The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• DrewR wrote: »
    Game must have a product manager who used to work for airlines. The similarities are so strong. Airlines charge $$$$$ for biz class and only $ for economy seats...............

Game's product manager is probably very smart.
    He looks at his spreadsheet and figures "Well, we made that much with the last pack, so let's see what happens if i multiply that number by 3. - Yep, that looks even better. Price set." Consequences? Wait? What consequences..
  • CoReTeX wrote: »
    DrewR wrote: »
    Game must have a product manager who used to work for airlines. The similarities are so strong. Airlines charge $$$$$ for biz class and only $ for economy seats...............

Game's product manager is probably very smart.
    He looks at his spreadsheet and figures "Well, we made that much with the last pack, so let's see what happens if i multiply that number by 3. - Yep, that looks even better. Price set." Consequences? Wait? What consequences..

Ha.... Great synergy bud :)
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    chrischaos wrote: »
    In an effort to keep the thread alive, i'll agree and let the community know that i bought 1 citadel pack and stopped. I would like the new chars and would be willing to spend $200-$400 for them but i will not spend what is required to 7* them. This was always somewhat ridiculous but things are seemingly out of control now with the pricing structure in place.

Aside from the price themselves, the kicker is that you need really good speed stats on your mods for them to work anyway. You can spend $1,500 but unless you can toss at least 100 speed on them (a little more for DT) you might as well not even bother. Plus you better be able to put 100 speed on Tie Fighter Pilot or the squad doesn't really work all that well either.

If they wanted to sell the packs with 12 mods (1 of each shape, 1 for each character) that can put 100 or more speed on them, then maybe we're talking.

Since DT can gain 100% turn meter when Krennic is hit, he doesn't need all that much speed to be effective. Sure the more the better. Also if you have a fast enough Tie Pilot he has a chance to remove enemy turn meter before they can go under zader lead.

But yes it will be costly to get them going properly and take a lot of resources. Everything should be omegaed, and DT should be zetaed for full potential.

That aside the pack is too ridiculous to worry about it. I'm hoping there's a response soon and it's fixed, because it's certainly broken right now. Their profits would have been much higher if everyone up in arms over this dropped some coin on it.
  • @Nikoms565 Absolutely. I think most of us (I at least) didn't realize that those toons like Wedge, Rex, SF and B2 were going to be meta defining at the time and going forward. I think most of paying players would now get Aurodiums simply for the fact that most of them were probably going to meta for a while. I missed out on Rex, looked at B2 and went "meh". Oh how wrong we were.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Take out of that pack omega, ability mats, credits, etc and leave only shards. Make it 1099 crystals with a guaranteed 10 shards for each toon plus a chance at 50 shards. Because we know the chance to make the great pull is always very bad.

This current offer is an insult to player base!!
  • Palpachino
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    A course correction is in order EA.

You have a large loyal fan base.. aka revenue stream. So why drive them off with outrageous costs?

This isn't directed solely at the Citadel pack either.. all aspects of the game have been slowly becoming unsustainable financially for many of us paying players. This message is being echoed on YouTube, in chat lines and guild forums. I know your mods censor us and threaten us when we complain here but if they end up banning us. All they will have succeeded is speeding up what your cost model is doing already. Think about it..

Please EA work on increasing your client ranks, improving the quality of the gaming experience.
  • I'm not the first or the last to mention how the way the game is structured to spend crystals is unacceptable. Cosmetics, some customization i'll agree with, but not when it comes to progression. I was a whale in year one, i'll admit it, however it was because of my enthusiasm for a new star wars game that I actually enjoyed which inspired me to donate/support/ pay whatever you want to call it. These so called "deals" are not deals at all, and if you wish to continue making any profit at all instead of having the product die in a few years, this must change. Please stop forcing us to play crystal simulator 2017 and instead let us enjoy the game you've built. Hell i can't even play the game anymore because i have no energy left so i'm forced to wait? I don't even care about rewards i want to test things out. Come on guys.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Hey EA, don't give us a ludicrously overpriced pack and not expect us to voice our displeasure. Silencing the masses won't somehow convince us that these blatant moneygrabs are acceptable.
    I was about to drop a vault or 2 on DT and Krennic lol.. I heard Star Wars Force Arena is pretty good :wink:

Yeah, Force Arena is pretty great, and you can get along quite well if you are not paying anything, though a bit slower. And they have Thrawn! :smiley:
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • 499-1000 crystals wouldve been better. Will not buy at this high a price for such a low drop rate.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    This is like group boarding.......$$$$ board first, follow by $$$, $$, and finally $.
    And $$$ group is yelling $$$$$ to board faster...........
  • Palpachino wrote: »
    A course correction is in order EA.

