New skills thread

Hey
I'm not sure if this has been done before. If it has, please feel free to scrap the thread lol

Basically this thread is for the community to come up with some new,unique skills they would like to see, or some unique theme of a character.
Try not to make them to OP;)

I'll start off. A skill I would like to see is maybe a chance to reflect skills? So say 20% chance to reflect an opponents skill back at them with only 50% damage.

Following on from this, a character could have skills such as:
1.) Jedi slayer- grevious attacks one enemy with a 45% chance to gain speed up(haven't thought through this one lol)
2) lightsaber rotation - deals physical damage to one opponent. The first skill used on grevious will be reflected to one random ally
3) unique skill: on damage, reflect 10% of damage to opponent
4) leader skill: all team had 5% chance to reflect opponents skill back at them for 20% damage. Max upgraded could be like 10% chance to reflect opponents skill at them for 60% damage?

Post your ideas ;)

Replies

• some good ideas,sorry i arent creative enough to make my own xD
  • I'd like to see a Force Shield. Like you could chose a Hero to protect for one round that is impenetrable. I guess stealth kinda hides them but you can't chose & still damage by AOE. This obviously would be powerful so the hero's offense attack would be lower.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Impenetrable is kind of too much for me. I would love to see force shields that can absorb a certain amount of damage, say 10k.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Other abilities such as mind control/manipulation to actually control a toon of your opponent to attack his/her teammates sound good as well. Just look at WOW and copy those special abilities and adapted them into this game.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • I think as a leader skill it's too OP but I like the rest of it.

This has been suggested before for Jedi in keeping with their celluloid depictions.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Sysy wrote: »
    Impenetrable is kind of too much for me. I would love to see force shields that can absorb a certain amount of damage, say 10k.

I think that sounds awesome!
    Sysy wrote: »
    Other abilities such as mind control/manipulation to actually control a toon of your opponent to attack his/her teammates sound good as well. Just look at WOW and copy those special abilities and adapted them into this game.

That's really interesting but would that be too complicated?
  • Keep the ideals coming :)
  • I'd like to see some skills that are like high damage but a chance it fails and they do smaller damage to themselves. Say, 20% stronger than their current best skill damage, 30% chance to backfire that is 1/5th of damage to themselves instead.

Of course individual numbers to be worked out, higher chance to backfire initially and lowered as skill is levelled.

2; Shield buff that either absorbs 50% and the rest is "spat out" at either various allies or the enemy team.

Ultimately, I think we're seeing matches that are somewhat predictable, barring rng rolls, I'd like to see chance skills that can totally not be just A and B damage, but could actually hurt your team. Could just be that I'm still waking up haha, but I'd love to see these skills that have you on the edge of your seat in the hope you do or don't hurt yourself or allies /enemy members.

• Wazlinski wrote: »
    I'd like to see some skills that are like high damage but a chance it fails and they do smaller damage to themselves. Say, 20% stronger than their current best skill damage, 30% chance to backfire that is 1/5th of damage to themselves instead.

Of course individual numbers to be worked out, higher chance to backfire initially and lowered as skill is levelled.

2; Shield buff that either absorbs 50% and the rest is "spat out" at either various allies or the enemy team.

Ultimately, I think we're seeing matches that are somewhat predictable, barring rng rolls, I'd like to see chance skills that can totally not be just A and B damage, but could actually hurt your team. Could just be that I'm still waking up haha, but I'd love to see these skills that have you on the edge of your seat in the hope you do or don't hurt yourself or allies /enemy members.

Yh adding an element of risk to battles makes for more strategic decisions and exciting fights. As you said it's either rng or speed which determines a fight.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    To expand on your Reflect option
    Deflect: Passive ability, has 15-40% chance to deflect incoming Ranged attacks (I don't know if the game splits ranged vs melee damage currently) with a 5-15% chance to reflect it back at the attacker.