The problems with RNG Zeta

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited February 2017
I realize Zetas are supposed to be more "end-game" content abilities - and I happen to think the abilities are excellent. That is part of the reason they should not be almost exclusively dependent on RNG drops from challenges.

Now, at this point, someone will say (or at least think) "But you can buy them for 2000 in sleet shipments". Which also makes them the most expensive commodity in the game - and another reason they should not be so dependent on RNG in the shipments.

A bad drop run and you could be a week or two behind your shard mates in arena on a Zeta lead or ability.

When Omega materials are available as stand alone events, in which you are guaranteed one AND completion of dailies once hitting level 85, where you are also guaranteed 1 (and they are subject to RNG - but 3 challenges, not just 2), it seems odd that the more powerful and more important is more subject to randomness than the lesser.

Zetas are far more powerful and far stronger - and yet are much more random in your ability to obtain them, as opposed to the 2 equal guarantees that Omega abilities provide.

Please consider changing the Zeta availability to reflect it's importance and strong affect on arena. Right now, it's backwards - one of the most powerful and most expensive ability material in the game is also the one subject to the most volatility and randomness.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I really believe the randomness does support the importance. If you could get them at a better or "fixed" rate, you would feel less inclined to buy them.

The point of the "bad " rng is to force you to buy them to supplement and therefor manage your ship tokens to be able to balance fleet arena and squad arena. IMO

This game is all about resource management, important should mean scarce. But that's just me.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with Kyno, but where is the fun of Zeta, or the fleet shop insane offers, if you need to buy Zeta to survive arena?