You have a large loyal fan base.. aka revenue stream. So why drive them off with outrageous costs?

This isn't directed solely at the Citadel pack either.. all aspects of the game have been slowly becoming unsustainable financially for many of us paying players. This message is being echoed on YouTube, in chat lines and guild forums. I know your mods censor us and threaten us when we complain here but if they end up banning us. All they will have succeeded is speeding up what your cost model is doing already. Think about it..

Please EA work on increasing your client ranks, improving the quality of the gaming experience.

I agree with everything you said besides the moderation. Yes, there is some censorship but for the most part I think Bentwookie and Joker have gone a pretty decent job with this particular topic. They are caught between a rock and a hard place to be honest. I just hope CG/EA is actually reading any of this and will be proactive to change our perception of them and their overly zealous, greedy business model of late.
  • A guy in my guild got both DK and DT to 7*. We all saw it in the in-game feed. He said he spent about $800 to get them there. I suspect it was a bit more. Either way, I find it personally insulting that I would even be offered such a product. I've spent a fair amount of money on this game, and while I don't feel like I should be *given* something because of that, I also don't feel like a new product offer should come with a slap in the face.

I feel like the message is "thanks for your support so far, but it's not nearly enough". For only 5 shards each, I feel like a more appropriate cost would be in the 599-1099 crystals, if these toons are considered "Uber elite". I know, I don't have to play the game if I don't want to, and I don't have to spend money if I don't want to, but what I'm saying is that I HAVE spent money and I'm willing to spend more, but there has to be value.

Are we taking bets on Nihilus yet? 9999 crystals for one shard with a chance for zero shards?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    the punchline is that krooper is not as powerful as chaze!
  • I agree toons used to cost 200 to 300 to pull a full 7 star toon the aurodium pack heck if u was lucky less I been a player and guild leader here since beta and the cost of living here has raised to a point it's not worth it 200 ok but 600 a toon how stupid honestly r u if 200 for pixels wasn't bad 600 is robbery what's next month 2000 a toon get real
  • The econ team at EA is smart. They are testing what the market will bear - market elasticity. The second thing that is happening is price point setting. The intent may not have been to push players to purchase at the 3000 crystal/pack mark, but rather, to have players perceive 1200/pack as a good price point. The plan all along may have been to reduce the price to the 1200 after 'shocking' the player base with 3000. While this sounds cynical, it also makes sense. The pricing was intentional, and done with a lot of thought. It is naive to suggest that the EA team doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they are doing.
  • djvita wrote: »

Not sure about that, but the Krennic lead is not good and definitely not worth a zeta on-top of the $1,000 price-tag.
  • djvita wrote: »

Not sure about that, but the Krennic lead is not good and definitely not worth a zeta on-top of the $1,000 price-tag.

Yeah I agree, I think the jury is still out on that. There aren't a lot of folks with maxed Chaze and fewer still with maxed Krooper.
  • I'm all for people spending their money however they'd like, but I'm surprised there is enough demand at some of these price points. I'd be extremely curious to see the analytics in this game! Again, people are free to choose to spend their money however they want, but if I was some of these spenders I could think of hundreds more entertaining things to do with that amount of money. Hell, I could pay a mortgage for a home for ****** and giggles and call it my man cave.
  • There's an interesting post on Reddit suggesting that less than 1% of the player base bought enough packs to get them to 7-stars, a little over 50 players total. 50 out of the entire population of SWGOH players? WOW!
  • LOBOTION
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Put them in 3d and 3f cantina
  • I hope the avalanche of mainly intelligent, well-reasoned and articulate comments regarding the Citadel pack price, causes someone senior within CG to sit up and take notice.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Funniest thread made since GW thread!! The hate flow it's huge lol.... Honestly i had no interest over krooper since the start so i've never even considered buying the pack, but many in my guild bought it and they regreat to their souls. Apparently, the price payed wasn't worth the benefits won...

