Why don't people use Akbar?

In my shard all I see is darth vader. I know he's only good because of debuffs. Why don't people use Akbar if he is a cleanser that sinergises with rebals wouldn't that wreak Vader? Or does his cleanse not affect Vader?

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Those running Vader probably have zeta lead which means when AA cleans the dots they just come back
  • You cant cleanse dots if the opponent is running a darth vader lead and he is alive.

Even if you could there are better rebel leaders plus the fact raw speed has been nerfed since shoretrooper/baze were introduced
  • Damage outstrips healing at higher levels and battles tend to be very fast, so his cleanse doesn't help as much as it does in Galactic War, where you can stall things and control the flow of the fight. His leader ability is good, but Wedge's is just better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Oh ok
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    Damage outstrips healing at higher levels and battles tend to be very fast, so his cleanse doesn't help as much as it does in Galactic War, where you can stall things and control the flow of the fight. His leader ability is good, but Wedge's is just better.

Ture, but Rex is still solid in arena against zader, because he will grant tm.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ackbar is much better for GW and raids than arena
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Damage outstrips healing at higher levels and battles tend to be very fast, so his cleanse doesn't help as much as it does in Galactic War, where you can stall things and control the flow of the fight. His leader ability is good, but Wedge's is just better.

Not really, in high end arena on matured shards.

speedy Vader team will reduce TM from round one, speedy Zaul team will do daze and stun and AOE slow in the first round. So in end game arena it will just come to one statement: who moves first...

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

speedy Vader team will reduce TM from round one, speedy Zaul team will do daze and stun and AOE slow in the first round. So in end game arena it will just come to one statement: who moves first...

Hmm.. I rarely move first. Win plenty.
  • scuba wrote: »

You must have something other than wiggs, lando, boba, sth then
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Because Chirrut, Kenobi and Rex all cleanse and do better stuff.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Face many wiggs, Boba, zader ZQGJ, a few Zauls. All the usual suspects that many talk about.
  • scuba wrote: »

Face many wiggs, Boba, zader ZQGJ, a few Zauls. All the usual suspects that many talk about.

The team I mentioned that makes up 90% of my shard is where The Who moves first wins comes from
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »

The team I mentioned that makes up 90% of my shard is where The Who moves first wins comes from

Type in "the who " and apple autocorrects it to some crappy 70s band lol
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Type in "the who " and apple autocorrects it to some **** 70s band lol

That is funny.
    The who goes first can definitely help. Not always needed though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not saying speed doesn't matter, but everyone has lost on defense and only 1 person is the fastest in each shard.... so there's that....
  • odatoyoda
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I use AA as lead in fairly high end arena (top 10 in a Feb 2016 shard when I have the time to work my way up). His +25 speed for rebels is the only way I can keep up with the whales in my shard.

I can beat Zader most of the time with AA (L), Wiggs, Boba and STH.

While the DoT's do show back up after they are cleansed, you do still get the healing effect.

I've seen AA pop up in a few other squads in my shard lately, so people are testing him out, but they never leave him in.

https://swgoh.gg/u/theeeeeeelongestnamepossible/
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Why doesn't anyone use a Tusken
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Taco wrote: »
    Why doesn't anyone use a Tusken

There are Tuskens in this game?
  • Maljr1980 wrote: »

It matters more in intermediate aged shards when STH and Lando are still relevant.