The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• I'm barely a dolphin and never buy packs for this game, preferring to buy crystals for farming shards.

I would buy and can afford this packs if I knew your future pricing (roughly!). But I will not spend because I genuinely cant budget for spending on this game cos the next released meta toons can be so much more expensive than the last.

I could by krooper now and then in 3 months you could release new toons which are the new top toons at 6000 crystals per pack

There is no faith or trust in EA's future pricing. Very short sighted.
  • Warrior_TI wrote: »
    My constructive feedback - make the 2999 pack guaranteed 30 shards of each. Problem solved. I am serious.

50 crystals a shard. Simple. Guaranteed.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    All of you people saying that this price is "way too much for me" and "bring back aurodiums" sound ridiculous too me.

Is this price too much for me?
    Duh.

Are aurodiums too much for me?
    Duh.

I don't think you whales understand that you are the reason for this. Yeàh you ate up $200+ toons when the game started like it was nothing. By doing that you let them know that you would pay high dollar for a pixel on your phone...Why would they not slowly drive prices up continuously. It has been over 15 months now and you've still been buying every new toon you see. So of course it's going to steadily rise.

Ask yourself this, does any new product go down in price from the last? The newest vehicles? The newest consoles? The newest shoes? Even products that are excatly the same rise in price (cigarettes, sodas, food, etc.)

I won't be buying this pack just like I didn't buy the overpriced aurodiums toons. I have a family to feed and a life, plus I'm poor (lol). If you can afford to pay for overpriced pixels why stop now, when you didn't before? I can patiently wait for them to become f2p like every single other toon has.

Btw just got rex to 7* from guild shipments for da free. Have fun with your $200 rex from last year that is exactly the same as mine.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    All of you people saying that this price is "way too much for me" and "bring back aurodiums" sound ridiculous too me.

Duh.

Duh.

I don't think you whales understand that you are the reason for this. Yeàh you ate up $200+ toons when the game started like it was nothing. By doing that you let them know that you would pay high dollar for a pixel on your phone...Why would they not slowly drive prices up continuously. It has been over 15 months now and you've still been buying every new toon you see. So of course it's going to steadily rise.

Ask yourself this, does any new product go down in price from the last? The newest vehicles? The newest consoles? The newest shoes? Even products that are excatly the same rise in price (cigarettes, sodas, food, etc.)

I won't be buying this pack just like I didn't buy the overpriced aurodiums toons. I have a family to feed and a life, plus I'm poor (lol). If you can afford to pay for overpriced pixels why stop now, when you didn't before? I can patiently wait for them to become f2p like every single other toon has.

Btw just got rex to 7* from guild shipments for da free. Have fun with your $200 rex from last year that is exactly the same as mine.

Just stop feeding your family and then you'll free up some money for gear, eventually you won't need a house either.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Duh.

Duh.

Just stop feeding your family and then you'll free up some money for gear, eventually you won't need a house either.

Lol, I did contemplate on starting a new eat-once-a-week diet plan when I seen the gear requirements for GK. I guess I made the right decision because luckily we are still alive.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    My constructive feedback - make the 2999 pack guaranteed 30 shards of each. Problem solved. I am serious.

I'll have peace on those terms

I would be satisfied as well on those terms...
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Duh.

Duh.

Lol, I did contemplate on starting a new eat-once-a-week diet plan when I seen the gear requirements for GK. I guess I made the right decision because luckily we are still alive.

When I was in college I only slept and ate twice a week, made it four years. I think you'll be OK
  • Red4loko
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    When I was in college I only slept and ate twice a week, made it four years. I think you'll be OK[/quote]

Well having a family makes it's a lot harder and I call **** on eating once a week. No offense but you'd have no energy to even think about school. Let alone do well in school...

And also I agree with the pricing on this Citidel Pack. It's outrageous but there are obviously paying for it. I recently saw on a friends shard that they had DT and Krennic maxed. It's stupidity. Plan and simple. I don't care if you make millions any "smart" individual that has that kind of money would not spend it on this game. I have no clue what EA/CG are thinking.
  • Here are my thoughts on everything (keep in mind I haven't been playing as long as most here)

Why is everyone freaking out lately? So many complaints about prices and toons having too much power!

Prices: first off why are you spending 100s or even 1000s on a mobile game? Don't you have a family to support? Or a future family for that point. Also think about this; the devs may not decide the prices on these packs or how rooms come out (tourney, packs,nodes) their boses probably do!

"Overpowered toons": ok I do understand this point a little. The rogue 1 toons are crazy good but they did ultimately get the plans for deathstar and had huge impact (not saying others didn't). But do you want EP to have the same arena viability as a storm trooper for balance? Probably not!