Maybe it's time to bring Aurodium packs back... Or maybe rise the rewards if you guys don't want to lower the price...
  • I could pretty easily be categorized as a moderate-more than moderate spender. But this price is lavish and frustrating. I get that it is a for profit game, but..it reaches a certain level of crazy at a certain price point.
    I was LOOKING FORWARD to spending up to $200 bucks on these characters. But then was priced out of spending money. To be clear, I really enjoy this game. And the level of detail and care put into character creation is greatly appreciated as a huge Star Wars fan. But the level of descretionary income people need to have to access some of their favorite characters is silly.
  • Yea, I'm done. My spending is over.
  • Understand the game needs to make money but when the price is that steep and the chances minimal thats a mistake! For 5-30 shards should be looking around 1500-2000 crystals and even thats steep on a chance, i want to see this game succeed and continue but high prices on chances = no dice i think alot of people agree so instead of making things over priced attract more players by lowering prices and more guarantees
  • Thanks for a great game up until this point, charging 3000 crystals for 10 shards and a very minimal chance at 35 is ludacris. Ban me if you want. But I'm done spending. You just lost a spending customer who has spent thousands . Change it and I may continue. Until then I'm done.
  • Hiya.. I removed a few posts.

This is not the thread to discuss the Psychology of gaming\addiction whatever This is for feedback on the Citadel Pack.

Everyone has been REALLY Good about staying on topic and being civil. Let's try to keep it that way, there is a whole forum out there to discuss other aspects of the game.

It's important that the players voices can be heard regarding this subject.

Thanks.
  • While I understand EA wants to increase revenues, I just feel that us Darksiders are being short-ended. Let's analyze:
    1. Biggs/Wedge are easily/moderately farmed and provide excellent synergy.
    2. Baze is constantly available, more so than ShT.
    3. K2SO is always available via **** and he was given as a huge bonus.
    4. 3 x tournament available rebels (rare): Chirrut, Cassian, Jyn.

In my opinion, it seems that too many light side "freebies" have been given but not enough dark side.

I think we need to balance this and at least give us a full Deathtrooper or Krennic like with K2SO or at least have some sort of decent pack available for purchase with $. I would be compelled to buy if the price is right.

I just don't think that 2,999 crystals is worth a *chance* at 30 shards to either which would not even promote them to the next star level in any case.

tl;dr:

- Balance for dark side aquirement
    - Better deal in package suggestion
    - 4 LS synergies farmable/obtained vs 0.5 DS synergies farmable/obtained (number is calculated from star level/availability of characters).
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    While I understand EA wants to increase revenues, I just feel that us Darksiders are being short-ended. Let's analyze:
    1. Biggs/Wedge are easily/moderately farmed and provide excellent synergy.
    2. Baze is constantly available, more so than ShT.
    3. K2SO is always available via **** and he was given as a huge bonus.
    4. 3 x tournament available rebels (rare): Chirrut, Cassian, Jyn.

In my opinion, it seems that too many light side "freebies" have been given but not enough dark side.

I think we need to balance this and at least give us a full Deathtrooper or Krennic like with K2SO or at least have some sort of decent pack available for purchase with $. I would be compelled to buy if the price is right.

I just don't think that 2,999 crystals is worth a *chance* at 30 shards to either which would not even promote them to the next star level in any case.

tl;dr:

- Balance for dark side aquirement
    - Better deal in package suggestion
    - 4 LS synergies farmable/obtained vs 0.5 DS synergies farmable/obtained (number is calculated from star level/availability of characters).

TFP and Boba are reasonable, but I agree that Empire is a bit too "exclusive". I think it works nice on the other hand, as empire is mainly end game:

1-40: Random squads, multiple healers
    41-60: Some DPS like GS or Rey and a healer or two
    61-70: Here you start moving away from healers, go more for DPS, taunts and buffs, lack of synergy still
    70-84: Rebels, straight DPS, synergy
    85: Empire/Dark Side

I would say this is somewhat close to the meta based on player level

Problem is with tourneys and whatever, there are many rebel pure endgame toons, but that should be there for balance. Just need more dark side, but it is getting much better, with Boba, Kylo, Zader, Zaul, whatever
This discussion has been closed.