Scaled Prizes for Bronzium Pack

NePlusUltra_kRh
82 posts Member
edited February 2017
Hello fellow GoH players.

I have a feature request that I would like your opinions and thoughts on.

For the Bronzium Data Card, the current cost is 250 Ally Points, for a free gear piece.

In the endgame, I believe these packs to be fairly useless. The only use for these ally rewards recently has been the tournaments, which is another discussion for another time.

It is my belief that in the end-game levels, the prizes of this pack should be increased. Should it be spewing out purples? Perhaps not, but I would argue that the prizes can be increased to greens being most common, with blues holding second. This can also apply to the fairly limited number of shards that are given out. For example, my 5,000 daily ally points netted me 14 snowtrooper shards, a *very* useful toon. To compensate for the increased rewards, the cost of the pack could change to [350] for higher levels.

This, of course, is up to discussion. Maybe the shards can be in sets of 2 instead of 1. Perhaps they should be more meta toons.

I understand that this is meant as a free feature that helps lower players grow. Why not help scale it to benefit multiple level-zones. At my level, I would willingly spend a bit of time depleting my 200k ally points if it meant getting rewards that I could use. Right now? Not so much.

TLDR- Improve prizes of Bronzium Data Packs at higher levels. This includes gear and shards.

Your opinions, thoughts, and fashion tips?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator

I understand that this is meant as a free feature that helps lower players grow. Why not help scale it to benefit multiple level-zones. At my level, I would willingly spend a bit of time depleting my 200k ally points if it meant getting rewards that I could use. Right now? Not so much.

I think this is exactly it. Bronziums are there to make beginning players feel like they are getting a bunch of free stuff, and give them extra incentive to login eveyday. Once you're hooked and are at a higher level, you either have to work or spend to get what you want.

Don't wear jeggings.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I think this is exactly it. Bronziums are there to make beginning players feel like they are getting a bunch of free stuff, and give them extra incentive to login eveyday. Once you're hooked and are at a higher level, you either have to work or spend to get what you want.

Don't wear jeggings.

I don't mean this to be a feature for free purples. Simply a higher chance at getting better gear. Greens instead of grays.

Ok, jeggings is off the table.
  • I found bronziums to be an added treat after dailies. I have had several full purples drop in last month or so, are they enormous? No but free stuff is free stuff. Plus tourneys suck so im ok with using ap this way
  • In large quantities you wind up getting very good stuff. It's just a matter of spending instead of hording.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Try this out for a few weeks and see what your results are. Spend your 5 free dailies. Only spend more if you get a shard or full character unlock. I have been doing this for months, and it results in a lot of shard shop currency, but I've gotten purple gear along with other useful green/blue gear. Unless you've stopped farming new characters, the gear from bronziums will always be useful.
  • I pulled plenty of good characters out of there with my ally points. I maxed out my RG and CS using bronziums with help from their hard nodes.