Ig88 or hk47

Who do you think i should farm first. I already have maxed out poggle and ig86
So who do you think would be more worth staring first ig88 or hk47.
My hk is 5*
Ig88 is 4*

Replies

• HK-47 much needed as leader you can bring in 88 later
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    IG88 I think. Most of 47's benefit is in the leader ability, 88 could use both the dps and health more (47 can revive anyway so health pool is less of a priority).

Edit: I assumed from the OP that he was already using both 47 and 88 and just needed to star them one at a time. But Harmson is right that 47 is probably a bigger priority to get on your team (although I'd probably go Poggle L, Poe, GS, 86, 88 before HK L, Poggle, 88, non-droid, non-droid).
  • Well I have Poe poggle 86 and gs all 7*
    So I'm kinda thinking hk47 just for the leader
  • I use 88 and 86 without HK and do well. Granted I don't get full droid synergy, but frankly I'm going to wait to see who drops n update before farming anyone else. And remember 88 gets a boost from Sids aoe
  • 88 and put it as lead until ur hk is 5* as lead. 19% all crut is a great lead for the team u mentioned. Or sid...
  • Poggle is great for the team lead as well. I run poggle poe gen soldier 86 and 88. I'm rank 30ish on my server and I only have 19k power fightING guys with 22k-23k power and winning
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ig88 no doubt! Hk47 is really good for his leader ability. The leader ability stays the same wether he is 5* or 7*. The IG's are for the heavy damage, but they are squishy. Starring them up gives them health and damage.
    The only problem with a 4* HK47 is people will notice him in arena and maybe target you.
    I run the cookiecutter droid team on my second account 4* HK47, 7* IG88, 6* Ig86, 5* Poggle and 4* Poe and reached rank 1 today. I'm level 63 and beat level 70 players with 6k power difference. Was pretty surprised myself.
  • HK to 4*, then 88 to 7*, then finish HK

You want your leader ability first, then you want you're damage benefit from the ability
  • My hk is already 5* and almost 6*
    Ig88 is ABOT half way to 5*
    So I think I may farm ig88
  • goobstoob
    171 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i ran into this same issue. i farmed sid forever all the way to 6* and then realized, since I'm running a droid team, why the heck did i spend so much on sid and lumi??? (mostly to make it easier in GW, droids not so strong there) I should've spent way more on 88, 86, and then 47.
    however, despite my misspent arena tokens, i have
    4* hk lv 60 gear 7
    4* 88 lv 60 gear 7
    5* 86 lv 60 gear 7
    with 5* poe 60 gear 7
    and 4* poggle 60 gear 6
    16.7k power and consistently rank 30 or lower in arena everyday.
    i have now switched to farming 88 and 86 relentlessly.
    once i 7* 88, i will 7* HK

speaking of updates, when is the next one coming out? (ie when are the next farmable toons coming out in the shipments)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I would say IG88 first. There is a new droid team out there which doesn't use HK47.

The team consists of IG88, IG86, Poggle, GS, and Poe.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    I would say IG88 first. There is a new droid team out there which doesn't use HK47.

I want to try this team. Who for lead though??
    Guild - Darkside Knights
  • Reyia wrote: »

Wow, such a good team, i can't win does your record have zero loss? so good
  • Ig88 or poggle lead. I would say. Any team is beatable.
    Jawas eat droids
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »

I want to try this team. Who for lead though??

Poggle.
  • Yes but 88,86 and gs all are critical based attackers and 20% crit chance is a huge boost for them.
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Yes but 88,86 and gs all are critical based attackers and 20% crit chance is a huge boost for them.

Yes either is good but 88 wins i think
    Guild - Darkside Knights
  • Simply bc those 3 characters have huge crit damage
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Yes but 88,86 and gs all are critical based attackers and 20% crit chance is a huge boost for them.
    bleeaauuh wrote: »

25% more damage is also a huge boost.
  • Depends on what you want from them.

As everyone will say, hk47 would be best as a driod squad leader.

47 is a big dollop of sturdy self res goodness. Comes into his own when throwing grenades into groups of Jedi.
    88 is made out of papermache but armed with a howitzer, he can deal an immense amount of damage.