The devastating are people too!
  • People can spend their money on whatever they choose why do you care? Most of the people dropping serious coin are not hurting for money.
  • Khayman wrote: »
    People can spend their money on whatever they choose why do you care? Most of the people dropping serious coin are not hurting for money.
    I don't care! Keep wasting your money for all I care. But stop complaining about the prices going up or shards going down because you keep buying why wouldn't they raise the prise a little here...a little there
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Khayman wrote: »
    People can spend their money on whatever they choose why do you care? Most of the people dropping serious coin are not hurting for money.

Why do you care about people caring about people spending money?
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Khayman wrote: »

Why do you care about people caring about people spending money?

lol I agree
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    You kidding, my best guild mate quit because of the pack and now we cant finish the AAT raid
  • Taco wrote: »
    You kidding, my best guild mate quit because of the pack and now we cant finish the AAT raid

Wow, he straight up quit? Dang. I was expecting something involving a tusken....
  • Here are my thoughts on everything (keep in mind I haven't been playing as long as most here)

Why is everyone freaking out lately? So many complaints about prices and toons having too much power!

Prices: first off why are you spending 100s or even 1000s on a mobile game? Don't you have a family to support? Or a future family for that point. Also think about this; the devs may not decide the prices on these packs or how rooms come out (tourney, packs,nodes) their boses probably do

You realise that the people spending money aren't the same people complaining about the prices? It's the fact that people are willing to spend maybe up to $50 a month (just a number pulled out of thin air for arguement sake), but for doing so you're not exactly rewarded with a great deal to put you ahead of the f2p players. People just want a little bang for their buck. They're not expecting to be top of the leaderboards by spending a moderate amount of money, but they'd like to have something that actually represents value for money. $30 for ten shards that in no way improves either toon simply isn't value for money and I hope that the sales numbers for this pack reflect that

People are free to spend however their disposable income allows them to, but y know there's a pricing issue though when the whales who are spending $100s-$1000s on this game are turning around and saying 'nope' to this pack. There's a few buying of course, but I can't imagine there'd be anywhere near as many people snapping this up like there used to be for previous packs
  • Short and sweet. Overpriced, no value, no thanks.
  • Personally I always thought they were called MICRO TRANSACTIONS. Must be my mistake. Mind you I look at Candy Crush and think "Yeah they're selling like there's no tomorrow. What are they doing differently?" I'll let you figure it out. (FYI I'm not advocating it should be as cheap as that but quantity people, quantity!!! 10 x 2999 or 1000 x 1199)
  • I'm sure ea is thinking this:

Everyone says new toons are p2p only and they just want to be able to try them out too. - ok let's give them the unlocks for free and make them semi good at those stars.

Whales want exclusive characters to make them feel a value for what they spend. - ok let's make packs so expensive only those big whales will get them.

Everyone wants events for new toons bc they hate tournaments- ok let's make events for new toons and solve the other two issues at the same time.

Everyone thinks the packs are to high and says they won't spend. - hmm data shows otherwise, this pack is up 8% over our target range.

I'm just playing Devils advocate and would not spend this amount on any pack. The point is though that I think the company has been listening and trying to please everyone (bean counters included)

I do hope a new approach is made though, I myself have no problem spending on things that are fun and don't make me feel dirty. These packs are not fun, I feel it's psychological conditioning at the lowest common denominator.

And as everyone knows perception is reality and if the community feels taken advantage of that is the reality.
  • JarJar_Shard_1
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Not going to buy this pack. It's too expensive and the value of these toons decreases too fast with the pace of new releases these days.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • My constructive feedback - make the 2999 pack guaranteed 30 shards of each. Problem solved. I am serious.
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    I'm sure ea is thinking this:

Everyone says new toons are p2p only and they just want to be able to try them out too. - ok let's give them the unlocks for free and make them semi good at those stars.

Whales want exclusive characters to make them feel a value for what they spend. - ok let's make packs so expensive only those big whales will get them.

Everyone wants events for new toons bc they hate tournaments- ok let's make events for new toons and solve the other two issues at the same time.

Everyone thinks the packs are to high and says they won't spend. - hmm data shows otherwise, this pack is up 8% over our target range.

I'm just playing Devils advocate and would not spend this amount on any pack. The point is though that I think the company has been listening and trying to please everyone (bean counters included)

I do hope a new approach is made though, I myself have no problem spending on things that are fun and don't make me feel dirty. These packs are not fun, I feel it's psychological conditioning at the lowest common denominator.

And as everyone knows perception is reality and if the community feels taken advantage of that is the reality.

8% over our target range? You work for ea-cg? Swgoh.gg shows other data to suggest otherwise
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • i was ready to open my wallet and spend a little to get these characters. with this pricing model i am not spending another dime in this game. premium characters i used to buy go FTP to soon now. it makes no sense to spend money for a short benefit.
  • While we're talking about psychological conditioning - here's my 2 cents..

