How strong your guild has to be to beat HAAT?

I am in a play for fun guild and my guild can finish normal tank raid easily now.
I understand we are far from beating HAAT, but how can I tell if we can give it a try? For example, how well must u do in a normal raid before u try the heroic?
Thanks in advance and GLHF

Replies

• It's tough with the nerf. Just for the easier math- divide your normal score by 6. It's not the truest indication but gives a ball park.
    Heroic tank hits hard so gear x and good mods on all your teams is a must.
    Best to concentrate on phases 2 and 3.
  • It's tough with the nerf. Just for the easier math- divide your normal score by 6. It's not the truest indication but gives a ball park.

Thanks for ur answer. Does heroic really hit that hard? to divide normal score by 6? If I can do 500k on p1 and 1.5M on p2 in normal, what do u expect I can do in heroic?
  • FieldL wrote: »
    It's tough with the nerf. Just for the easier math- divide your normal score by 6. It's not the truest indication but gives a ball park.

Thanks for ur answer. Does heroic really hit that hard? to divide normal score by 6? If I can do 500k on p1 and 1.5M on p2 in normal, what do u expect I can do in heroic?

Yes it really does. Can wipe out gear X Rebels in a few turns if not modded nicely and is also much faster
  • Like barely 2%
  • Honestly phase 1 Jedi least important. And heroic is very humbling. I would say at minimum gear x and good mods. Build up your droids and palp and tie fighter for p2 and p3
  • If your guild members has 2 G10+ 7* Level 85 5* mods teams each, then they're ready. If you have anyone that goes over these requirements by a long shot, then weak members with only a few G10/G11 toons can benefit off of them.

As long as you coordinate attacks to make sure there is no wasted damage and keep retreating until a good RNG run is present, you'll do fine and complete it/most of it.

If all else fails, you can call over mercs to help you out.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    FieldL wrote: »
    It's tough with the nerf. Just for the easier math- divide your normal score by 6. It's not the truest indication but gives a ball park.

In normal my Jedi could easily do 650k. In heroic I average around 350k.

Around 150k-200k maybe 250k and p2 arond 400k to 500k enough as long as your guild can hit the same to pass both phases

It's not just how hard it hits, but how fast it hits. In P2 heroic, the side guns on the tank are above a 230 speed, so they hit hard and hit often.

The best thing to do is simply to try it out. You'll learn very quickly where you are at.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    we finished normal tank in a couple hours (after nerf) and still had some struggle to get through Haat the first few times. now about 5 weeks later we can clear the Haat in about 4 hours. Practice on the Haat is almost as important as the rosters you have. you need to practice practice practice to understand what a good run is compared to bad. the first few times everyone is just lost and it takes forever.

P1 my jedi do about 150k (Yoda (L), JKA, Ahsoka, QGJ, Lumi)
    P2 my Droids do 500 - 900k (HK, 88,86,nebbit,JE)
    P2 my rebels do 600 - 900k (Wedge,Lando,Biggs,Phasma, Ackbar)
    P3 my team does 850 - 900k (Datcha (L), Jawa, STH, Pathfinder, Tie Pilot)
    P4 the rest of my teams do 300 - 600k total

P2 you're looking for 2 topples per team, and sometimes have to throw in a token character to let top cannon shoot in between teams

P4 don't topple at all, just kill the B2's and hit the main tank.

With my lineup I usually finish anywhere from 5th to 10th in our guild.

https://swgoh.gg/u/gunff/collection/

• It's not how much damage you do in normal anymore, that's not an accurate gauge at all. It's all about the team makeup of your guild. Here's a thread how my guild managed to do it, which we did soon after the normal raid nerf, which we finished in about 4 hours.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/83431/legendary-order-downed-heroic-aat-twice-now-top-contributors-are-f2p#latest

It's using the Super Team strategy, which is laid out in the thread and a link to the post so credit is given. We tried a couple times and failed, then I started taking inventory of what groups the guild had, like I laid out in the thread.

When we finally took it down, we barely had enough, and it was a real nail biter. Now we're finishing it without even really thinking about it.
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    FieldL wrote: »
    I am in a play for fun guild and my guild can finish normal tank raid easily now.
    I understand we are far from beating HAAT, but how can I tell if we can give it a try? For example, how well must u do in a normal raid before u try the heroic?
    Thanks in advance and GLHF

I think your best way to find out where your guild is at is to give it a try. As a guild, we went from not being able to get past phase 2 to finding ways to limit damage so that everyone gets a chance to attack before we beat it in just 2 weeks. We used the same formula others have recommended.

Phase 1: attack with all of your Jedi based teams
    Phase 2: attack with all of your clone/droid teams. (if you get stuck, use a few rebels teams one at a time to get through it.
    Phase 3: Attack with all of your Empire, jawas, Chirpatine or Tie guy team, and taunters.
    Phase 4: Attack with rebels and whatever is left.

Run a Heroic raid and see where you get stuck at. If it's 2, have all your players focus on droids or clones while working on their Empire teams secondary. If you get stuck on 3, then everyone focus on their Empire team.

You may also be able to call in some mercs to help you out the first time if you get stuck mid way through. That will also help you identify how much more damage you need to do and where. Failing sucks, but you really won't know how close you are until you try. The knowledge you gain is worth the coins you spend on it.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • You need a strong guild. When I started it, getting 2% per phase was hard. That was with mostly all level 80 heroes and gear X. Now with mostly 85 and XI, or gear maxed toons, I can do serious damage. But initially it is difficult. You need at least 10 very strong players with the appropriate rosters to get you through the bulk of it, and the rest of the players need to have at least 1 good team per phase.