If your sticking to a droid team,its 50/50 choice if you already have poggle maxed.
    Did you make a choice?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Hk has the best leader ability, and I like the toon a lot. But in current meta, he "uses" a slot that could be a stronger DPS like Geo. You need a slot for Poe. You probably want Poggle's buff. If you use HK, you are left with 2 real damage dealers, who die when someone looks in their direction. If enemy's Poe starts, and you are unlucky, your glass cannons might die before they act. That's why some people is transitioning to Poggle (L), Geonosian Soldier, IG88, IG86 and Poe.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Hk has the best leader ability, and I like the toon a lot. But in current meta, he "uses" a slot that could be a stronger DPS like Geo. You need a slot for Poe. You probably want Poggle's buff. If you use HK, you are left with 2 real damage dealers, who die when someone looks in their direction. If enemy's Poe starts, and you are unlucky, your glass cannons might die before they act. That's why some people is transitioning to Poggle (L), Geonosian Soldier, IG88, IG86 and Poe.

That is the direction I am going, need to get 88 fully stard first though since he has so little health.

• with a droid team nobody uses IG-100?

at player level 58 I am getting to a point where I need more than 7 toons to clear GW, so was thinking of leveling my droids. I have HK at 4*, gear 7, lvl 56. I have a 4* poggle and an 86 I am starting to level up.

I was thinking of aiming for a team of HK, 86, 88, 100 and Poggle. leaves no room for a taunt or heals, but as a suicide squad to eliminate 1 or 2 toons in the last battles of GW I think it would be solid, especially if it happens to be Jedi heavy team
  • People always count 47 out. I've come down to 47 vs. 2 of the defenders with low health and he pulled the victory out for me with grenade crits replenishing hit bar and self revives. Now might I have not been in that situation if I had GS in his place? Possibly.

I would have had 1 guy hitting harder. Would have been missing an AOE though that often times prevents an enemy heal or AOE with its ability block. My 88 would have been doing much less damage because of the lack of enemies with debuffs as well were I to use GS over HK. My droids would be getting much fewer hits as well due to the lack of turn meter boost from HKs leader ability. Looking at the big numbers from GS blinds people from the synergy HK gives and the overall higher damage he gives in the long run.

I understand most arena battles last 2-3 turns and GS can eliminate a guy on the very first turn if he is lucky and takes someone like 86 with him. Every time I bring GS along he ends up bringing Poe as his assist and it feels like a wasted turn. I'd rather have that first turn being the HK AOE letting 88 one pop someone the next turn. In the world of turn 1 Poe, it isn't going to matter if you have GS or HK. 88 and 86 will both be dead on turn one if the enemy's Poe gets off first. If your Poe gets off first you will win whether or not you have HK or GS in your line up.

I've been against a Poe nerf, but I see GS as my safety net if they mangle Poe with an update and make him turn 8. I am just going to run HK, 86, 88, GS, Poggle. Going to live and die by the alpha DPS until the meta changes. I have a bruiser back up team that I use to auto GW that I feel will be just as good in arena. It doesn't throw up those big pretty numbers like my droid team does, but it would more than likely be much more safe. Who wants to be safe though?
  • Hk hands Down, 88 is disappointly underwhelming by itself
  • I made a decision I ended up going hk47
    Simply bc I saw more utility for him. Hk is much more useful in galactic war, not that I really need it but he's a lot better then ig88 in the health department. The other reason was that hk47 was almost 6* anyway so I will spend the least time farming him, then I can start 88 later. I really like the fact that hk 47 can throw his grenade and if he gets atleast 3 crits as leader basically moved again straight away. I have gs for now so another glass cannon like ig88 probably wasn't as important. Also hk47 is rediculously easy to get to gear 8
  • And on the Poe nerf, I don't think he needs to become turn 8. His speed is not the main issue, it's his turn meter reduction bc it pretty much makes battles come down to who Poe goes first. If he had no turn meter reduction then both poe's would taunt at the same time and it would be a fair playing field. Obviously I use Poe bc he's great in this squad but that reduction is OP
    Couple him with phasma and you can get almost 3 turns in.