The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456718
Hiya.. this is a subject that needs to be discussed, but remember the goal of these forums is to create a community for players that is helpful, friendly, and allows them to give feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I need to ask people to be civil and follow Forum Guidelines. Here are some key ones that are getting people warned etc..

Unwanted topics
Posts and user feeds that contain the following elements, per the judgment of forum staff, are not permitted:
  • Discussion of moderation.
  • Discouraging other users from playing the game
  • Discouraging other users from making in game purchases
  • Posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators.
  • Posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines.
  • Threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores.

AS ALWAYS YOU CAN FIND THE FULL FORUM GUIDELINES HERE:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1186/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-forum-guidelines#latest
The Moderation team is just doing what we do, enforcing the Forum Guidelines. A good discourse is a great thing but it needs to be done within the rules that we live by.

Thanks.

Replies

• War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The Citadel pack would have been the first pack I buy a vault for, because I really want that duo. I've ran Empire meta since Vader was best Empire leader. My P3 HAAT team is EP, TFP, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, RG. I thought the time for my Empire meta was here, but a vault will only get me 5 packs, and let's face it, that'll be 25 shards each.

This'll be taken down fast, but for those that do see it. An Empire player who swears by Stormtrooper being a viable tank, won't be buying a pack specifically for Empire players. Brilliant marketing strategy there.
  • Options
    Same here, was getting ready to grab a vault to 5* these badboys... Turns out I just saved 100 bucks.
  • Options
    R1 bundle: Chirrut, Cassian, Jyn (total 50 + 50 + 80 = 180 shards) for $100. Add that to the 2 omegas (worth $2 each), 1 mil credits, 4k crystals etc., and you've got <$50 for 180 shards. 3 unlocks too, and with the crystals you can get Baze.
    I bought that since I didn't really get anything but 25 shards from tourneys.

Citadel: what a joke. 1 omega and 10 shards==> $30. 10 shards = $28.
    lord. HOW ARE WE GONNA GET THESE TOONS TO 7*.
  • ReturnOfTheBroda
    89 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Never have I seen such blatant disregard for a player base and such a shameless cash grab.
    Post edited by ReturnOfTheBroda on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It 3000 for 10.

Big jump from 50-100 crystals per shard to 300.

They just went kraken only.
  • Hydracarbon
    665 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    EA/CG be like this with those packs...lol

9v0YuuK.gif
  • Options
    All I have to do is win a lottery and "donate" it all to this game.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    wait for them to be f2p
  • Valjean
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yup, it's so absurd these prices are insulting.
    valjean913 or BHG Valjean#5571
  • Options
    How long before this thread gets deleted too?
  • Options
    Ok ea/cg I was actually excited about spending to get death trooper his kit looks really nice congrats on that! So here is the deal I'm proposing I will buy the crystals to 7* kropper if you guys pay for my divorce lawyer, or my funeral
  • R2D2MTLcrew
    69 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I become f2p ! No more cash to spend on a game who doesn't care of us
  • Options
    Thank you EA, I love this! It is so much better than what you did with shoretrooper, basically making him a year long farm and in an impossible hard node. Now I can actually get more than one shard a day. And you're giving me ability mats and credits with it, you must really love me and are showing me so because Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I'm blushing right now because of you. I was going to go see rouge one again today, but I think I'll just spend that twenty bucks on 5 shards of krennick instead, so anytime I want to see him I can just pull out my phone and look at him. Today is a great day.
  • Options
    Hiya.. this is a subject that needs to be discussed, but remember the goal of these forums is to create a community for players that is helpful, friendly, and allows them to give feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I need to ask people to be civil and follow Forum Guidelines. Here are some key ones that are getting people warned etc..

Unwanted topics
    Posts and user feeds that contain the following elements, per the judgment of forum staff, are not permitted:
    • Discussion of moderation.
    • Discouraging other users from playing the game
    • Discouraging other users from making in game purchases
    • Posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators.
    • Posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines.
    • Threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores.

"You're free tonight discuss anything as long as it isn't negative"

Ok so about those Citadel packs...ok...I've got nothing.

• mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    EA needs to fix the price cause it has to be a mistake. Then give us a free 50 shards for our choice of krennic or DT for all the wasted keystrokes posting on the forums...then the pitchforks will stop
  • Options
    I'll say it again even though it originally didn't break the TOS, as a F2P I was saving crystals for months for this occasion and might of even use some cash to finish it out a new empire team for the first time.

But no, I guess I'll just stick to rebels and invest in chaze.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I usually try to be as constructive as possible with my criticism, but I don't know what to say.

Simply... I was looking forward to playing with something new, and I can't. Over $1000 USD for a character just isn't reasonable.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Hey EA, don't give us a ludicrously overpriced pack and not expect us to voice our displeasure. Silencing the masses won't somehow convince us that these blatant moneygrabs are acceptable.
    I was about to drop a vault or 2 on DT and Krennic lol.. I heard Star Wars Force Arena is pretty good :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    My guild has been enraged with the price increases recently and have decided that they will not spend anymore on crystals or toons.its not something that i have pushed at all but people have thier own minds and chat to each other through line and other messaging services.
    I am concerned that a lot of players will leave the game and with over 200 members now agreeing to this from our comunity alone i doubt that we are alone in feeling like this.
    To be clear we love the game many have been playing for more than a year and look forward to playing it for another year but with new toons destroying the ones that they have allready invested in being released every month its reached tipping point for them..
    Anyway dont need to reply just wished to share that in hope its read by the right person.
  • Options
    I believe that dt and krennic are now the second and third most expensive characters at their release, only being beaten by Baze during the chromium migration.

I look forward to the reaction to the feedback regarding the citadel pack. I just hope that the loss of goodwill and two days of complaints before Monday does not hurt the SWGOH brand too much.
  • Options
    I would invest if the shard cost was cut in half,but 2999 that's out of line.I have spent close to 1500 so far,but I can't justify this.It feels like we are getting ripped on this one.I still love the game,but feel like the ball was dropped on this!
  • Options
    For the first time in a while I was willing to buy 2 vault of crystals to see if I can get DK or DT to at least 6 stars plus some gear but nope...can't justify $30 for a mislay 10 shards. No thank you
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    I don't post much and have never posted about pricing of packs until now ... if will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was a market offer test to see the high end of what people will pay before there is a revolt. You know it now so good job marketers and product managers. Now go complete your job and make up a PR excuse and fix the bloody pricing.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    3k crystals is way too much. I put aside up to $200 to get 7* Krennic and as much as I could with that for DT. But going to spend that on something else now.
  • Options
    As i mentioned before, 3000 crystals for 5+5 shards are a joke.. It should be at least 30+30! Still expensive enough, because you can only Star one toon per pack (1st DT goes to 4*, 2nd DK goes to 5*, because you have now 60 shards etc).
  • Options
    I was all set to drop $300- $400 had bought my Google play cards and was standing by. These packs come out and I was disappointed. I am not willing to spend $500 a toon. EA just lost money from me and alot more I'm sure
  • Options
    This pack is a bad joke...The Tie pack was a bad joke too. 2 in the same week is too much i think.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Curious if anyone has purchased any of these and what the drop rates look like?
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I play in a guild with a lof of dolphins and whales. When toons like this come out, a lot of people spend 2-3 vaults. There was some excitement with Krennic and DT and more options for Empire. But the price tag has just reached new dimensions and the majority doesn't spend anything.

It is now the third time that those exclusive toons leave a very sour taste in the mouth if spenders (Baze in Chromium, the Rebel pack where there was a chance that drops of the same toon can happen, when in the end it always happens with the two least usefull toons), and people wonder how this will continue.

The current game is in a good state with all those new events and the reoccuring ones, there was probably never a time like this with so much to experiment in terms of toons and meta, the new toons look exciting, but seeing this price tag, it feels like the accountant/analysts lost touch with the players and what is justified.

Furthermore it also devaluates future events like the announced Darth Nihilus event. Why play it and get a 3-4* toon when the price tag after it makes it unaffordable?
This discussion has been closed.