Anyone still hate Tournaments?

Prev13
mamba
100 posts Member
If the dark side event is here to teach us a lesson for hating on tournaments so much ... well done EA ... lesson learnt.

Please bring back tournaments now and never bring this "you get a free and no challenge 3-4* toon which you spend all your gear resources in excitement on but then you'll need to spend an absurd amount of money to get it up to 7* so all the gear was just wasted" event.

Replies

• Options
    mamba wrote: »
    If the dark side event is here to teach us a lesson for hating on tournaments so much ... well done EA ... lesson learnt.

Please bring back tournaments now and never bring this "you get a free and no challenge 3-4* toon which you spend all your gear resources in excitement on but then you'll need to spend an absurd amount of money to get it up to 7* so all the gear was just wasted" event.

Yeah because the tourneys are so much better. The events where only the top 10% of the player base get the toon unlock and the whales are the only ones with a shot at getting a 7* broken toon like Chirrut or Jyn. At least with these events it's fair in that everybody gets the toons to see how good they are. DT is good even at 3* if you gear him so I'm not sure where you are getting the wasted gear thing from.
  • Options

Really? A 3* toon is better than no toon. Even at 3*, level 1, Gear I, Deathtrooper and Krennic are more useful to me than the 20 Chirrut shards that have been sitting there for months.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I have no desire to ever see tournaments come back.
  • Options
    Tournaments as they were, are still no good. The event itself was fine imo... It's just the follow up pricing was mismatched.
  • Options
    Yes, please bring back tournaments, just include a way to prevent cheating
  • Options
    Yes, please bring back tournaments, just include a way to prevent cheating

Sooooo no tournaments then
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Tournaments are too time consuming. Most people that have a job or study can't stay on top 100, because of the lack of time. I prefer to abdicate of a OP character, than stay a lot of hours on the long and boring tournaments, destroying my academical future, my social life or my job. On the last tournament I've unlocked Jyn, because I was on vacation and I was lucky to be on a good shard.
  • Options
    Torments (aka tournaments) are very time consuming. And the worst , you get almost nothing for several hours of play. The only good thing it has: boxes and money.
    Actually, it is not tournament, as you can win all the time like 30 times in a row and still be at 200+ place. Tournament does not works this way.
  • Options
    I like them but are not as rewarding as other events and cheaters are constant problem there.
  • Options

Yes, we can still hate tournaments. The fact that they came out with a worse option does not mean that tournaments were actually good all along.

Its like If someone kicked you in the shin everyday for a week straight, then when you complained about it they changed to punch you in the face instead.
    It doesn't mean that you were wrong the first time and the kick in the shins was actually great all along.

Tournaments as they were had their positives and their negatives, bit the real problem was the prevalence of cheaters taking advantage of them.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I still hate tournaments
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Yes, we can still hate tournaments. The fact that they came out with a worse option does not mean that tournaments were actually good all along.

Its like If someone kicked you in the shin everyday for a week straight, then when you complained about it they changed to punch you in the face instead.
    It doesn't mean that you were wrong the first time and the kick in the shins was actually great all along.

Tournaments as they were had their positives and their negatives, bit the real problem was the prevalence of cheaters taking advantage of them.

Tournaments are far from perfect but as your analogy goes if I have to choose I prefer getting kicked in the shins ... Until they show us another option and I have to choose between shins and face ... give me the shins!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    If anyone kicks my shin I warn them not to do it, if they does it again I break their leg
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Advanced TIE was a tournament reward, yet super expensive. So just because toons were released via tournaments doesn't mean they aren't going to be overpriced afterwards.
    So unless you're one of those players (the 0.01%) who actually is able to get a 7* from tournaments, you're fooling yourself into wanting tournaments instead of events.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I will cast my vote against tournaments. in no way did i find them fair. And im pretty sure the scoring was slanted as some members were earning more points than others per battle even at a higher tournament rank.
  • Options
    Always will hate tourneys. That will never change, and I stopped wasting my time with them about 3 tourneys ago. The ally points were better spent on bronzium pulls.
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Please no more tournaments. All that grinding was the least amount of fun I've ever had in the game. Events like these are a lot better way to release new toons. It's just that the pricing on the pack is too high. But it would have been that no matter what if these toons were released in tournaments and you had to buy the remaining shards.
  • Options
    Totally agree with the bronzoniums. It makes me anxious when people start talking about tournys because i need 10,000 mk3's and i can more of them through the bronzes
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

+1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Yes I still hate tournaments

Agreed.
  • Options
    Kind of controversial but the very first tourney was the best. It was the most honest and it was straight with everybody on how it work. Pay for crystals get a beast of a tank. After that it's like y'all said, just a waste of time and only benifitted those who could waste hours to get close enough to the cheaters to at least get the unlock toon rank. Glad they are gone and until they rework how they work I hope they never come back.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I would rather have no new toon than to have a another cheater infested tournament
  • Options
    I miss the tourny, bring it back asap...
  • Options
    I hope to never see another tournament. As far as Krennic or deathtrooper shards. Give it a month and they will be somewhere to farm. Not sure what all the hype is about these chars. Deathtrooper is magmatrooper with different graphics and Krennic is Tarkin with different graphics. Maybe they have great synergy together but nah. I will pass
  • Options
    No tourneys were worse. With this event, EVERYBODY has the chance to unlock them. With tourneys, even if everybody wanted to, 100 of those everybody would be able to unlock. Tournaments wasted your whole day usually to get pushed out of the top 100 and miss an unlock, whereas this event was autoable and gave you a free unlocked toon.

However, what is terrible, is how they released shards after the event. I have no words for how bad it is.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    tournaments are meant to allow some to win and some to lose it's not a charity for the new or the ones who don't care to put much time or effort ...

For those that really put in alot effort and lost due to cheating that sucks I feel for you ... they need to fix it

For those that have weak rosters cause they are new or have not put much time into the game and just expect hand outs I don't....

Don't get me wrong I agree the current tournament needs fixing ... but the concept of tournaments is great
  • Options
    tournaments are meant to allow some to win and some to lose it's not a charity for the new or the ones who don't care to put much time or effort ...

For those that really put in alot effort and lost due to cheating that sucks I feel for you ... they need to fix it

For those that have weak rosters cause they are new or have not put much time into the game and just expect hand outs I don't....

Don't get me wrong I agree the current tournament needs fixing ... but the concept of tournaments is great

Eh, I guess you're right but they kept pumping them out despite the grand outrage of cheater exploits here on the forum which only cemented that they aren't going to change the way the tourneys run which sucks. I get your premise but the point of a tournament is to have knock out rounds and instead we get endless battles until somebody quits and you are ahead of them. If they rework tourneys they need to have knock out stages and when you lose on offence you are done.
  • Options
    I don't even bother playing the tournaments anymore. I consider it a waste of time and resources. The amount of time and resources spent way outweighs the benefits. It's basic cost to benefit ratio, and it's simply not worth it.
  • Options

How can you possibly want tournaments compared to this? The four event cycle took almost no time. Wait for the paint to dry before you get too worked up. These characters won't stay in these packs forever.

I'd rather see everyone have a fair shot at a 3* or 4* character that doesn't require hours of boring cookie cutter battles and hoping you've saved enough ally points.