Darth Nihilus unlocking process

Prev134
I read somewhere on the forums that Nihilus would not be a tournament, however I can't find a source to comfirm this. Have we actually heard anything official yet?

Replies

• Yes. One of the developers confirmed that it won't be a tournament. I believe it's in the megathread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SnakesOnAPlane
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Also, reading comprehension, because the announcement said event.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Maybe, but considering all of the tournaments are catagorised as events, it's hardly specific
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Also said to prep "your best squads" which was how all tourneys were described so there is just a lot of confusion.

The particular dev doing the event work is a star and we are lucky to have this diamond in the rough. I am looking forward to more info on this event.
  • not a tourney..the message said 'EVENT'
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    so i went back to reading about nihilus' background... he definitely gravitates towards force sensitive people. In previous events you either need toons that're with the New toon's faction or fought against the new toon.

since we have absolutely 0 friends of Nihilus, I have to guess we'd need Force sensitives to fight Nihilus, maybe Jedi, sith, along with Kylo, and Rey?

hardly to imagine that we can use all toons, not that i'd complain about that
  • If it's any category other than Sith, you'll have to really sell it to me.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I'd probably say it has something to do with the battle of Tython. Watch this space.
  • I'd imagine if it's in the same style as Palpetine/Yoda, we'll probably need a team of five sith, considering that's the closest thing we have to him already and February is all about the darkside
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Maybe, but considering all of the tournaments are catagorised as events, it's hardly specific

Even though they were accessed through the events area, they were always announced as Tournaments (probably Squad Tournaments, since that was the actual name) and never as events.
  • It'd be cool if they were just slightly less vague and cryptic about everything
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Sith would be interesting. I believe there are only 6 possible atm. Vader is achievement only (though most are at least close to 7*). EP is a monthly event. Maul is random in shipments. It'd be tough to get there for a lot of folks. Also, it mentions "best teamS". I'm wondering if it will simply require DS, but perhaps locks teams out after each "round".
  • Not sure why anyone would think saying it's an event excludes tournaments. "Event" is a very broad term. The first definition that comes up if you google it (I'm not making this up) is, "a thing that happens."

ALL TOURNAMENTS ARE EVENTS. (all tournaments are events, but not all events are tournaments) They're in the events area. They are one type of event. Anything you can do in this game outside of normal daily farming and such is an event. It couldn't be a more generic term. Thankfully the devs confirmed that this particular event is not a tournament.

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    oh i think i'm mainly just trying to convince myself, ha ha. 'cause i only have 2 sith at or above gear 10. so if it's just all sith, not sure if i can squeak by.
  • I hope it's not another Marquee event, and it's just a monthly thing like Yoda and Palpatine.
  • they also said to 'prepare your best team/squad'...so it'll probably be any character..then again it'll probably be an event kinda like the krenic/deathtrooper event
  • I mean be prepared to the fact that this will probably not be handed out easily. After all they want to make as much profits possible.

I for one would not be surprised if it's something like when palp was first released, but with a faction most people don't already have a full team for.
    And a long with that comes the store pack that can solve the lacking toons with expensive random shards much like the rebels pack that came out with the first palp event.

They got the data to determinate just about how they can make people spend as much money possible for an event like this.

If not directly by store packs, then indirectly by eg. Refreshing guild store to hurry up the process, or buying more cantina refreshes to hurry up the farm for an vital char etc.
  • CapGaSP confirmed that the event is NOT a tournament in a couple different threads.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Deleted
  • Bad thing if it isn't just sith characters is that we propely won't get him higher than 3-4* /:
  • As long as he's accessible-- Worse case scenario is you use sith, or jedi exclusively. I really really hope not as my jedi are lacking.

Best case is you can use anyone. But it really won't be something obscure like ewoks or clones ... so build up your force sensitives and hedge your bets.

• Weaver9 wrote: »
    As long as he's accessible-- Worse case scenario is you use sith, or jedi exclusively. I really really hope not as my jedi are lacking.

Best case is you can use anyone. But it really won't be something obscure like ewoks or clones ... so build up your force sensitives and hedge your bets.

EA is gonna troll you and make you use nightsisters to unlock him
  • 123456789Cattail
    176 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Weaver9 wrote: »

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. Why? Go and look at the Seperatist Assult Battle. It killed logic.
  • Whoops, messed up that post. Sorry.
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »
    As long as he's accessible-- Worse case scenario is you use sith, or jedi exclusively. I really really hope not as my jedi are lacking.

lol don't say that!
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Lol all these posts and biatchul speculations. Whales like Snakes will own this shi1at so why even speculate?

Us poor äss b1atches will get em toons when the time be right. Before that, let the whale fools roll at arena #1 for like 6 weeks.

I see this guy being locked behind a pay wall or only available in a biannual event.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Biannual? Once every 2 years?

I see this guy being locked behind a pay wall or only available in a biannual event.

If they put him in a $99 pack plus an event (so you get him at 5 or 6 stars) I'd be okay with that.
    Maljr1980 wrote: »

The troll would be so good idk if I'd even be mad