The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Guys I need some advice. It turns out over got a spare £1,100 and the wife and I can't decide how to spend it.

Should we go for:

* a 7 night all inclusive holiday in the Canary Islands, including all flights, accommodation, food and drinks;
    * a 55" HDR TV, plus sound bar;
    * a 7 night medditeran cruise;
    * a pair of season tickets for our local premier league team;
    * promoting Director Krennic and Deathtrooper to 7 stars?

Promoting the characters seems like the best long term value, since once you've spent that much on a mobile phone game I assume everything else is unlocked and you never have to spend any more...
  • I'd just like to note the relevant prices elsewhere in the game to put into perspective why this confounds me.
    If you use Baze/Shore trooper as a premium crystal only character that's very highly regarded he is 640 crystals for 8 shards or 80 per shard. 5 shards is 400 crystals.
    595K minimum credit pack is 595 crystals. So let's say 300 Crystal value on the safe side.
    Omega challenge refresh 200 crystals.
    Mk III ability mats probably you'd get 2 from a 100K Cantina refresh.
    MK II are plentiful and you wouldn't spend for it.
    So in a fair
    10 shards = 800
    250K credits = 300
    The rest = 300 for a total 1400 Crystals.
    That Chromium data pack price of 1330 seems pretty spot on.
    The chance to get more than 5 shards is the carrot that makes you feel like you are beating the odds and to keep trying your luck. Don't make regret and disappointment a hallmark of this aspect of a great game please.

I appreciate the format to get both characters at low level. I really do, but the toon roster is huge now with so many places to invest your time, resources and money if that's your thing.
    Thanks for your time.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member

DarthHoobs wrote: »
    I still find it wierd we now live in a world where white-collar business people will charge a mobile game cartoon character at the same price as a week's rent, and even worse that people pay it. And yet they go home at night and neither feel sick about doing it. Especially since a full-blown PS4 game thats taken years to develop and teams of people who have slaved over it and are heavily underpaid while their bosses drive porsches, still charge $79 for the whole package.

I get that these games are worried about "staleness" and flooding the game with max kroopers, but there are other options like limiting how many "shards" you get per day.

But but the Devs said it takes them few weeks to create a new toon( probably not more then a month) So a AAA game thats years in development. Where you have a 30+ hours(at least) singleplayer and in most cases a online multiplayer, costs 60$. 2 mobile game toons 800$ Makes sense.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Guys I need some advice. It turns out over got a spare £1,100 and the wife and I can't decide how to spend it.

Should we go for:

* a 7 night all inclusive holiday in the Canary Islands, including all flights, accommodation, food and drinks;

Promoting the characters seems like the best long term value, since once you've spent that much on a mobile phone game I assume everything else is unlocked and you never have to spend any more...

Clearly you aren't tied to school holidays for your cruises......

My thoughts were

- 6 months council tax
    - Sky full package and phone/broadband for a year
    - New mattress
    - A few months food bill...
    - A curry out a week....
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Prices are ridiculous in this game . I understand that it's a business and you need to cover your bottom line but a grand for a toon . I can buy a gaming computer with a couple far better games with that nobody in there right mind in today's economy can justify paying that much on a pixel toon in a phone game. Game is in a great place right now with the diversity of toons that we can use and with the pumping up the community with rise of the darkside then slapping these prices on us I fear your pushing us away to Force arena . As far your bottom line you would make so much more money from us putting these toons in a cantina node or hard nodes. We would buy vaults to farm these toons and gear that way again check your player base we're not millionaires I'm in a family of 4 guilds our discord is lit up right now in disgust of these prices and many will just say enough is enough im sure still time to fix this hope you read this and take to heart.
  • Signed up just to say this.
    Not a big spender , 20-50 euro a month. But for Krooper i wanted to buy a vault. Made sure i had money in the account since friday , as bank is closed on the weekend when the packs came out.
    Imagine the dissapointment when i saw the price of the pack.
    My money will be put to other use.
  • ottodidact wrote: »
    To EA: I truly miss Aurodium Packs. They were modestly priced and whales could be whales without feeling horrible about their purchases. I have disposable income to spend on this game but I can't in my conscience spend to this level. I know others will but they will likely have remorse afterwards. I urge you to reconsider this model.
    Respectfully,
    ottodidact

+1
    I found the Aurodium packs to be worth the value and would continue to invest in them.
    Another note is that after the bond breaks between the consumer and the developer, its hard to recover and players will lose interest much faster as they believe their loyalty has been taken for granted.
    iN Minion - Team Instinct
  • Bit overpriced I would say.

Your game, your choice in setting the price point but certainly I can't afford that.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • I was highly disappointed from that move. I was among the few lost souls that went all out to get Baze just to see price reduced and reakize just how much money i poured downthe drain. Plus, EA never offered any consolation or lube. I will not be doing that again.

