
  • New...
  • It seems like you're asking these Devs to walk on water...

I think I saw them mention a big update in February... Give it time gawd ****!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've said that before but many argue that they don't make money like the way you and myself have described and that EA have genius bean counters who really know what they're doing. Let's hope they're right or else they'll be a lot of fleeced people out there...

lol, I'm sorry but if you develop a game as big as Star Wars I expect you to walk on water! For what the IAP cost I expect some kind of update monthly not when ever they get around to it. This company is to small to handle a large franchise like Star Wars.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    68113f3c424052671d24f24b797f887b.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Also, Clan of Clans has been #1 for top grossing app for a long time. They make over 1million a month from IAP. So, if you want to hang with the big dogs get your **** together!

I have no faith that they can do anything good in that update.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It seems like you're asking these Devs to walk on water...

Nothing the op talked about is unreasonable.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    I think this toxicity is insane , but the game is well designed but has issues but every change here good or bad is meet with instant hate and venom..... Well constructed thought is by passed for emotional rage and as much as I love Kylo this level of hostility has created the cartoon environment and why all people can do is make fun/light of every post trying to dial back the pure insanity of hate

If you didn't love playing this would not make a difference to you, but things aren't that bad and if they are delete app is always an option but I doubt anyone who cares enough to post is going to do that

Peace-
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Things will perk up. Get to level 70 on naturals, then check out the landscape. Lots of exciting things coming, so get your heroes ready.

FashionFett.
This discussion has been closed.