I'm having fun with my 3* DT

Just wanted to share my experience with 3* DT so far !
I have to say I hesitated to gear him but finally got him to gear 9 and not disappointed so far !
I use him in arena with Palpa (L), Boba, Shore (3*) and TIE pilot (6*, soon 7*). I am on a december shard, 100% ftp, and rank 15-20 daily.
DT is so much fun to play with ! I've put 3 sets of health mod on him, nothing fancy, to reach 158 speed, 15k health and 21k prot. His health combined with Shore makes him last long in the fight, and his lack of speed is actually something you can benefit because it let you kill an opponent before his turn so that he can apply deathmark. Once you put death mark, the game is basically over :)
I've run this comp against wiggs/baze/Kenobi teams, even against Rex (praise the dispel !) and win on offense so far, but seem to loose on defense.
I don't plan to get him to 7* (obviously), but he is from this kind of toons that are quite viables at 3*, so enjoy :)
Sorry for the long post !

Replies

• DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review. How bad is the AI defense.......wiggs bad?
  • Options
    Its funny until they release a ftp toon with deathmark.. ;)
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »

I have a g10(4/6) DT and he is 3*. I am on a shard full of Wiggs and I hardly lose anymore.

He works amazing under palp lead because he will get back to back turns often with his grenade and when his double tap works correctly.

Look for him to get even better if they ever fix his bugs. In his current state I would still put him as a top 3 toon with Kenobi and Chirrut.
  • Options
    Just wanted to share my experience with 3* DT so far !
    I have to say I hesitated to gear him but finally got him to gear 9 and not disappointed so far !
    I use him in arena with Palpa (L), Boba, Shore (3*) and TIE pilot (6*, soon 7*). I am on a december shard, 100% ftp, and rank 15-20 daily.
    DT is so much fun to play with ! I've put 3 sets of health mod on him, nothing fancy, to reach 158 speed, 15k health and 21k prot. His health combined with Shore makes him last long in the fight, and his lack of speed is actually something you can benefit because it let you kill an opponent before his turn so that he can apply deathmark. Once you put death mark, the game is basically over :)
    I've run this comp against wiggs/baze/Kenobi teams, even against Rex (praise the dispel !) and win on offense so far, but seem to loose on defense.
    I don't plan to get him to 7* (obviously), but he is from this kind of toons that are quite viables at 3*, so enjoy :)
    Sorry for the long post !

Thx. I'm going to try this team. No Vader?
  • Options
    I battle 7 star zeta'd DT and Krenic and most of the time I do win or other times it goes like this lol https://youtu.be/j2cZMF1fwX8
  • Options
    Wow, do you have a whale-less shard? I don't think you could break the top 200 with that low of characters on mine:/
  • Options
    I'm using a g10 one with zader, shore, boba and TFP. Took first yesterday but last I looked today I fell to 18th. People tell me they win and he never gets a turn. Mine is 190 speed iirc.
  • Options
    I'm about halfway to getting my DT to g8, can't remember if I have any mods on him yet, and have him at level 85. My DK is the same, except level 50-something I think. Can't wait to run these guys to see what they're about.
  • Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    I battle 7 star zeta'd DT and Krenic and most of the time I do win or other times it goes like this lol https://youtu.be/j2cZMF1fwX8

Somebody is recording with a Galaxy S7.....lol.
  • Options
    Side note my DT is 214 speed.
  • Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »

Somebody is recording with a Galaxy S7.....lol.

S7 edge lol I only make vids for my guild so sorry for quality
  • Options
    I am having a blast with mine as well. Haven't taken him into Arena yet, still gearing him, but he is a lot of fun in GW.
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »

Hard to tell but I don't fall that much
    Wow, do you have a whale-less shard? I don't think you could break the top 200 with that low of characters on mine:/

I have some whale in the top 10 with zeta maul, zader, zQGJ, some kenobi, but in the top 20 it's ok I guess !

Olddumper wrote: »
    Side note my DT is 214 speed.

Impressive !!

• Options

Thx. I'm going to try this team. No Vader?

I know right ? He seems pretty useless without is zeta... Still planning to zeta him tho, gonna be hard to choose !!

• Options
    I have been running a 3 star, gear 10 Deathtrooper with Zader lead and Shoretrooper, General Kenobi, and TFP and I am comfortably second. Overnight, I did drop to 14th but was a very easy climb back to 2nd. Chaze teams are much easier with DT.

Only team that beats me is a Team Instinct dude with INSANE speed secondaries and he also has 7-star Krennic AND Deathtrooper he runs with a Boba lead and Chaze. His Boba has 243 speed, his Chirrut 226 and Deathrooper is 208.

Yeah, I'm not beating that guy.

Bottom line is that a 3-star Deathrooper is definitely viable even at the top of competitive shards.
  • Options
    I have a g10(4/6) DT and he is 3*. I am on a shard full of Wiggs and I hardly lose anymore.

He works amazing under palp lead because he will get back to back turns often with his grenade and when his double tap works correctly.

Look for him to get even better if they ever fix his bugs. In his current state I would still put him as a top 3 toon with Kenobi and Chirrut.

What bug ?

• Options

What bug ?

His basic grenade and terminate are all bugged and so is his ship lol.
  • Options
    One of his abilities says the target enemy, if killed, won't be revived. Is this true against Boba when he has his buff? Just asking to confirm
  • Options
    One of his abilities says the target enemy, if killed, won't be revived. Is this true against Boba when he has his buff? Just asking to confirm

Yes it is true. For some reason though his terminate will disappear if EP Stuns the toon. Same with his daze.