That said, what truly disappointed me is that Ive seen a lot of teammates leave or become disengaged lately: there is anew interactive & cheaper star wars themed game that also offers real time pvp.when new competition arises, common sense would suggest EA should double down to compete and keep us here. New release characters, new content, promotions. Instead they doubled down our prices. I cant imagine the price range is elastic enough, and the amount of ppl they will lose over this is imo justnot worth it
  • Tal_Shiarr_01
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks EA I am now f2p after spend the best part of £2000 in the last year on this game, I will spend no more... think I might buy myself a new mountain bike with the 2k I am now saving... Thanks again EA brilliant strategy to stop me wasting my money on pixels
  • the video i saw on youtube opened 45 packs. around 860usd
  • Hadhafang
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The pricing for this pack is frankly disgusting there is no other way to describe it .In one day you have managed to pretty much insult a large chunk of your player base . Ea / CG are a large company so you don't really have a excuse for this atrocity .

Another thing to remember is that a small quantity of your customers use the forum and I can tell you most people are pretty angry about this . one of the first rules of business is that it can take years to build up a good reputation and mere moments to destroy it , this pack has pretty much done this over the space of a weekend .

As a U.K. Player the price is doubly insulting considering the massive price increase we have had to swallow and it just shows that as a company you don't really care about your customers
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Hadhafang wrote: »
    The pricing for this pack is frankly disgusting there is no other way to describe it .In one day you have managed to pretty much insult a large chunk of your player base . Ea / CG are a large company so you don't really have a excuse for this atrocity .

Another thing to remember is that a small quantity of your customers use the forum and I can tell you most people are pretty angry about this . one of the first rules of business is that it can take years to build up a good reputation and mere moments to destroy it , this pack has pretty much done this over the space of a weekend .

As a U.K. Player the price is doubly insulting considering the massive price increase we have had to swallow and it just shows that as a company you don't really care about your customers

+1

This just feels evil to me. I don't think I've ever heard quite this much outrage over pricing.

I thought a couple days would make me no longer care, but I'm getting more angry by it. My urge to spend anything has been complete reversed and my desire to play the game is quickly leaving.

There's still time for them to fix this and make amends. The question is will they do the right thing. It's gone beyond two characters, but an overall feeling about these companies and the game as a whole.
  • It's 2 toons if u don't want pay don't. I think there is a reason there's 4 packs with 2 different amounts to see what they can get.i don't understand why you people need every toon right away if you had everything and every toon what really would there be to do enjoy the game and have some patience
  • Another thing why would u want it the other price a 2-10 you double that 4000 crystals 4-20 dk is 3000 crystals at 5-30 seems better deal to me
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    TwiztidJay wrote: »
    Another thing why would u want it the other price a 2-10 you double that 4000 crystals 4-20 dk is 3000 crystals at 5-30 seems better deal to me

Its really 5 or 30 not 5-30. the 30 shard drop is a 10% drop rate i think
  • As a loyal player it saddens me to see what they did here. The event looked great early on seeing as though tournaments are broken. After a long and drawn out event to get two characters activated...they release an insane expensive pack that drops little to nothing in the way of finishing the two characters. I sincerely hope that they didn't meet their projections for the Citadel pack and realize how the community feels about this blatant and transparent move.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Guys I need some advice. It turns out over got a spare £1,100 and the wife and I can't decide how to spend it.

Should we go for:

This right is is what's wrong with this game
  • I agree too expensive. I bought both tie and citadel packs multiple times. 30 shards has to be <5%. I bought a lot of tie packs because i didnt get the unlock of the tie and never received any bonus shards. Bought krennic 4-5 times and received 1 30 for death.
  • I am taking my 300$ I was going to spend on these packs and donating it to a food bank... And my future subscription purchases will go to that same food bank... I'm done feeding EA/CG steaks on my dollar...
  • The most expensive thing in terms of price/benefit I've ever seen in my life. For a 1/30 of 7* char (10 shards), I must pay half of my daily income :) In other words, I must work for a month to have 7* char hehe
  • AKK889 wrote: »
    Charlatan wrote: »
    Dear Powers that Be at Spenders Anonymous

My name is Charlatan and I am a whale, possibly a kraken. I have played this game since Dec 2015 and I have spent a fair amount. From Chromiums, Aud, Ships, Rebel Packs (in order to star advance due to the malignant presence of rampant abusers), refreshing mod shop and purchasing enough mods to drown in, I've done it all and seen it all.

Others above have commented on how poorly various character releases have been (mis) managed so I won't reiterate the point. However, I do feel extremely appalled at the pricing of the current packs especially vis-a-vis the length of time these remain meta. By pricing it as such, the perceived "value" in the packs are insulting and in my humble view, reflects poorly in judgment. For us, it's a game we enjoy. For you, it's a revenue stream. So I am sure you agree that sustainability is important.

