Galactic War - Last 3 Matches are Unfair

It seems that the last 3 matches in the Galactic war are ludicrously unfair. I can easily beat the whole map, but when I get to the last 3, I'm pitted against people who are 4+ levels higher than me. Even if I'm able to beat the bottom of the three, by the next fight, I'm barely alive. I'm not sure what kind of algorithm you are using for matchmaking, but in my eyes, it's absolutely broken and not fair at all. I'd love to hear some feedback from other players on this to see if anyone else is feeling this pain.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's random. Also... you can beat teams 3 levels above you. Or even higher.

Some tips:
    - Get more than 5 characters to max level and as good gear as you can find. Especially another healer if possible.
    - At any time during combat you can "retreat" and then restart the combat with different chars. Swap out ones that are about to die. Bring them back in for later fights that may be easier, or near the end of a fight before you use a heal.
    - If you have bad luck one day, just try again the next day. Even 9/12 gives good rewards for minimal time.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I got hit with a lvl 60 purple geared team when I was lvl 47... Wiped me out, but I finally beat the team after going through like 10 characters lol
  • How does one retreat from GW? I just unlocked it yesterday and I don't see a tab anywhere that lets me do so.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Some tips:
    - If you have bad luck one day, just try again the next day. Even 9/12 gives good rewards for minimal time.

It's RNG. LUCK. But yes, one bad day and you "pull" a very difficult opponent (impossible in fact) on your second or third battle. Stinks, but it happens. Fortunately, it doesn't happen all the time. Believe me, it has happened to me numerous times and I'm left with an incredulous feeling. But other days, I just breeze through the battles and happily earn my last loot.

Galatic Wars is a LOT of fun. But it's not a given to "pull" similarly powered opponent as your team's all the time.

Good luck to all!

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Melz0 wrote: »
    How does one retreat from GW? I just unlocked it yesterday and I don't see a tab anywhere that lets me do so.

You can retreat from any battle from the menu above the auto button top left of the screen during a match.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Errrr ... How derpy of me. Well that helped a ton, won my first war. Tyvm :)
  • Retreat also works to heal status effects , i completed my GW today and faced 8 groups of lvl 58+ by using the retreat method.

Anytime i got the other team down with 1 hero ( usually try and save the highest hp last ) i would throw in my other heroes that as low on health from previous battles to help heal them up. Barriss is a perfect hero to leave last as she has good hp and doesnt do much damage at all
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• Im2awesome wrote: »
    Retreat also works to heal status effects , i completed my GW today and faced 8 groups of lvl 58+ by using the retreat method.

Anytime i got the other team down with 1 hero ( usually try and save the highest hp last ) i would throw in my other heroes that as low on health from previous battles to help heal them up. Barriss is a perfect hero to leave last as she has good hp and doesnt do much damage at all

0.o

Wow thats awesome to know. I'll definately try this out next round - thanks for sharing bro!
  • I'm 47 and beat a purple-geared level 60 today with the retreat method. I couldn't handle the 55 I ran into later because all my non-A-team characters were dead or nearly dead, but I did beat that 60.
  • Get a very dependable healer - or two. I just did my first full completion of Galactic War - this miiiight be because I got lucky as hell and pulled a FREE 4* Barriss Offee from Bronzium packs =P
  • The key to Galactic Wars is retreating when needed.

Make a dummy team to soak in all their AOE abilities.
    Then retreat and bring in your A team.

Retreat when:
    1. Any irritating debuff is cast on your entire A team (retreating clears the debuff)
    2. Chewie casts a Taunt (retreating removes the taunt)

If the enemy has high speed heroes may need to take a few hits each retreat.
    Try to finish one hero off completely before retreating since the enemy team heals back some health each retreat.

Have completed a streak of 9 12/12 Galactic Wars so far.
    At 50+ I come across quite a few level 60 purple teams but manage.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• I think the opponents chosen in Galactic War are actually the teams around your rank in Squad Arena.
    I tried to drop my rank to +5000 and opponent in GW started from 39 and I finished the whole war.
    But today when my rank became -1800 I met lvl 60 +7 gear 4-5 stars in wave 6.

Miss Doll
    lvl 52
    472-649-331
  • Some very nice pieces of info guys, thank!

So if I understand correctly, retreating clears buffs and debuffs, keep health the same and reset turn meters?

So this basically means that if I have 2 characters that are faster then the enemy team I could potentially abuse this and start, attack with the first, retreat when it's the turn of the second, and repeat, basically having my fastest character attacking over and over? Sounds overly lame of course, just asking..