Bringing back aurodium isn't the answer.. sure $200 per toon is better RELATIVE value than $500-1000 per toon ... But is it actually good value? My opinion is no.

$100+ vaults? There's no value there either.

While a percentage of spenders indulge at the new price levels and if a reasonable percentage of the rest maintain their level of spend - the top line for CG keeps going up, and by a large factor.

So to the players - think about it..Many of you have suggested lowering prices to make the game more inclusive but while it'll make more players happy, it may not result in revenue growth which is surely an internal benchmark

To the management - can you not find a way to make more money AND have more happy players? This game has so much potential beyond just expanding your bottom line..

• Tragically this will temper enthusiasm for the release of any new toon for the duration of the game. Starting with Darth Nihilus who I had been most looking forward to getting.
    Empire Relic
  • I love the new pricing, I wasn't planing on buying any and this ensures I don't have to deal w then in arena.

If you don't like it, well don't buy it. If it was a bad decision for their business they are the ones who will suffer.

Let's get real, the metrics they care about are not how many people complain. They don't review a complaint index when going over the weekly numbers. Bob will say there's been a lot of negative feedback in the community and Jane will say revenues for this toon is up 12% vs the previous pricing model and all will be forgotten. If they are down, then the price will change.

That's how it works folks.
  • This thread makes a sickening read; not sure which I find more abhorrent: the greed of the company or the gross stupidity of the people. Greed and stupidity, the foundation stones of modern human society. Makes me wanna become a recluse.
  • I bought the tie pack hoping for Vaders ship and I ended up with needing to activate shoretrooper to activate the ship I won, oh well but extra of that package is out of my budget. Now this pack for death trooper / krennik I cannot justify the expense for one purchase. Even If it had shoretrooper and other empire I would still think twice. I do regret I purchased a vault before seeing how much I would be potentially having to invest; but that is water under the bridge. I am now buying my shoretrooper with shards 4 to 8 at a Time as I have not completed the 9 non hard to be able to access my shoretrooper for had node farming. I do hope to see another way to get Vader ship shards in the future, currently I have 49/80 and would like to reasonably add him to my cadre of ships.
  • I agree this is a water tester to see how far they can push. Started with 700 cr Auditoriums then 1199 shoretrooper/Churrit packs and quickly (as I suspect many many people bought to try and make ST and Churrit arena viable at 4*) escalated to 3k crystal packs.

You need to understand that with big business it is the bean counters that control the pricing. How much can they make is NOT controlled by devs. If it was the packs would be at the same price same model etc as devs care about dev and a pay packet not charts and how much profit they can squeeze from user base.

The only way to change the price point is this is to provide "feedback" via bean counter analysis charts. Take from that what you will...
  • I bought a vault for both the TIE pack and the Citadel pack and was utterly disappointed with each. First of all, the TIE pack is very misleading. It makes it sound like your first purchase unlocks both ships for you, which was an incredible deal, but it only unlocked one with 5 shards for the other.

Obviously, everyone here knows the issue with the Citadel pack.

I was actually extremely close to charging back the $200 dropped this week even though I've spent much more in the past. It just felt like a slap in the face. Even whales have a breaking point where the ripoff outweighs the satisfaction of finishing the characters.

Catering some things to whales is fine and I really like the approach of Krennic and Death Trooper where everyone gets to earn a few stars of them for free, but when it comes time for people to spend to finish them off, you guys have to realize that charging top dollar actually hurts your overall revenue. People are willing to spend money when they feel like they're getting a good deal and I don't think anyone feels like $600 to 7* these characters is a good deal.
  • Please tell us that the Citadel Pack was unintentionally priced at 2,999.

In just a few seconds time I went from being so excited to spend some money on this game again to feeling so completely disappointed and about to delete this game outright.
    And being up all morning reading the forums, I know I am not alone.

I honestly think lowering the price down to 1,199 like the other packs, or to whatever it was set for the Shoretrooper and Bistan Pack is reasonable.
    It's likely the Devs are not the ones who set the price but I hope they can speak to whoever is in charge of that and can negotiate on behalf of the community and their fellow colleagues who've been working their butts off making more content for what has been, a great game. Let's not take 10 steps forward and twenty back in one fell swoop.

Soo this ^^ EA/CG in a nutshell..

I was really looking forward to lining your pockets this weekend guys, I put aside a spare $350 - $500 for both but then.. Well you know..! There is hope as this must be wrong, the game is travelling nicely, please look into this and tell me someone got it wrong, I don't care who.?
    I think we all would concede a pack the same as Shorey was a great deal, and not a lotto. I don't gamble nor do most others, so please fix this mess so we can move forward...

Thanks in advance:

@EA_Jesse, @CG_Kozispoon,
    @CG_Kozispoon, @EA_MindTricks
    @CG_CapGaSP, @CG_JohnSalera

Atomik ✌
    “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
This discussion has been closed.