EA's vision is to be a "generous company and a community member". The 2008 iteration of the Code of Conduct has Customer Satisfaction as one of its key values where relationships are built and feedback sought. In your current Global Code of Conduct, player relationships are stated to be your most valuable asset. Your CEO's message in that same document talks about providing an ethical work environment and I submit that this ethical environment should extend to your most valuable asset.

I sincerely hope this would be looked at in detail and feedback solicited. I note there's a third party reporting service hosted via ethicspoints but I feel the forum is the place where feedback should be digested and examined AND comments from developers provided.

Cheers
    Charlatan

Hear, hear.
    Hope they're listening.
  • I was hoping my arena crystals would be enough... NOPE
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • The real kicker here to me is that, since they've made it so any team can be beaten, they have partially brought this on themselves. The way I see it, let's say I have a meta team, we'll call it team A. But there is always at least one team that can beat this team. I may beat team B but lose to team C. If I want to keep team C from beating me, I have to swap in my team D. However, with my team D in, team B, E or F may now beat me.

When I look at it this way, there is no longer much value to me in paying for things such as this pack. There will always be a team who can beat it no matter what. Not to mention these two toons will be replaced by others in the very near future. Things like this can often have a negative impact and likely cannot be easily reversed.

I feel that the devs used to listen but must follow a chain of commands like we all do. It's sad that this game has taken a turn such as this. I'm sure the devs are cringing just as much as we are over this, unfortunately.
  • This is too expensive, l am a free to play and l was saving my crystals for 3 weeks, l only have 4K crystals and l can buy just ONE PACK! This is so sad
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    These two new toons are the Rolls Royce of toons at the moment. So if you can't afford them then move on. Play with what you have until they are free to farm. Lol.

I wouldn't call them the Rolls Royce of toons. I can think of a bunch of teams that would have no trouble beating them. I've been using them in GW and find myself having to switch to other toons to beat certain teams.

They're good, but not the end all that will beat every team. They won't make you stay in the top 5 unmoved for days. Even if they were they wouldn't be worth the equivalent of a month's worth of pay for some people just to use at maxed level.

Sure, everyone move on like this price gouging never happened if you don't want to pay over $1000. This sort of thing should just go unchecked.
  • Bremlo1486 wrote: »
    The real kicker here to me is that, since they've made it so any team can be beaten, they have partially brought this on themselves. The way I see it, let's say I have a meta team, we'll call it team A. But there is always at least one team that can beat this team. I may beat team B but lose to team C. If I want to keep team C from beating me, I have to swap in my team D. However, with my team D in, team B, E or F may now beat me.

When I look at it this way, there is no longer much value to me in paying for things such as this pack. There will always be a team who can beat it no matter what. Not to mention these two toons will be replaced by others in the very near future. Things like this can often have a negative impact and likely cannot be easily reversed.

I feel that the devs used to listen but must follow a chain of commands like we all do. It's sad that this game has taken a turn such as this. I'm sure the devs are cringing just as much as we are over this, unfortunately.

I would add that "metas" are lasting less and less everytime.
    Remember Rex? How long was that (way cheaper) exclusive?

How long was shoretrooper worth it? Before baze came along?
    How long from chase to deathnic?

I wonder how long from it will be from Deathnic to the next.

The "depreciation periods" are getting shorter making the spending way more less valuable, if you add that to the increase in price, reason would say... well I can't say it (forum rules)
    Lol.

• Malthael wrote: »
    Bremlo1486 wrote: »
    The real kicker here to me is that, since they've made it so any team can be beaten, they have partially brought this on themselves. The way I see it, let's say I have a meta team, we'll call it team A. But there is always at least one team that can beat this team. I may beat team B but lose to team C. If I want to keep team C from beating me, I have to swap in my team D. However, with my team D in, team B, E or F may now beat me.

I would add that "metas" are lasting less and less everytime.
    Remember Rex? How long was that (way cheaper) exclusive?

How long was shoretrooper worth it? Before baze came along?
    How long from chase to deathnic?

I wonder how long from it will be from Deathnic to the next.

The "depreciation periods" are getting shorter making the spending way more less valuable, if you add that to the increase in price, reason would say... well I can't say it (forum rules)
    Lol.

Many of the toons that fall out of meta are still viable. People are lemmings in that aspect and follow what everyone else is doing. Rex is still meta. Others who once were are making a comeback against empire.

It's the amount of toons that are rolling out so fast that's hard to keep up with. And with prices like this, it looks like most won't be keeping up at all.
  • I want to give you guys my money, but this pack & recent purchase options have been outrageously overpriced. Honestly, even when toons cost about 200 to 7*, that was still an outrageous price.

New toons should cost less than 100, and money should be made off the matierials needed to max them (I'm sure you guys make more off gear and mods than toons). New toons should cost the same as a new videogame for a console.

Lastly, we have alternative means of buying ability mats and credits. Please sell these resources separate from character shards. No reason to include them in character packs bc it just inflates the price further
This discussion has been closed.