I've been > 40 for 2 3 days so I don't have much experience with GW, so a few other questions:

- it happens often that I start, enemy doku goes first, uses his special and pulls a double stun. At this point I should retreat and restart right? He will attack again and I'll take some more damage, but at least I'll clear the stuns..

- should I really invest in rather useless characters such as the initial royal guard and use them to soak damage for the rest of the A team in late fights?

Any other tip will be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

(thinking about this, if retreating really works as I now think it does, I think it will be changed soon, for example with a counter that allows you to do only n retreats during a day..what do you think?)
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You can't retreat until at least one of the opponent's characters goes. Trust me; I've tried.

And yeah I do retreat after a double-stun. Or a single stun. Or one of them uses taunt. Or I find out that I get 2+ attacks and they only get to return 1 before I get to go again. Or any number of other abusive situations. Really winning GW is all about exploiting its weaknesses to ensure you make it through with as little damage as possible, especially when you get paired up against a level 60 team with purple gear at level 46.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    isendel11 wrote: »
    Some very nice pieces of info guys, thank!

So if I understand correctly, retreating clears buffs and debuffs, keep health the same and reset turn meters?

Yes.

So this basically means that if I have 2 characters that are faster then the enemy team I could potentially abuse this and start, attack with the first, retreat when it's the turn of the second, and repeat, basically having my fastest character attacking over and over? Sounds overly lame of course, just asking..

No, the treat button will not available until at least one character of your opponent has moved. But theoretically you can pile up as many fast toons as possible to outrun your opponent, just remember to retreat on the turn of your last fast runner.

swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Yea but sometimes retreating can backfire when u come back and ur opponent gets to have the first slice at you...
  • Darkcloud wrote: »
    Yea but sometimes retreating can backfire when u come back and ur opponent gets to have the first slice at you...

Change ur leader to someone who grants speed. Heal real quick.. retreat. Then put ur normal lineup back in. Ill also use someone who grants speed just to kill off their darth sidious, then back out. And put normal lineup in
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• What about when You have 2 or 3 Guys with high Speed. Do 1-2 attacks then retread. Just repeat this. Do this work?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    No. You cannot retreat until at least one enemy has had a turn.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Vygilance wrote: »
    It seems that the last 3 matches in the Galactic war are ludicrously unfair. I can easily beat the whole map, but when I get to the last 3, I'm pitted against people who are 4+ levels higher than me. Even if I'm able to beat the bottom of the three, by the next fight, I'm barely alive. I'm not sure what kind of algorithm you are using for matchmaking, but in my eyes, it's absolutely broken and not fair at all. I'd love to hear some feedback from other players on this to see if anyone else is feeling this pain.

To answer your question about fairness you can have up to 65 characters at level 50 versing six characters at level 60. So it is fair actually when you think of it that way. The AI team also can't retreat and change to whichever team they want at almost any time. So from the start you are versing teams lower than you. (6 X 9 levels at level 30-50) then (6 X 3 levels at level 60).
    All hypothetical, but you get the point. It is massively in your favour if you have enough high level characters.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    All hypothetical, but you get the point. It is massively in your favour if you have enough high level characters.

Yeah, I have to imagine that, though it will take quite some time, once I have a few full groups of max geared/leveled characters, galactic wars should be much easier because I can retreat for any reason, including if a character dies. I'll always have a full group of 5 against whatever they have left.
  • Can you please provide some example of farmable speed leader that we could use to implement these tactics? Thanks
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You don't need a speed leader. I just use my pvp team: Sidious (leader), Luminara, Old Daka, Consular, and Dooku. All of those are easy farmables except Dooku.
  • Ive never had the need to retreat in galactic war :) I've won every single war with all my fully geared up and starred out characters my 7* darth maul really packs a punch!
  • MackemSLAM
    346 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've noticed Galactic War has suddenly become extremely more difficult.

Until a few days ago I could basically win it every time with 5 characters and no retreating.

Suddenly I can't even get to the end, despite.multiple retreats and having 14 level 56 and 57 characters, all 6, 5 and 4 stars, my a team all purple gear and the rest in at least level 5 gear.

I make top 20 in arena and teams I would easily beat there are annihilating my entire squad.

I don't understand what is going on to be honest.
  • isendel11 wrote: »
    Can you please provide some example of farmable speed leader that we could use to implement these tactics? Thanks

The 2 speed leaders you probably will want are Asajj Ventress and Qui-Gon Jinn. Since we are talking about getting a quick heal off. AV is Nightsister, ie, Daka and QGJ is for your jedi healers.